Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Volvo ME7.0.1 Automatic to Manual Conversion  (Read 5435 times)
treeswag

« on: July 29, 2016, 03:38:23 PM »

Hello,

I'm looking for a second opinion on this as I'm completely new to chip tuning Grin

I'm in the process of converting my 2002 Volvo V70 XC from an automatic to a M66 6-speed manual transmission.  I've been into electronics and computers for years, and I'm a student on a bit of a budget so I thought I would give ECU tuning a go.  I ordered a Chinese Galletto and, after reading the Volvo ME7 Thread on this form a few times, was able to read the file off of my original ECU.  I also picked up a S60 manual ECU from Sweden and read the file off of it.  Both of the ECUs I have are for B5244T3 engines and both are ME7.0.1 with the 1MB .bin files.  If my thinking is correct, I should be able to take the program off of the S60 manual ECU and write it to the eeprom in my original automatic ECU making it essentially a manual ECU?  I also read that the immobilizer for these ECUs is stored in a separate 8-pin 5P0C3 chip, so writing a file from a different car to the eeprom in my original ECU shouldn't mess up the immobilizer programming?

I might be going about this completely wrong, but it made sense in my head!  Like I said, I read the Volvo ME7 Thread a few times over, but I couldn't really find much on converting auto ECU to a manual.  I look forward to hearing what you all think.

Thanks,
Joe

P.S.  Is there a central place to post your ori files?  I saw on the Volvo me7 thread that someone was trying to start one for the Volvos.  I figure there's no harm in sharing and maybe someone can get some use from them!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:42:18 PM by treeswag » Logged
gman86

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 04:22:55 PM »

Sounds like you've got a solid grasp of basics. Take backups of both ECUs before writing and then experiment with cross flashing.

M66 box is a good choice. Strong as bull. Used in the Focus ST/RS and very very hard to kill.

Keep us updated.
turbosundance

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 09:04:18 PM »

I'm also working an an auto to m66 manual conversion on my 2002 v70xc.  Would be able to share that 2.4t manual fine file?  Also, are you aware of any changes that need to be made to the CEM programming and how to do it?  I was planning to just connect the reverse lights directly from connector on the transmission and add the clutch pedal wiring.  I'm also concerned that cruise control may not work in 6th gear due to the great ratio differences between the 5 and 6 speed manuals.  I assume the 2.4t manual tune is for a 5 speed.

2005 Volvo XC70  Stock.  550,000+km and climbing daily.
jahkotuning

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 06:00:38 AM »

check the maps look right and are in the same places before you go flashing it, or post both files. There are a few different variants
Mladen

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 05:30:20 AM »

Any update on this?
Any one have a 2.4l turbo manual fwd us file?
DaReK79

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 11:33:34 AM »

Hiya Folks..

Any updates on this??
Planning to do similar stuff on my C70..

Am totally new to all this so please be patient Smiley)))))))))))) and have mercy Tongue

Got the ecu from 2.3 T5 Manual.. and want to ( or at least try ) to flash my 2.0 Auto.. 
Is this gonna work ??

Could someone shed some light on??
Or better.. explain step by step.. Smiley)))

Cheers..
Regards
gman86

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 02:44:43 PM »

Hiya Folks..

Any updates on this??
Planning to do similar stuff on my C70..

Am totally new to all this so please be patient Smiley)))))))))))) and have mercy Tongue

Got the ecu from 2.3 T5 Manual.. and want to ( or at least try ) to flash my 2.0 Auto.. 
Is this gonna work ??

Could someone shed some light on??
Or better.. explain step by step.. Smiley)))

Cheers..
Regards

Is a 5 cylinder ECU going to work on a 4 cylinder engine? Is that your question?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: