Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26
Author Topic: ME7.9.10 - Understanding the torque model  (Read 180763 times)
woj

« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2018, 02:14:02 PM »

98C0A
998A8
9BBBC
9bbE2
9bf9a
9C05A

This is just from a quick look at my definitions for this bin, it can be wrong:

CWARGANG
DZWETA
TFWDKPSPV
ZKPSFIL
TVUB
WFRL

I did not check the rest of your work, so no guarantees there either.
arada

« Reply #256 on: August 01, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »

First of all I congratulate for what I have written so far, which was a great help to understand the operation of this ecu, I put to use what I learned.
I ask Woj saw the great work done, if you could implement the on the lc nls on file that place, I'm not an expert programmer so I have to give up, as I saw I should understand the operation of Zwgru, dmd_loc, cwkr and szout find them in my bin and change the addresses with new calls. Here I arrive and I stop
woj

« Reply #257 on: August 01, 2018, 10:41:07 AM »

After testing that's no longer for free, PM me for details, but I am currently away from my "office" so don't expect quick answers, sorry.

I'd also suggest trying google translate in parallel for everyone's benefit Wink
Assoor

« Reply #258 on: August 01, 2018, 11:04:01 AM »

so what fueling strategies on those ECU. if i want to add fuel (larger turbo,Lrager injectors... etc). i see people make the EGT map trigger all the time and tune the KFLBTS for more fuel. is there any other way to demand more fuel ?
woj

« Reply #259 on: August 01, 2018, 11:53:18 AM »

Larger injectors -> KRKTE/TVUB. Otherwise, the fueling (actual fueling, not load calculation) is the same as in other MEs described on S4 wiki. If it does not kick in soon enough then moding EGT thresholds is stupid IMO, use LAMFA and its delay and filter (the latter being wrongly defined in the ols, it has nothing to do with time). Otherwise this ECU is already overfueled as is (not on LAMFA, hence the statement above), not really sure under which condtions you may want more fuel in KFLBTS if the load calculation is right. Increased load range is of course a different story...
Assoor

« Reply #260 on: August 01, 2018, 11:35:32 PM »

Thanks for this info. i have this ecu which was pain to define all maps. i did all the changes necessary. but when i try to write from OBD (KESS) it trigger error and car wont start. i tried even from ktag. same story.
i used ECM to checksum the file. i read in on of the topics you replied that some bin from ME7.9.10 have problem in checksum. can you see if mine one of them?
woj

« Reply #261 on: August 02, 2018, 11:07:38 AM »

What error? I suspect you modded the UM or UC maps, these have separate checksum and others reported to me some software has issues with it. Certainly (hacked?) ECM is not the most trustworthy here. Can't check your file for some weeks still, my laptop is not with me.
Assoor

« Reply #262 on: August 02, 2018, 11:27:20 AM »

should i leave _UM and _UC without changing ? , what they are for anyway. please check them when you have a chance
woj

« Reply #263 on: August 02, 2018, 01:01:49 PM »

IIRC most (all?) non factory tunes I have seen leave them untouched. One set is for test mode, that is probably safe to assume to be inactive during normal operation, the other one are monitoring maps, which by the looks of it (had no time to check this in detail, will one day) is also disabled on this ECU.
NBR

« Reply #264 on: August 02, 2018, 05:42:46 PM »

I made the mistake of modifying either the UC or UM maps which caused the car to not start and it needed a Boot mode flash after that cos my CMD tool probably didn't correct that checksum properly and then it couldn't recover the ECU over OBD.

So yeah, fun and games with this ECU
woj

« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2018, 02:06:14 AM »

For me it would not be "this ECU", but rather tools that seem to deproritise certain ECUs / brands. Bosch on an Italian car often seems to be a weird mix.

Anyhow, this checksum block is really no brainer, totally beats me why tools cannot deal with it...
Assoor

« Reply #266 on: August 06, 2018, 01:19:20 AM »

ok now i made some changes to the maps but i have no luck to raise boost nor desired engine torque

i copied the KFMIRL and KFMIOP from the esse esse file as a start.
changed the following
KFTVLDST
KFLDBHN
KFLBTS
LAMFA
KRKTE for bigger injectros
KFMDBGRK
MDMAXNMOB
MDMAXNMOT
KFPZU
KLMIMAX
KFPED
KFWDKMSNVP

now as soon as the car hit 1 bar of boost the throttle close to 39% and i cant figured out

woj

« Reply #267 on: August 06, 2018, 02:52:49 AM »

ok now i made some changes to the maps but i have no luck to raise boost nor desired engine torque

i copied the KFMIRL and KFMIOP from the esse esse file as a start.
changed the following
KFTVLDST
KFLDBHN
KFLBTS
LAMFA
KRKTE for bigger injectros
KFMDBGRK
MDMAXNMOB
MDMAXNMOT
KFPZU
KLMIMAX
KFPED
KFWDKMSNVP

now as soon as the car hit 1 bar of boost the throttle close to 39% and i cant figured out

By far not enough info, but let us start with the obvious.

Your base ECU is 120 hp one? If so, do not copy KFMIOP / KFMIRL from anywhere, more than just these two is needed. The 120 hp set should be good for upto 200% RL / 1.3 boost, start with that. The only thing you could do is to extend the KFMIOP range to 200 RL in the last column (keeping it in sync with KFMIRL). Also try to search for prj''s comments about touching these maps below 100% in other threads.

KFTVLDST - this is the one with PED & RPM? Then it does not do anything in the default CW configuration.

KFPED - leave stock until you sort out the rest. In general do things in small steps (you could have left injectors stock for mild boost tuning for example).

KFWDKMSNVP - do not touch! The only thing possibly to do is to copy it from 150hp / SS bin (they are identical in both IIRC) together with its inverse. But there I think its mostly changed for cosmetics so that they cover the whole theoretical operation range of the engine. But I could be wrong of course.

Otherwise - turbo / wg stock? If not there are more things to tune I am afraid. The throttle cuts in most likely because of the drift of actual load from requested. And you need to take care of WG cracking pressure and all.

woj

« Reply #268 on: August 28, 2018, 12:04:56 PM »

If there is a good soul that would have an EEPROM image for ME7.9.10 version that has 2K EEPROM chip (for example Abarth/Essesse), I would appreciate it, I need it for research. Does not have to be decoded or anything, just a dump from any 2K EEPROM ECU.
teobolo

« Reply #269 on: August 30, 2018, 05:15:34 AM »

here are some eeprom dumps from Alfa Mito & Punto Abarth ,  i have more if you need tell me
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: