Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: LTFT issus  (Read 53113 times)
k0mpresd

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 02:04:03 PM »

my tsi tiguan got a rear main seal replacement.  Roll Eyes
ktm733

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 04:08:25 PM »

I removed the shield and l leaked some map gas into that area, fuel trims were all over the place so I couldn't really verify that it is leaking. I have what seems to be pretty high vaccum in the crank case. Yet I've replaced the whole pcv system with oem parts. What should the crank case vaccum be at?
Can you show me what your stock readings are for block 93 and 94.
I don't think this is the problem just want to verify.
Carsinc

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2016, 07:03:09 PM »

Huh, rear main is a problem but not as a vaccum leak, if it aint leaking oil it aint leaking air.
Guys lets fix this car, its not the rear main. Did you just do the diapham or a new whole assb.
ktm733

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2016, 07:38:47 PM »

The whole assembly, I'll log my lamfa corrections so you can see it's all over the place. Yes I have pressure tested and smoked the whole system. As you see in the logs everything follows specified. Idle adaption is 2% and partial is 21%. I hate to reiterate but this car is possessed! The only thing that I can think of is some how my fuel injectors are clogged yet I have no missfires so that defeats that. Or my cam I screwed up from possibly a previous owner? What's the lobe lift spec? Last but not leak my high pressure fuel pumped is bad but my hpfp pressure follows spec and so does my low
Carsinc

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2016, 08:10:04 PM »

At what pressure is the smoke test being performed? Have you pressure tested yout boost piping?
I've seen the end tanks on the intercooler leak.
Let me ask you this, What faults does it throw?
ktm733

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2016, 05:56:16 AM »

Lean off idle, only code. I can watch live data add 22% when I rev it up at idle. Now when I let it idle it +-2. I checked fuel lines for kinks nothing.
Take into consideration I have not replaced the module as I'm not trying to just swap parts. I have nothing to go off of though. No missfires, stutters, it runs fine. I even unplugs brake booster and n80 from the intake to cross out check valve problems. Still adds 22%

The test is at 12 psi on the smoke machine. I then do a pressure test at 18 psi.

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2016, 08:11:27 AM »

Huh, rear main is a problem but not as a vaccum leak, if it aint leaking oil it aint leaking air.
Guys lets fix this car, its not the rear main. Did you just do the diapham or a new whole assb.

Carsinc : you don't have a clue on how the PCV system works on the 2.0T engines do you ?  The PCV allows to much vacuum in the engine case and it will pull air . Again like I said before the rear main sometimes will not leak oil but it will allow air to be pulled in the engine case and that will give you a LEAN code at idle or at part throttle . I dont own a European car because I am an Idiot . I have been doing this for 20+ years and I might know a thing or two more than you . good luck .

Lee

Poor quality lingers long after the price is forgotten ....
gman86

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2016, 08:26:30 AM »

Carsinc : you don't have a clue on how the PCV system works on the 2.0T engines do you ?  The PCV allows to much vacuum in the engine case and it will pull air . Again like I said before the rear main sometimes will not leak oil but it will allow air to be pulled in the engine case and that will give you a LEAN code at idle or at part throttle . I dont own a European car because I am an Idiot . I have been doing this for 20+ years and I might know a thing or two more than you . good luck .

Lee

If there's one thing I've found it's that you can either be good at tuning, or be good at being a mechanic. Not both.

If you can't handle having your OPINION challenged on this forum without resorting to that sort of dialogue, then it's probably not for you.

The amount of air that could possibly leak in via a seal that doesn't leak oil, past the transmission>block gasket, through the PCV mixed with the blow-by gasses and into the inlet is not going to be enough to put out the trims as much as being seen here.

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2016, 11:09:42 AM »

If there's one thing I've found it's that you can either be good at tuning, or be good at being a mechanic. Not both.

If you can't handle having your OPINION challenged on this forum without resorting to that sort of dialogue, then it's probably not for you.

The amount of air that could possibly leak in via a seal that doesn't leak oil, past the transmission>block gasket, through the PCV mixed with the blow-by gasses and into the inlet is not going to be enough to put out the trims as much as being seen here.
Dear, gman86

What the hell is a "  transmission>block gasket "  HuhHuh There is not one engine in a car out there that has a air tight seal between the transmission and the engine . What in gods name are you talking about ? If you can show me a gasket or seal that seals air off from transmission to engine in any 2.0T engine and stops atmospheric air  I will eat my words but this all so comes from a family ( my father ) that has owned a transmission shop for the past 52 years . I am sorry to say this mate but you dont have a clue what you are talking about .

Lee
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 06:50:52 AM by 10101011 » Logged

Poor quality lingers long after the price is forgotten ....
vwaudiguy

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2016, 11:37:19 AM »

Smiley
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 11:42:28 AM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwaudiguy

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2016, 11:44:22 AM »

I disagree. While being extremely rare, I believe it does exist.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
SB_GLI

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2016, 11:45:46 AM »

I find that I am mediocre/slightly-above-average at both.   Tongue

If you are too good, then people expect things.
k0mpresd

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2016, 11:51:50 AM »

I disagree. While being extremely rare, I believe it does exist.

maybe he was referring to himself and thats why him and 10101011 are having a difference of opinions you could call it?
vwaudiguy

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »

maybe he was referring to himself and thats why him and 10101011 are having a difference of opinions you could call it?

I just put my 2 cents in on that one comment. I'm not part of this thread really other than that. Smiley

k0mpresd

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 12:20:34 PM »

I just put my 2 cents in on that one comment. I'm not part of this thread really other than that. Smiley

my 2 cents is that my old boss from years ago was very good at both as well.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: