Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Throttle body sensor codes, limp mode with a dead pedal?  (Read 7590 times)
Swakefield

« on: May 14, 2021, 09:10:22 AM »

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HELP

17579 - Angle Sensor 2 for Throttle Actuator (G188) Implausible Signal

My b6 a4 the other day refused to start after work. It would fire up and then die. After checking it had 3 codes. Cleared them, started it, and it idled like shit but was fine. Repeated the process a couple times and then it was totally normal. They were codes for both throttle angle sensors.

But now, driving the car, it will randomly have EPC and another light (can't remember) turn on, and it ignores all gas pedal input and I have to pull over. This code comes up and once I clear it and start the car, it will drive totally fine, sometimes for 2 or 3 drive cycles before it happens again, sometimes it'll happen 2 minutes later.

I got a used throttle body, cleaned the valve thoroughly and then ran a throttle body adaptation with vcds. I've ran the adaptation multiple times but the issue persists. After running the adaptation yesterday and then driving it about 2 hours last night and then 45 minutes this morning, it started happening again, about 4 times in 15 minutes.

I found some info online and checked continuity and resistances on the wiring between the TB and the ECU and it all came up fine, nothing over .4 ohms.

2002 Audi A4 B6 Avant 1.8t 5 Speed Quattro - Upgraded DV, Full Catless Exhaust, Chinese K04-015, Silicone TIP, Coilover Suspension, 630CC Bosch Injectors, Coolerworx Shifter Assembly
justinvw2646

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 01:01:22 PM »

Given that it isn’t a problem 100% of the time resistance checks will only show something amiss if the wiring problem is happening at the moment you check it. Get a good look at the terminal ends in the connector for the throttle body. Make sure they havent widened too much. This could cause the sporatic faults. If they look Ok let the car idle and wiggle test the harness starting at the throttle body working your way towards the ECM. While doing this keep refreshing the DTC listing with VCDS. Also I do not have access to Audi wiring diagrams, but if you do it may be worth looking to see if there are any splices in the harness for any of the wires to the throttle body. 9 times out of 10 if it isn’t a component failure its pin fitment or a splice that is no longer doing its thing properly.
dream20s

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 09:10:11 AM »

i got this same issue...find the answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 10:35:43 AM »

i got this same issue...find the answer?

Thats could be result of second o2 sensor shortage
It burns ecu grounds sharing second o2, power steering sensor and throttle pedal so check groundings on pedal harness first
Blazius

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2023, 02:28:20 PM »

Be aware if you get it with error code for sensor 1 too, its just simply a dead TB/wiring, recently had to replace mine too after having intermittent EPC light.
dream20s

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 08:38:10 AM »

Blazius

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 09:56:54 AM »

So you have 2 codes for the pedal and 2 codes for the TB. Pedal failure is very rare.

First thing is to verify the o2 sensors as said many times, they share common wiring and if its dead or similar it can result in this error.
dream20s

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2023, 10:19:47 PM »

have an idea of which wires they share?

_nameless

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 06:13:33 AM »

have an idea of which wires they share?

It's burnt up traces on the ECU, buy a new one it's fucked. You will not be able to fix it.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: