Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need to Checksum ME7.9.10 Abarth  (Read 8659 times)
stepee

« on: January 22, 2018, 06:27:40 PM »

Hi,

Currently i am working on a customer's Abarth with a ME7.9.10 how can i make the checksum?  I have tried the tool from forum but no success... get an error about file size :/

Hope to get some help, already tried the ECM also without success.

Thanks
gman86

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:33:02 PM »

The ME7 checksum tool is only for the VAG ME7 range of ECUs.
stepee

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 03:26:10 AM »

Yes, unfortunately... Also if there is any way to do it manually i can learn also from it.
Beaviz

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 04:01:36 AM »

What tool do you use for flashing? Does it not support checksum correction?
stepee

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 05:00:11 AM »

I use FG tech from boot not OBD
woj

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 12:16:47 PM »

This seems to be a bit old, nevertheless... I guess fixing the checksum for you for one bin will not help you? I have my own checksum procedure for this that fixes everything (or so I think), but I won't share it. I can fix a bin for you though.

If you only update the calibration data, then most tools should be able to deal with it, MPPS for example. However, a user here reported to me that CMD bricked the ECU after the _UM maps have been changed, these maps are under a separate calculation block. Or so was my interpretation of the information I got from him. I did not get a chance to see if MPPS fixes this one though.

(There are also rare instances of the ME7.9.10 bins that have the calibration block included in one other global checksum, which makes the flashing in data only mode problematic, but solvable. The posted bin is not one of these.).

If you do code changes and need to fix the complete file, then there are one or two (depending on what exactly was changed) more check sums that need attention. In particular, the first flashing block 0-0x1FFF IIRC has one at the end, if that one is not right, the ECU will stop mid flash procedure.

Also, why boot? These ECUs (at least for the calibration data block) flash beautifully over OBD...? Then, on the other hand, if in boot mode, why not try it with your tool, if you brick it, you revive it in boot mode.
prj

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 05:36:33 PM »

Sounds like clone tools for customer car :/
WinOLS will calculate checksum for you. Legit WinOLS with the right plugin of course!

Or is it china tools with hacked OLS? Well, then may God help you.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: