Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Engine stall/Jerks at lower rpms when WOT.  (Read 25274 times)
prj

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2016, 06:20:32 PM »

It's not.
It is. Most engines produced these days have heads with more than 2 valves.
Says fuck all about the injector - it is pure marketing technobabble that means absolutely nothing.

You have two options:
a) You can find an injector with exactly the right spray pattern
b) You can find an injector with as wide cone as possible. Meaning delta and gamma angles being straight and alpha being at least 30 degrees.

After that you obviously will have to recalculate the wall film calculations. Instead of dumping a ton into kfbakl and kfvakl simply ajust WFRL so your transients work properly.

Also, Siemens Deka are very crappy injectors. They are imprecise at low pulsewidths and they drop precision at low pulsewidth over time.
The only reason people use them is because they are cheap. EV14 is where it is at.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2016, 09:27:59 PM »

Instead of dumping a ton into kfbakl and kfvakl simply ajust WFRL so your transients work properly.

Could you expand a bit on how to properly tune WFRL? I read and digested what I could from the FR, but was looking for a more basic explanation. I could also start another thread about the topic..

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
prj

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2016, 10:16:45 AM »

Log RLP and actual AFR, then mash the throttle in different amounts at different rpm's to go through the range more or less. See how AFR responds just after you mashed the throttle. If it is lean at a certain RLP, increase he values, if it is rich, decrease. If when mashing the throttle AFR follows requested, you've nailed it.
It's very straightforward.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2016, 10:20:48 AM »

Perfect, thanks!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
q_dubz

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2016, 09:39:07 PM »

EDIT: I assume you're using Porsche 997tt 630s with long neck?

You would be CORRECT Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: