Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
Author Topic: Haldex Controllers Thinking.....  (Read 257031 times)
ejg3855

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 07:41:53 AM »

From Looking at the long vortex thread.

1. Its possible to read/write outside the car.

2. Can-Bus communication hasn't been worked out yet but should be capable through the OBD interface.
thom337

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 08:58:27 AM »

I would think that the CANbus attached to it would be the Powertrain CANbus...this means it is not accessible on the OBDII interface of MKIV's.

The unit is probably programmed via K-line, and the CAN-bus is only used for it to receive drivetrain/engine/wheel slip info. If you want to monitor info, you can tap into the Powertrain CANbus in the cluster connector or the connector that goes from engine bay to cabin.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2011, 07:55:35 PM »

What cars allow programming over can bus? Just curious.. My bet would be on the k line. I remember Tony saying a little while back if you knew the controller address, he could mod the Nefmoto flashing software to access it somehow. I think it was a discussion on auto trans ecu's..

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
thom337

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 07:17:07 AM »

What cars allow programming over can bus? Just curious.. My bet would be on the k line. I remember Tony saying a little while back if you knew the controller address, he could mod the Nefmoto flashing software to access it somehow. I think it was a discussion on auto trans ecu's..

Not sure on a complete list...I think MED9/EDC16 and on (MED17/EDC17...) ECUs are programmable via CANbus (general statement). I think the ME7 could be configured (dataset) to be programmed with CAN, but if you want to do it over OBD you have to wire up the port (on most MKIV's, there is no CAN wire even run to the OBD port!). After this, you would have to re-code the cluster to distribute the message properly through the CAN gateway (internal to cluster) to the powertrain CANbus.

For the Haldex unit...I guess it will all depend on whether it supports read/write and if it has security access.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 10:28:53 AM »

We could easily make a bench harness with can h/l and k line to connect at the connector in the rear of the car rather than reconfig can gateways and such..Where do we go from here?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
ejg3855

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2011, 12:18:56 PM »

the vortex thread got sidetracked by someone trying to get it through Can-Bus.

Apparently the hex code has been read out of the car and flashed successfully. For simplicity sake I think this is the way to go. It takes but a few seconds to pop it off and disconnect it.

I would love to support someone doing this, I don't have the skill but will contribute parts/funds for a bench setup.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2011, 12:33:16 PM »

I could have one made within the hour..

ejg3855

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2011, 10:11:29 PM »

do you need anything?

We just need to get a library of code for the 3 versions of controllers used.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 11:35:01 AM »

The bench harness is as far as I can go...Not sure what cable/software to use to get the bin.

koskotas

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 03:49:14 AM »

I was also looking for an upgrade version ! I accidentally found a guy who manage and make his own controller Smiley I used it now for 4 moths and it's much better from the o.e or the blue/orange versions Smiley

some info from him :

"Facts from the controller:

It’s a little box, which you should install to the bottom of your trunk.
You have to connect the supply and a signal from the breaking light, if you want from the handbreak to.
You have to modify the haldex valve. Just cut 6 cables inside and connect to my Haldex controller.

You can choose between two different modes:

Street Mode:
4 wheel drive is only activated if you need it cruising and breaking --> no torque at the rear wheels accelerating --> torque at rear wheels, depending on rate of acceleration and curve you are driving nearly the same like original

Race Mode:
4 wheel drive is activated the whole time Lock grade of the haldex is just reduced down to min. 50% if you are breaking, and driving curves. But 4 wheel drive is never off.
This should bring better racing performance, or better performance for tuned cars.
ABS and ESP is limited!!!!!!!!!!  "

If anyone interest for more info i can provide to them Smiley

vwaudiguy

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 07:37:58 AM »

Plz pm me with info, or post it up!  Smiley

terok

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 01:54:47 AM »

Also interested.
There already is one product for gen1 at 4motioncontroller.com/shop
koskotas

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2011, 03:06:35 AM »

Also interested.

99% the one on the page you add is the new version of the one i have !
koskotas

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2011, 03:24:54 AM »

Also interested.

99% the one on the page you add is the new version of the one i have !
ejg3855

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2011, 04:58:03 AM »

The clutch packs in the Haldex will get cooked much much quicker if you are running in full locked state all the time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29
  Print  

Jump to: