Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45
Author Topic: MED9.1 Tuning/FAQ/Help Thread  (Read 311670 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #420 on: October 28, 2013, 05:38:15 PM »

That's exactly what I experienced, full speed fans and strange ECU ID but I could write a known working file to the ECU with no issue.

By FULL read I assume you mean BDM?

Yes, full flash. Chances are you won't corrupt the eeprom, so as long as you have the immo information stored at 6C00, you should be good to recover via BDM if it comes down to it.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
n0ble

« Reply #421 on: October 29, 2013, 01:07:28 AM »

Thanks all again for your information.

So if I can see data at 6c00, even though I read over obd then I have a full file?

Or will I still be missing part of e2 and processor data?

Either way I guess the IMMO data is the most important should anything bad happen?
ddillenger

« Reply #422 on: October 29, 2013, 01:23:03 AM »

You won't get the e2p without BDM.

If 6C00 contains FF's, you only got the calibration data. If it has actual data, you can always recover with a BDM if necessary. It's wise to get a full BDM backup so you have the e2p as well, but probably not needed for most standard recoveries.

In short, getting the flash portion of the immobilizer data is usually good enough.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
n0ble

« Reply #423 on: October 29, 2013, 01:48:58 AM »

You won't get the e2p without BDM.

If 6C00 contains FF's, you only got the calibration data. If it has actual data, you can always recover with a BDM if necessary. It's wise to get a full BDM backup so you have the e2p as well, but probably not needed for most standard recoveries.

In short, getting the flash portion of the immobilizer data is usually good enough.

Ok cool thanks Smiley

Definitely data present at 6C00 it's not white space.

I did do a BDM but I used a cheap Chinese pogo pin jig which has the incorrect pin configuration for med as 2 of the pins are not connected that are required for med. So I could only grab main data area and e2p but could not grab the processor data.

I guess I could just solder to it to get 100% safe by also grabbing the processor data.
technic

« Reply #424 on: October 29, 2013, 02:35:34 AM »

If you can read one memory, you can read all. Processor data is in flash. It has nothing to do with your pins on the BDM.
terminator

« Reply #425 on: October 29, 2013, 05:16:55 AM »

But what about Virtual eeprom?  Is it safety to write old eeprom in that case? Here is the link about it:

http://www.evc.de/en/service/q1608.asp

I have never had a problem with MED9/17 (thanks God  Smiley ), but I had a little problem with ME7. It was DTC "Programming wasnt complete" or smth like that after READING!!! Then I wrote the file in boot and nothing changed. Then I wrote via OBD and the engine started.

I'm just interesting does MED9 has the same problem if smth goes wrong via OBD?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 05:19:19 AM by terminator » Logged
automan001

« Reply #426 on: October 29, 2013, 03:45:03 PM »

How to disassemble the ME9.1 firmware in IDA, any ideas? This might help to locate tables/define variables. Is there plugin supporting the CPU? It is MPC562 from MPC500 family as far as I know.
n0ble

« Reply #427 on: October 30, 2013, 06:52:28 AM »

How to disassemble the ME9.1 firmware in IDA, any ideas? This might help to locate tables/define variables. Is there plugin supporting the CPU? It is MPC562 from MPC500 family as far as I know.

I recommend you read a few more threads on this forum. There are bits of information dotted around.
Beaviz

« Reply #428 on: November 01, 2013, 05:03:41 AM »

Could someone share information on which maps that should be changed when upgrading the HPFP? I have got the maps for the rail pressure defined but needs help with the maps that should be changed to reflect the new piston size?

Any help would be great (also just a hint to the correct page in the FR).
majorahole

« Reply #429 on: November 01, 2013, 11:50:32 AM »

Could someone share information on which maps that should be changed when upgrading the HPFP? I have got the maps for the rail pressure defined but needs help with the maps that should be changed to reflect the new piston size?

Any help would be great (also just a hint to the correct page in the FR).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K6_lc2XVKbdFRKRUFPTEFDaFU/edit?usp=sharing
Beaviz

« Reply #430 on: November 01, 2013, 12:38:15 PM »

Found the page in the FR myself, if anybody else should be looking for that sometime: 1721 and forward.

Is it correct that only VHDP should be changed? If so I would love to know the piston size of an APR pump! Smiley
Beaviz

« Reply #431 on: November 01, 2013, 12:41:46 PM »

Thanks! But I am quite sure that all these maps only have something to do with the pressure and not the calibration for an aftermarket HPFP? Wink
majorahole

« Reply #432 on: November 01, 2013, 12:55:17 PM »

second to last one... Grin
Nottingham

« Reply #433 on: November 07, 2013, 03:26:40 PM »

Does anyone know what causes the engine go limp when cruise control is activated?

Everything else is working perfectly fine, however when cruise is activated the engine will soon enter in limp mode and throw code P1335 (Engine Torque Monitor 2: Control Limit Exceeded).

The cruise is working fine until the load is increased (up hill or increased speed).

KFMIOP/IRL and KFZW maps are rescaled and work fine.
Cruise is the only thing that is not working.

Any maps I am missing completely?

It is a A3 Quattro with manual gearbox (AXX 2.0 TFSI).
oldcarguy85

« Reply #434 on: February 01, 2014, 01:18:05 PM »

hello everyone.  I'm starting to peruse a Golf R file (K0mpressed posted it in originals).  I just bought a Golf R, so i'm starting work on a definition file for it.

I've found LDRXN/LDRXNZK maps, but as discussed in this thread earlier, there are 6 version of each map!  They all contain the same data.  Has anyone discovered what this is for?  It's not gear-by-gear load control, is it?  

I'm sad to say i haven't even hooked VCDS up to the car yet, so i don't know if this is hte same file as my car.  I'm really just in learning stage right now.  This COULD be a DSG file for all i know...

Anyway, just trying to figure out why there are 6 of each.  Also, does LDRXNZK still come after LDRXN in the MED9.1?  The values in the first 6 tables are ever so slightly higher.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45
  Print  

Jump to: