Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Supercharged 2.0 8v with 1.8t ECU  (Read 16076 times)
monk-e

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 09:53:55 AM »

Why did you post an 06A906032FK bin?

That's the map off the stock 2.0 8v ecu. I was thinking of asking if anyone could find a few maps on it, but its not important.

Please post the ACTUAL LOGS and not just pictures. There is a lot more than what you are graphing.

sure no problem

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 09:54:55 AM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4094.0title=

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
monk-e

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 10:08:42 AM »

oops.. Sorry

monk-e

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 11:48:40 AM »

Looking at kumsrl I think the closest I can get is 0.000765625
Would this be correct for 1984cc
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 11:54:24 AM »

ugh. diagnosing idle control can be very tricky w/o being able to log all the various idle control locations :/

I can't see anything obvious that stands out offhand - the idle control PID seems very confused.

Is it possible to get a bone stock log to compare it to?

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
monk-e

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 12:10:54 PM »

ugh. diagnosing idle control can be very tricky w/o being able to log all the various idle control locations :/

I can't see anything obvious that stands out offhand - the idle control PID seems very confused.

Is it possible to get a bone stock log to compare it to?

I can flash a stock 1.8t map to it although I'd still have to change KRKTE and TVUB as I'm using AUM injectors with a BAM ecu and maf sensor
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 12:12:38 PM »

I can flash a stock 1.8t map to it although I'd still have to change KRKTE and TVUB as I'm using AUM injectors with a BAM ecu and maf sensor

I was thinking more like a bone stock known good car...

ECUx Plot

monk-e

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 12:29:50 PM »

I was thinking more like a bone stock known good car...

Ahh... Not an easy one that. I can possibly log a near stock car that runs ok. Just has higher cr than normal as it's had its head skimmed
Gonzo

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 12:53:10 AM »

If you are a noob (and looks like it), I think the best solution here is to use the stock binary, underscale a bit and work with that. Once you figure your way around things you can decide if you want to do things "properly".

Your supercharger setup will most likely not be a high power setup which means the stock binary will probably work just fine without major mods. All the North American spec MK4 2.slows are wideband from the factory as well.
monk-e

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 02:54:52 AM »

If you are a noob (and looks like it), I think the best solution here is to use the stock binary, underscale a bit and work with that. Once you figure your way around things you can decide if you want to do things "properly".

Your supercharger setup will most likely not be a high power setup which means the stock binary will probably work just fine without major mods. All the North American spec MK4 2.slows are wideband from the factory as well.

Hahaha how did you guess.... Joking. I know it's obvious.

I did initially think of using the stock ecu but I can't find any definitions for it. I've tried searching manually for maps but have had no luck. As you said I'm a noob so it's obviously beyond my capability.
I would even be willing to pay for a profesional Tuner to do it properly, however the ones I trust don't want to touch it as its a custom project and well out side of the normal over here.

So I only really have one choice and that's to try it myself using a well defined ecu that is allready programmed for boost and try to adapt it to work.
At a guess though I believe a stock 1.8t map will do exactly the same as what it's doing now.

I think the next step I'll do is log a standard 2.0 8v
Then try the displacement sum and log that
And after that I'll flash a stock 1.8t map and log that. I'll compare the logs from all 3 and see if I can learn anything from that
monk-e

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2016, 01:37:04 PM »

I decided to pop the stock ecu back on with the MAF unplugged and a boost pipe off to see what happens. It done exactly the same as the 1.8t ecu. So that has pointed me towards the piper cam which must be reasonably high lift. apparently it is supposed to have stock like idle, but obviously has not.. 

so I raised idle up to 950 and its now a lot better. Its not perfect but its something I can continue to work on as I learn
adam-

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2016, 11:53:50 PM »

How quickly can you swap the cam out?
monk-e

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 09:28:10 PM »

How quickly can you swap the cam out?

I might be able to do it this afternoon Smiley
_nameless

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 11:09:37 PM »

WONDER HOW A G60 CAM WOULD DO?

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2016, 11:29:21 PM »

WONDER HOW A G60 CAM WOULD DO?

WHAT I CANT HEAR YOU

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: