Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 06A906032LP Flashing problems?  (Read 5715 times)
dubdaze

« on: June 12, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »

I started using nefmoto for my 1st time last night.
I had APR stage 2. But wanted to learn to do things myself. Car was perfect on apr stage 2. (4) bar fpr.

For some reason every tune I flash to it. After a short drive of boosting fine it hits lip mode and gets the pressure drop between turbo/throttle.

Car runs awesome before that. Can post logs later
atdub

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:20:02 PM »

What did u flash it with? Are you pulling any codes that could be possibly throwing you into limp? I've been using a spare ecu to do all of my editing and flashing on, that way I'll have a working box to come to my rescue on the roadway if something goes wrong.

If u didn't know about this alrdy always me7check and sums anything before flashing. Lol in my case I check, sums, check, sums, check, check, check than flash
Carsinc

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 08:53:49 PM »

Hey hows it going, great to meet you... oh wait this is not thread cause that thread does not exist.

Ok so you flashed a bunch of files? Like a bunch of stock files?
Did you make a full back up of the APR tune eprom and eeprom?
Which tunes were you flashing? Why if apr was working great did flash other files?

If your really trying to learn use a stock file and work your way though a tune.

If what you really want is antilag, there is a very good starting point on here which a member named Adam made
it has antilag and is a decent stage1 there is room for improvement and it would be a good starting point to
make it 4bar.

Also use a different eeprom i'd say one of immo off ones i'm guessing that's were your problem is.
dubdaze

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 09:48:24 PM »

I was using Adam's tune from the rate my logs section.

I tried to flashlight back to stock, but now I'm getting checksum error fault and car will not start. Unhook battery for 15 minutes and ecu will communicate. Tried to flash back to Adam's tune. Tune flashes successful but still checksum error is present in ecm.
dubdaze

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 07:43:34 AM »

Update.

To fix the checksum error in ecm, im going to build a bench flash harness, Use Argdubs EEPROM programer tool, and change 33 to 00 to fix the death code.

does that sound about right?
Carsinc

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 09:54:04 PM »

Its sounds like you are on the correct path, I'm not sure it will be as easy as just getting rid of the death code.
A lot of the big tuners change a lot on the eeprom it may be easier to start with a different/virgin eeprom.

Until you read it there is no way to know.
atdub

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 03:52:20 PM »

+1 for bench flashing even tho it gets kind of annoying when u have to run back and forth between ur car and bench whenever u have to edit. If u keep a small 10mm for your batt and a 8mm for your umbrella handy it should be a breeze.
dubdaze

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 12:22:20 PM »

I'm building the bench flash harness tonight.  Bought a 3amp 12v power supplyou, 12v on/off switch.

For future reference what is a good way to prevent the checksum error. I really don't want to bench flash the ecm everytime I make a change get to the tune?
atdub

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 01:14:50 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=447.0
dubdaze

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 10:06:36 PM »

I just want to update this post. The pressure drop fault/limp mode was a faulty PCV valve (same day I swapped ecms) the pcv valve went bad.

Me not knowing much I bricked my ecm because it did not use a checksum checker/corrector.

3 days later after never using nefmoto or doing any other kind of ecm work I successfully built my bench flash setup, read the 95040 eeprom, defeated the immobilizer and fixed the checksum error death code that cause my car to not start. Never in a million years would I thought I would learn this much this fast. But after only getting a few restless nights of reading every thread on the forum I gathered enough information to do it myself.

Now I have a immo defeated, with a stage 2 tune from this site.

Learned so much since the 1st day I bricked my ecm.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: