Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
Author Topic: ME7.9.10 - Understanding the torque model  (Read 180539 times)
IamwhoIam

« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2017, 07:27:25 AM »

Well, I have a DAMOS for a 2008 1.4 T-Jet Turbo ME7.9.1

Maybe this is what you're looking for.

Everyone and their cousin has those nowadays Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
mister t

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2017, 10:10:50 PM »

Everyone and their cousin has those nowadays Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Lol, maybe, but does he? Wink
woj

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2017, 12:24:34 AM »

He does, but thanks again for posting this, there might still be people without it. I guess it is also a common knowledge now that this map pack has mistakes / misalignments, especially for some NMAX tables. 
slickkon

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2017, 04:32:37 AM »

Hi all,

I need some help locating the KRKTE maps on this ECU.. I have not been able to find it using the alfa mito damos..

All help is very much appreciated!  Smiley
woj

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2017, 11:28:37 AM »

This question has been answered by me through pm, I will post it here once its accuracy is verified.

But I have a different one. I was looking for the clock speed of this ECU. The scribling on what I believe is the crystal says 4000 followed by something hardly visible. Would indeed 40 MHz be right?
slickkon

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2017, 07:21:13 PM »

Hi WOJ,
Thank you for your PM. As mentioned I will try it out and report back. In the meantime, if any other kind soul is able to help please do chip in. For info, my ori file is in the following link http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=12462.0;attach=22516

Much thanks!
woj

« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2017, 12:23:59 PM »

So, the address of KRKTE for the above mentioned bin is 0xA49AE, if anybody else wants to know.
slickkon

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2017, 09:34:38 AM »

Hi All,

Wanted to get some input as to going about tuning for a bigger turbo for my car. (TD04L)

Just slapped it on 2 days ago and havent gotten around to tuning it yet, but it lags pretty bad, and the pull aint that great even after 3k rpm. Could it be I'm not requesting enough load on KFMIRL? 99% Limit is 240 at the moment, and it's the 100% value in KFMIOP. and used the ME7 tuning wizard to get the kfmiop off that. Even having my MDMAXMNOT is in the 90%s after 3k rpm with gradual increase to max, my turbo doesnt seem to want to go anything over 0.9-1bar. With the same map, my VL36 goes berserk, peaks at 1.5bar with very aggressive pickup, launches and 4th gear pulls.

I have checked for boost leaks, inspected the TD04 before install, all seems good. Just stuck at this moment.. maybe increase the n75 duty cycle? KFTVLDST? (ATVLDSTD module)

Understand that bigger turbos act differently, but it should also hit 1.5bar yes? (just with more lag)

Driving a 1.4L Fiat Bravo T-Jet. just for info..

Appreciate all input..

Kindest regards!
woj

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2017, 02:11:25 PM »

most of the maps in this line up with the turbo variants, so while not being a straight shot, it will be helpful.

psrs_w=requested manifold pressure, psr_w=actual manifold pressure. Depending on the boost control algorithm, they might come into play for pvds_w

Yes, I know it is an old post. Not yet logged on the running engine, but stationary psrs_w (if I found the right var) with 5120hPa conversion for desired load 38% is around 490hPa. This does sound right to me, doesn't it? If so, then the psrs_w operates on the 5120hPa range and nothing to worry about here in terms of range.
woj

« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2017, 03:29:08 AM »

Injectors duty cycle limitation question - in the APCM module ("PWM drive for demand-controlled fuel supply system") I find parameter called TAPCMMX - "Maximum permissible duty PWM". Would that be something limiting injectors duty cycle? The default factory value is at 86%.
woj

« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2017, 01:04:46 PM »

OK, I think I can answer my own question - there is no (looking at FR of ME7.1 and code of ME7.9.10) DC limiter for injectors (apart from minimum injection time), however, there might be a torque limiter that deploys when the injection is to become continuous / overlapping. Might -> it is described in ME7.1, but I do not really see it in the code of ME7.9.10, but I do see checking for continuous injection and a possible (not happening because of disabled CWREGDS) injection time adaptation.

Correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT: It is not injection time adaptation, it is used (when CWREGDS on) to cap relative load to avoid continuous injection. And it now makes more or less perfect sense.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 01:20:10 PM by woj » Logged
NBR

« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2017, 01:15:48 PM »

So I've also been playing around with a friends Fiat 500 Abarth Esseesse, who was kind enough to let me use his car as a test mule for tuning. I've come across the same problem with boost not increasing.

So far I've tried changing :
KFMIRL
KFMIOP
MDMAXNMOT
MDMAXNMOB
KLMIMAX
The pressure limiters woj pointed out (the 2 8x1 maps, that I clumped into a 8x2 map)
MDGAT which i think I might have defined wrong, it might be at A5E7C?

There's a bunch of other torque maps that I don't think need editing, but i may be wrong.

I've attached the stock, edited and Tunerpro definition file for you guys, maybe you can point me in the right direction so we can finally understand this ecu

woj

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2017, 05:29:11 AM »

It would also help if you told us what limits and/or problems you hit, and what are you after more precisely Wink
NBR

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2018, 06:43:48 AM »

It would also help if you told us what limits and/or problems you hit, and what are you after more precisely Wink

I'm after more boost, but I understand there's a serious lack of information from my post. I was just posting to check if anyone would point out some maps I might have missed that will limit torque/boost. I will get the right tools for logging and then report back with more information on what the car is doing from logs. Logging with VCDS doesn't give me anywhere near enough info
woj

« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2018, 01:27:41 PM »

OK, so to get this going, let me throw some names for now. Some of these are obvious, yet they would limit boost, some of them are not to be found in the Alfa t-jet map pack (while some of them, in one form or the other (for example 2d vs 1d, are in the bin). When I find some more time I will post the addresses of these in another abarth bin, for now you can start playing to see if you can find them / match from the Alfa map pack. Also, some of these names are my own invention due to lack of documentation and not being that verse in Bosch vocabulary.

Pressure scalars:

PSRMX
PSREMX
PVDMX
PVDEMX
PVDXABS

From the BGHATLSTS module, someone here before claimed these are responsible for limiting requested boost, I cannot see how in the code and I am 80% convinced they don't (they do influence boost control though), still I would hold on to that claim as that person did tune this ECU, and I did not:

ETATUR
KFETAVD
KFOFLVDSNG
KFVPNVRPVV - not sure what this one does exactly, but it is compression related and converts one compression factor to another in connection with the three previous

Load limitation:

KFRLMXHO  - Load limitation based on air density
KFRLXTSRN - Load limitation based on IAT
KFRLMXLPH - Load limitation for some sort of limp home mode (should not be needed on a healthy setup)
VVTVATU - Turbo compression ratio to limit discharge temperature (this is not the same as KFLDBHN, BTW, the two rows are "moving" & "standstill" in KFLDBHN).

Torque:

KLDMMX - max delta torque, does not limit the absolute torque, but the change rate, might temporarily cap the max torque I guess.

You have also KFPZU in your definition, this and other maps like this probably need changing if they are lower than your MDMAXNM* limiters. 

Then there are the throttle opening related maps, someone said somewhere that these probably do not need touching (but if they are, the two should be inverses of each other), nevertheless, they define the 95% load throttle threshold in other setups defined in the WDKUGDN map, and these two are substantially different between the 120 hp and 150+ versions of this ECU.

KFMSNWDKVP
KFWDKMSNVP

Then there are the _UM maps, but these should be obvious, the _UC maps I believe can be left alone.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26
  Print  

Jump to: