Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Crash Signal from Airbag Controller: Implausible Signal  (Read 8381 times)
carsey

« on: April 02, 2016, 09:54:53 AM »

Hi

Im always getting a DTC in my ECU from having no airbag controller in my car. 

17931/P1523/005411 - Crash Signal from Airbag Controller: Implausible Signal

Thats the code.  Does anyone know where about in the file 018H, 0261206795, 360313.

Many thanks

Chris
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 12:36:46 PM »

From the top of my head CWCS 00 or (in my old ecu cwcs did not exist) make the voltage for fault recognition FF.

SVSPORT

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 01:01:06 PM »

Here you are:
Errors
1071F 1x1 8bit
10720 1x1 8bit
10783 1x1 8bit
Codewort
13C4A 1x1 16bit
13C4C 1x1 16bit
13D12 1x1 16bit
aef

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 04:56:45 AM »

Does 17931 dtc prevent the car form start or in detail the coils from firing?
mdz

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 08:38:42 AM »

Nope. Starts and runs just fine with this dtc present.  Roll Eyes
tonytony232

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 01:19:37 AM »

U need to read dump of your airbag controller, than edit addresses from "0000" to "0040" on "FF" and write it back.
Soft VW airbag resseter tool 1.0.0.1
On airbag controller:
26pin - 12v
51pin - ground
54pin - k-line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
royce5950

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 11:35:01 AM »

Does 17931 dtc prevent the car form start or in detail the coils from firing?
Nope. Starts and runs just fine with this dtc present.  Roll Eyes

Have you done any logging or viewed any measuring blocks to see if its really not having any affect on other functions throughout your EMS?
I would imagine with our cars having a relatively solid reputation for crash test safety, that a DTC like this being present in the system, you would assume some technician would have put in place some type of restrictions, capping engine performance at a certain point due to the ECU reading that there is no airbag present and therefore it would be unsafe to reach high power output levels with a properly functioning air bag module lacking of presence in the vehicle help protect you or your passengers in the event of a collusion or accident of some sort.

... In my opinion I think that would be reckless for an automobile manufacturer to not put a maximum power output cap in place in the event of an airbag malfunction or if an airbag had been deployed... If you were driving 70 - 85 mph on the highway and hypothetically, say you got in a huge crash and the operator of the vehicle along with its passengers were all injured or killed as a result of the accident, there could be substantial lawsuits against the manufacturer for the reason that the automobile manufacturer didn't do enough to prevent a tragic and life threatening event such as this from occurring.

Regardless, you could be correct. There might be no differences in performance, but I can't personally see an automobile manufacturer letting that happen?

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
royce5950

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 11:36:18 AM »

btw, are you running an aftermarket wheel or whats the setup?  Smiley

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
mdz

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 03:02:08 PM »

Have you done any logging or viewed any measuring blocks to see if its really not having any affect on other functions throughout your EMS?
Yes and didn't noticed anything unusual, it ran as it should. I had this dtc in my previous ecu because engine is swapped into car that has no abs, airbags or any other safety systems, basically just an engine management with nothing else connected to it.
AARDQ

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 11:56:53 PM »

I would imagine with our cars having a relatively solid reputation for crash test safety, that a DTC like this being present in the system, you would assume some technician would have put in place some type of restrictions, capping engine performance at a certain point due to the ECU reading that there is no airbag present and therefore it would be unsafe to reach high power output levels with a properly functioning air bag module lacking of presence in the vehicle help protect you or your passengers in the event of a collusion or accident of some sort.

... In my opinion I think that would be reckless for an automobile manufacturer to not put a maximum power output cap in place in the event of an airbag malfunction or if an airbag had been deployed... If you were driving 70 - 85 mph on the highway and hypothetically, say you got in a huge crash and the operator of the vehicle along with its passengers were all injured or killed as a result of the accident, there could be substantial lawsuits against the manufacturer for the reason that the automobile manufacturer didn't do enough to prevent a tragic and life threatening event such as this from occurring.

Regardless, you could be correct. There might be no differences in performance, but I can't personally see an automobile manufacturer letting that happen?

Whaaaat?  Nothing personal, but that makes no sense.  Just off the top of my head, what about the law of unintended consequences?  What would you say to the person who is overtaking on a two-lane highway, just as the airbag system detects a fault and cuts power such that you are limited to 30 mph or whatever?  Head-on collision and all are killed.  Accidents have happened from exactly this kind of behavior when it's happened inadvertently, as a result of vapor lock for example.

We drove for decades without airbags.  Wonderful safety advancement, to be sure, but they are absolutely no substitute for personal responsibility.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 12:45:13 AM »

Cant this code just be erased with OLS ?

E85oholic
mdz

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 12:52:16 AM »

CWCS  Smiley
adam-

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 01:31:59 AM »

Wonderful safety advancement, to be sure, but they are absolutely no substitute for personal responsibility.
I wish this applied more in day-to-day stuff.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: