Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: **B7 S4-T Timing Issues**  (Read 36089 times)
Gonzo

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2016, 04:08:17 PM »

For reference, this is how FKKVS looks on those previous files (which I had nothing to do)

A pro map  Tongue

I'm fixing things as I go but that timing intervention is quite annoying.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:15:17 PM by Gonzo » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2016, 04:22:55 PM »

SMH

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
q_dubz

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2016, 04:50:24 PM »

Do take note this was written when the car was with a returnless fuel system.
q_dubz

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2016, 08:48:21 PM »

This log was taken on the way to a restaurant after a fresh flash and approx 7mile drive so the car was warmed up.

have a look, timing pull is all normal. no intervention. She feels great...
q_dubz

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2016, 08:50:08 PM »

And this log was taken about 45mins later after eating. No changes other than a full belly.

WTF IS CAUSING THIS!? Clearly something is activating/triggering intervention.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 10:25:16 PM »

Can you get a log where you are actually WOT for the whole run?

Its almost impossible to tell what is going on with you feathering the throttle through the run.

Literally EVERY one of your runs has a different throttle position, and a different start/stop rpm, making it impossible to compare apples to apples. It's driving me insane Tongue

Pick a consistent thing you are trying to log, and STICK TO IT
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:32:08 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
q_dubz

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2016, 04:07:24 AM »

Can you get a log where you are actually WOT for the whole run?

Its almost impossible to tell what is going on with you feathering the throttle through the run.

Literally EVERY one of your runs has a different throttle position, and a different start/stop rpm, making it impossible to compare apples to apples. It's driving me insane Tongue

Pick a consistent thing you are trying to log, and STICK TO IT
that's because it's not WOT I'm worried about. It's the fact I'm pulling timing at IDLE, PART THROTTLE, THROTTLE TIP-IN, AND DECEL.

If you look at the last log, when it starts, the ecu is pulling timing at idle. I rev the engine and the timing pull stops and stays at zero. I get moving and it comes back. Maybe that's a clue?

WOT has been consistent with every other run I've logged in the past where it pulls a degree or two up top. The only difference is when this lower load timing intervention occurs it results in a couple degrees less timing up top which is aggravating but AGAIN it's not WOT I'm focused on in this thread.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:26:08 AM by q_dubz » Logged
q_dubz

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2016, 04:20:34 AM »

Delete.
mister t

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2016, 08:27:04 AM »

the OP is crazy, there is no damos. Bosch of course never created one. yours is the only one, ever.

You know it's kinfa funny, after spending so many hundreds (if not thousands) of hours making my own DAMOS. I almost don't want there to be a DAMOS for that file lol. It would seem awfully anticlimactic to see my work made obsolete.

Then again, it would be kinda cool to compare the two and see how close I was.

Odd that there were never any DAMOS files released for that engine though. Although it's a low volume production unit, it's not THAT rare. Hell, there are 2-3 different DAMOS files for the W12 engines, which are far more rare.

OP, you may want to ask your tuner where he got his 4.2V8 DAMOS, it may look awfully familiar lol [Wink]
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2016, 10:09:15 AM »

that's because it's not WOT I'm worried about. It's the fact I'm pulling timing at IDLE, PART THROTTLE, THROTTLE TIP-IN, AND DECEL.

If you look at the last log, when it starts, the ecu is pulling timing at idle. I rev the engine and the timing pull stops and stays at zero. I get moving and it comes back. Maybe that's a clue?

WOT has been consistent with every other run I've logged in the past where it pulls a degree or two up top. The only difference is when this lower load timing intervention occurs it results in a couple degrees less timing up top which is aggravating but AGAIN it's not WOT I'm focused on in this thread.

That looks like it is torque intervention doing exactly what it is supposed to; limit torque part throttle - but without a consistent methodology pull to pull (the EXACT same pedal position) you're going to have problems.

Every single log you have there is with throttle at a different position, so the torque limiter is acting differently, making it very hard to diagnose where to start.

And you're going to have to log the ENTIRE torque limiter path if you want to "fix" this problem, since it seems to happen past the area where a NA motor would be.

This is a gigantic problem when adding FI to a NA file. Unless you can literally log everything, and you have the entire torque path disassembled, you aren't going to get anywhere.

ECUx Plot

q_dubz

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2016, 11:22:46 AM »

Yes, you're right. All that advice is fine and dandy but i'm still looking for someone to lend a hand. I'm not an engineer. I'm not a computer programmer. I'm just a customer reading and learning and i have a car that someone else is tuning.

Would you like to take a stab at disassembling the torque path so those variables i need to log the ENTIRE limiter path can be located?
dream3R

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2016, 04:15:07 PM »

Lol,

Take a stab?  I takes hours to understand wtf the code is doing.

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2016, 04:28:25 PM »

Lol,

Take a stab?  I takes hours to understand wtf the code is doing.

Exactly. NA->FI is NOT something you're going to be able to DIY, even with help in this forum, unless you are really very very good at everything, not just tuning and cars, but programming, disassembly, assembly, etc.

The list is pretty long..

You should not have gotten into a NA->FI project w/o more due diligence.

ECUx Plot

dream3R

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2016, 04:35:35 PM »

Agreed it needs someone with a fair bit of time and skilled at all that or for the OP to learn it, like I did (cya in a yea or so).

MAF diag springs to mind, load limiters eveywhere, ATR will be low, cat stuff will be low, timing maps will be off, injectors, blah blah..

Raise you're lower lambda limit as a quick fix, you not getting smoke at that afr? lol.

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
q_dubz

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2016, 04:53:29 PM »

Alright, i get it! LOL...poor choice of words Grin

Fueling was cleaned up last night. FKKVS needed a "haircut".

Anyway...well damn. This might take a while.

Guess i can at least start with logging. Here's what i have available to me currently:

;mifa_w; {}; {indexed engine torque driver command}
;mifab_w; {}; {Limited indexed Driver input torque}
;miges_w; {}; {Indexed desired engine torque for transmission protection}
;migs_w; {}; {Indexed desired engine torque for rapid intervention GS}
;miist_w; {}; {indexed engine torque high-pressure phase value}
;misol_w; {}; {Indexed resultant desired torque}
;misopl1_w; {}; {Solluftmoment, calculated back to lambda = 1 and zwopt}
;miszul_w; {}; {Maximum permissible indicated torque}
;mrfa_w; {DriverRequestedRelTorque}; {Relative driver's desired torque of FGR and pedal}

;B_mibeg; {}; {Condition} torque limitation is active
;B_krldy; {}; {Condition load dynamics for knock detection active}
;B_fev9; {}; {Condition long load exceeding rl over max value}
;B_fev10; {}; {Condition short load exceeding rl over max value}

;rl; {} engine load; {} relative air charge
;rl_w; {} engine load; {relative air charge (Word)}
;rlsol_w; {EngineLoadRequested}; {Target} filling
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: