Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: For those Outlaws out there  (Read 24728 times)
atdub

« on: July 25, 2016, 04:57:42 PM »

I'm not sure if this has been metioned b4 but for those who use the standard me7logger to log at there local data strip. I found it rather handy to apply a peice of adhesive on the Enter, Cntl and C keys on your laptop. It makes it easier,cleaner and not as risky to start and capture a log, especially at night. Just thought I'd share to those who hasn't thought of it
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 06:54:21 PM »

Nice.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
royce5950

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 09:39:26 PM »

I was trying to log for months and one day on my way home from the grocery store with my fiance I started a log and put my laptop under my seat. When we got home I was like "man babe I'm so sick of this shit, How the hell do I stop the log correctly? it says ^C and nothing I try works..." She replies "did you ever try ctrl+C?"...  Lips sealed  Undecided ... "I love you"  Kiss

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COMAs low as just $50
SB_GLI

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 05:57:40 AM »

If you use ME7VisualLogger all you have to do is press enter to start, and enter to stop.   Cool

...Not to mention a real time graph display that you can stare at while driving at 100mph.  Be sure to smoke a cig and check your facebook status at the same time as well.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 05:59:16 AM by SB_GLI » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 08:47:44 AM »

I've been meaning to check this, but It's easier just ask here.  Smiley  Is there an option to rename the log after each start/stop session? Possibly "use default log file config_date_time"? Sometimes on a long run, I like to have multiple same gear logs, but want to keep them separated. Thanks

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 10:06:26 AM »

"use default log file config_date_time"?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SB_GLI

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 10:41:37 AM »

yep, what he said.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 10:42:47 AM »

Thanks, gents.

atdub

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 12:10:29 PM »

I've been meaning to check this, but It's easier just ask here.  Smiley  Is there an option to rename the log after each start/stop session? Possibly "use default log file config_date_time"? Sometimes on a long run, I like to have multiple same gear logs, but want to keep them separated. Thanks

Im sure theres a better method but I renamed my temp starting with a Z so all new logs fall to the bottom.. keep an eye on the time you log, than rename the file after you get back to the lab for viewing. I only get between 4-7 logs on a logging night so its not too annoying to do it that way 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 12:11:58 PM »

Im sure theres a better method

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SB_GLI

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 09:45:29 AM »

what he said  Smiley
vwaudiguy

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 10:52:52 AM »

what he said  Smiley

Works great. Is there a way to change the default place it saves logs to?

SB_GLI

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2016, 01:34:32 PM »

probably not.  where does it save to now with that option on?  I never use that option myself, so I forget.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2016, 01:37:02 PM »

Right now it saves to the "logs" folder of the program. There are a lot of other files in that same folder for the system, so if you do a lot of logging it takes a bit of housekeeping to keep everything sorted. Would be nice to make a folder for each car, and then have it do its thing.

atdub

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2016, 10:10:36 PM »

Right now it saves to the "logs" folder of the program. There are a lot of other files in that same folder for the system, so if you do a lot of logging it takes a bit of housekeeping to keep everything sorted. Would be nice to make a folder for each car, and then have it do its thing.

Just clean it,Take notes(time), Log, smash ppl on your ride and than go back home and then interpret it. No reason to have a million logs in folder..
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: