Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can't get any of these utilities to log  (Read 5269 times)
VAP0RTRA1L

« on: June 01, 2016, 05:01:32 AM »

Hey guys (and maybe gals, not sure if any exist here), I'm having trouble with logging my ecu. I have a VW AWW 06A 906 032 DL and I've tried (what I feel like is) everything. I've attempted to connect and log with Nefmoto, which I can get to connect but for some reason the program loses connection every time I start to record a log. Next I've tried Visual ME7Logger using the video "How to Log For Dummies" figuring it would be "dummy" proof.  Roll Eyes

I have downloaded what I thought would be my stock ecu from here: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=463.0 and there is either no file inside the .rar or I am doing something wrong. Can anyone assist a true dummy on how to get all this software up and running? I have read so much stuff that I can't help but to want to get into this stuff but I just can't get this locked down.

I'm having trouble with my files also, where/how to pull my ecu data, where to put that file so I can properly log, logging, etc.. The information provided between here, S4 WIKI, YouTube, and Audiworld is such a vast land of jumbled information that I'm trying to piece together that I'm having trouble with what I consider "the basics". Then again, maybe this is the hard part, I dunno...
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:55:01 AM »

I've used ME7Logger on this ecu, and it works, but you sometimes need to pull the instrument cluster fuse to get it to connect, and stay connected. I've also had different results using different cables (using the same software settings) between the ME7 mk4's, so I think there's something going on with chipsets and driver's as well. Not sure if anyone uses Nef for logging, stick with trying to get ME7Logger to work. It might help if you asked one or two specific questions, rather than a lot in a single post.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
VAP0RTRA1L

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 12:37:08 PM »

Well stated. I think I'm trying to accomplish this stuff in a short amount of time as opposed to trying different things. I get frustrated easily when something doesn't work as planned Roll Eyes

I will try the cluster fuse removal to see if I get anywhere with that. Now it's back to the drawing board to try to get my files all in order as that is another one of my main stumbling blocks.

Thanks for the info!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 01:27:05 PM »

Patience! Those ECUs can be very finicky; you might try to lower baudrate etc. as well.

The only 100% solution seems to be to wire a dedicated kline for logging.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
VAP0RTRA1L

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 09:15:43 AM »

Nyet, I'm not quite sure I follow. Are you saying that my cheap eBay cable may be inadequate? I have an MPPS and Motoza cable (previous car), which I have not tried yet. Is this a simple cable issue or is this something that I'm going to need to build, referring to your "dedicated k-line" wire?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 09:24:54 AM by VAP0RTRA1L » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 09:29:26 AM »

Unfortunately, I can't say.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
VAP0RTRA1L

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 12:59:51 PM »

So, Mr. Secretive, how would one go about finding out?

J/K, seriously though do you have any suggestions?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 01:05:12 PM »

Smiley

Try other baudrates, try other cables, try pulling cluster fuse, try pulling cluster, try dedicated k-line.

Sorry I don't have a definitive answer for you; some ECUs are simply picky, and some cables are poop.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: