Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2 bricks  (Read 3747 times)
b4A4nowA6

« on: May 25, 2016, 01:46:17 PM »

Hello everyone I will try to make this short and sweet.

I have bricked an ecu once or twice before in my time messing with my a6 Me7.1.1 551r file and I have always been able to recover it eventually with bootmode via OBD.  Problem that I am having now is that I was trying out a new tune I wrote and when I went to start it up, the Throttle Body flap was opening and shutting pretty loud and continuous. Turned the car on and it ran as if the throttle was still opening and closing.
Tried to rewrite my original file but could not connect to ecu for some reason.

I had a spare ecu laying around and just threw that in. Started up just fine. Wrote a different file on there and WHAM.. Same thing happened.   So I have tried bootmode a billion times and I can not get Galletto1260 Or MPPS to connect. Galletto just freezes up and doesn't respond when trying to connect tthe ecu and MPPS cannot find the ECU.
So I made a bench harness and tried following everything to a T to do it via bench flashing and I still have Zero luck.
Can ANYONE offer some help with this please? I am down to buying another ECU  but that would still leave me with 2 bricks and I know there has to be something that should work.  Thanks in Advance Guys!

aef

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 12:07:15 AM »

Does MPPS see it on the bench?
Does MPPS see it on the bench in bootmode?
What real voltage (measured) do you have on the bench? MPPS shows odd numbers in the software.
b4A4nowA6

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 11:27:50 AM »

Does MPPS see it on the bench?
Does MPPS see it on the bench in bootmode?
What real voltage (measured) do you have on the bench? MPPS shows odd numbers in the software.
I can't see anything on the bench with maps. Voltage has varied between 12.48 thru 13.4 depending on winch time I tried.   I will try again with maps in boot recovery mode.    One thing, if I remember correctly, when I used to get into boot mode I would get an audible beep . I only heard that once in 20 times trying this go around.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: