Pages: [1]
Author Topic: .xdf's get corrupted after modifying  (Read 3918 times)
vwaudiguy

« on: May 15, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »

I dealt with this a while back when I still used TunerPro.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6356.0

Unfortunately, I forgot the solution (haven't used TP in years), and the link I posted with the solution is gone. (end of the thread) Sad

Basically once I edit an xdf, the next time I try to open it, says "names must start with an alphabetic character......."

Thanks, gents.

*edit Simply copy/paste-ing the maps from one TP instance into a blank xdf (in another instance) allows it to open correctly. Still interested in fixing the original issue if anyone knows.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 07:04:59 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
SB_GLI

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »

tuner pro's xdf saving is dumb and there's a section that it screws up with any special (german) characters.  I wrote a dirty little program to try to correct the broken xdf files, posted it somewhere on here.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 07:13:08 PM »

tuner pro's xdf saving is dumb and there's a section that it screws up with any special (german) characters.  I wrote a dirty little program to try to correct the broken xdf files, posted it somewhere on here.

Did it work?  Grin

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
SB_GLI

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 11:26:53 AM »

wait, are you saying that the shit I write doesn't work?  hehe.

yes, it work-ish-ed.  If it didn't, it gave you a hint of what to fix in the xml.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: