Pages: [1]
Author Topic: P1136 System too lean - but sane LTFT's?  (Read 4410 times)
Aragorn

« on: May 23, 2016, 11:10:51 AM »

I've recently completed an ME7.5 conversion on my 1.8T AJL motor.

Its running a "base" tune, provided by a tuning company, whom i hope will be tuning the car for me, but this tune was just a basic quick setup done to get the car running and safe. (Injectors dialled in, various deletes to match things my car doesnt have like 2nd O2 etc). The guy is currently uncontactable, so i'm hoping for some pointers.

The car drives fine, with the exception of instant limp-mode if you apply full throttle. I believe thats an issue with the calibration of the WGDC tables due to the 12psi actuator (theres a massive boost spike then it drops into limp with a overboost code), and will hopefully be solved when the car is tuned.

However driving it around i'm finding its popping a P1136 "system too lean (Add)" fault code:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yj8y4upjkow391/2016-05-23%2018_14_21-Clipboard.png?dl=0

I've checked the LTFT's and its thus:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yj8y4upjkow391/2016-05-23%2018_14_21-Clipboard.png?dl=0

I dont think the car has a leak, the old M3.8 didnt have any fault codes.

What i'm puzzled about is the LTFT's look to be within a normal range, so whys it popping a "too lean" fualt code? I thaught that only happened when it reached the 25% limit.

Thoughts?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 11:20:01 AM »

What i'm puzzled about is the LTFT's look to be within a normal range, so whys it popping a "too lean" fualt code? I thaught that only happened when it reached the 25% limit.

STFTs will trigger those conditions in wideband cars.

You have a boost leak.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Aragorn

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 02:46:50 PM »

Will check for leaks. Clearly if its a mechanical issue it needs sorted before it goes for tuning!

I was wondering if it could have been caused by the injectors not being setup properly? TVUB or similar?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 03:24:33 PM »

Will check for leaks. Clearly if its a mechanical issue it needs sorted before it goes for tuning!

I was wondering if it could have been caused by the injectors not being setup properly? TVUB or similar?

Yes. I was assuming the tune is fine.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ktm733

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 04:20:13 PM »

Intake manifold leak, check injector seats. Pretty confident that's the reason.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: