Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1995 audi S6 4A0907551AA fuel/timing chip motronic 2.3.2  (Read 18945 times)
vwnut8392

« on: October 18, 2011, 10:35:06 AM »

i've been toying with a friends 1995 audi S6 avant and decided to dive into the ECU and see whats going on. this is a work in progress but i figured i'd share the defintion i've come up with so far in hopes to get some input and assistance with this definition. any help and or revisions to this would be awesome. i posted the stock BIN file along with the XDF definition i've come up with so far.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 07:01:38 PM by vwnut8392 » Logged
prj

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 01:57:27 AM »

It is M2.3.2, and the 551AA is not from an UrS6, it is from an UrS4, means the ECU was chipped before or swapped if it is in UrS6.

You can't tune this ECU properly without having logging. Unfortunately the built in logging is not good at all (very slow) and the diagnostic logging does not give you the ability to see all the important values.

I had to modify ecu code in ASM, and then write my own driver in C++ to talk to it...

What are you trying to do? Have you got emu? Loggable WBO2 with trace?

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
vwnut8392

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 08:18:11 PM »

the car i have is a 1995 URS6 avant that was bought from the original owner and that guy owned a local audi dealership. this car is completely unmolested in any way and has been dealer serviced its whole entire life. thats odd that the ECU part# goes to an eariler car as every last inch of what has been done to it is documented and came with the car. basically i just want to figure out what maps are what and give the car a little more ass for now and as upgrade performance parts are bought/built for it i would like to be able to keep the state of tune up with the modifications done to the car. i believe that more than half of making power in a bosch ECU powered car is in the computer. i have a moates ostrich2 rom emulator but no way of logging the car. i have already had the ECU out obviously and socketed it and just installed the factory chips back in. i also would like to learn more about the boost chip and create a defintion for it as well too. i do realize that this ECU is actually 2 ECU's in one box, one controls the timing/fuel and the other controls the boost. im sure they reference each other but ultimately run on their own. this car at the moment peaks 15PSI and bleeds off to 12PSI i'd like to see boost numbers around 18 to 20 PSI consistant as i know the K24 can take that. once that gets boring that its on to a K27 and a tubular manifold but my real plan is to drop a 35 or 40R on it and go for broke. that will require standalone which i've come to terms with. anymore input would be awesome. thanks man.
prj

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 02:07:41 AM »

Actually 35R does not require a standalone.
We have gotten 540whp on stock ECU management with upgraded MAF, and I don't see why we can't go further.

If you want just a chip, and you have no way of logging the car, then it is better for you to just get a stage 1 tune.
Your UrS6 is the US version, I guess you never even got any newer code than 551AA.
Here we have 551C and 551E as well.

Anyway, for a stage 1 remap you need to tune fuel, ignition, boost, n75, fuel cut, boost cut.
All in all 6 maps.
Get any chipped file from somewhere and you will find where these things are by comparing them.

I remap these things all the time, my website is here: http://prj-tuning.com.
I am afraid I will not be of much help yet, but I will probably post all the information eventually, because I am moving on to ME7...
I obviously have my own Stage 1 and Stage1+ software, but I guess offering it for sale would not be in the spirit of this forum.

Good luck.

Log your car properly.
vwnut8392

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 07:00:55 PM »

well thanks for the input, i cannot even find an aftermarket tune file for this car anywhere online to even start to compare. i work on figuring out tuning all my cars myself because i like doing it and what people charge just for a chip tune is insane!!!! i sell tunes to people locally for 75.00 to a 100.00. i share my files with the online community because i dont care, i think if you have the want and drive to figure out how to tune your car thats awesome and if you would rather just pay people like us to do it than im cool with that too. i've worked with ME7 and its definately a weird form of motronic how everything changes so much just from year to year or even part number to part number for each ECU.
my main focus has always been digifant 1 from the old corrado's, i currently have an audi 4000 thats 10V turbo swapped but its using the NG 2.3 bottom end and a JT regular cylinder head with an MC intake and turbo manifolds and a K24 from an S6 thats fully functional and runs great on digifant 1. i just recently worked out a fuel and timing cut launch control for it, it makes the car a rocket ship coming off a street light at 7 PSI. lol. oh well though i guess i'll jsut have to dig deeper online and see if i can dig up a tune fine and a boost chip file to compare to. i do have a file from a 200 20v turbo thats from an unknown tuner but its a completely different animal. thanks anyhow for the input.
prj

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 12:20:38 AM »

200 20v is actually very similar.
Only a few things are different - no adaptive boost control, no adaptive knock control, distributor injection...

But overall the code is largely the same.
If you look inside the ECU and understand how it works, how maps are accessed, etc, then you will see that actually there is no big difference between them.

Also, I don't charge ridiculous amounts for my work, and I started with my own car as well.
The problem with 20vt is that there is very little factory information, and all of it is on paper and closely guarded...

Either way, you need emu with trace and proper datalogging. Without it, you won't be able to make any good changes.
To make a good timing map you will need a dyno as well.

As I said before, sometime I will post all of this data, but this day is not there yet.
I have started compiling a PDF a long time ago, but it is far from finished, and I don't want to share it in it's current state.

Log your car properly.
JTY

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 02:22:08 AM »

Here's few aftermark files.
Have more, but those are my own custom for autotrans with all features.
Also i have MTM version for manual trans
vwnut8392

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 06:17:45 PM »

thank you very much!!!! im sure these will be a big help!!!!
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »

I think this file may help you. It was from a 1995 Audi S6 I believe.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
vwnut8392

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 02:32:42 PM »

thanks tony!!!! this is exactly what i've been looking for.  Grin
prj

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 03:45:48 AM »

I think this file may help you. It was from a 1995 Audi S6 I believe.
1.65 spec boost @ 4500, it will never reach that.
Duty cycle is way too low to actually reach that boost. With this file probably boost varies a lot between gears. A lot more in higher gears.

Ignition timing in bottom right corner of timing map is not tuned properly.
It will probably never go there, but the ignition there is more like for meth tune, not pump.
However, in the max boost zone timing is late (9 deg BTDC)... maybe for 95 RON, but would be better to run less boost and more timing.

Down low fuel map is leaned out a lot, I think this tune should knock when coming on boost.

I did not check the 551A file posted above, but I would excercise some caution if running the file Tony posted on 95 RON. I would recommend 98 RON and not loading it too much at low rpms in high gears.

Log your car properly.
amd is the best

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 01:57:18 AM »

I wish I could have tuned my stock ECU in my 200 20v.  I just went standalone, expensive but much more straight-foward in my opinion.  Awesome info in here (true with most of this forum)!

2012 Golf TDI
2001 Audi A4 2.8 30v Supercharged
1991 Audi 200 20v
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 08:40:15 AM »

I wish I could have tuned my stock ECU in my 200 20v.  I just went standalone, expensive but much more straight-foward in my opinion.  Awesome info in here (true with most of this forum)!

VEMS FTW Wink

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: