Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ME 7.1.1 ST10 40MHz Type 1 Options  (Read 21084 times)
jameswalker

« on: August 01, 2016, 05:47:30 AM »

Afternoon,

I am having problems with my ME 7.1.1 G ECU (2004). Golf MK5 R32 BUB engine. It looks like this:

Question 1: I read (in 1 post only) that the ST10 processor is not supported by nefmoto. Is that true? If so, what options do I have to read and write with the ECU in the car? I dont mind buying the correct cables etc, so long as its not too expensive. I am only working on my own car afterall. I have read about KESS / MPPS, but don't know what they will offer this processor.

I am also trying to establish a working boot mode programmer for worst case scenario. I am using a galletto cable with the english software from the forum, with drivers provided on the forum too. Using mprog I can change the serial number, proving that the cable at least semi functions, but using galletto I cannot even read the ECU info.

Question 2: Should the galletto cable LED illuminate ever? It appears to have an LED but it never illuminates. Could this mean the half of the cable that talks to windows, is working, but the K line part is broken? I have ordered another cable to see what happens. Or maybe I have overlooked something else?

Question 3: Please could someone confirm my boot mode process for the above ECU? I have configured the ECU as per the picture, bridging those 2 pins with a 1k resistor. I have also attached a lead to the boot pin. I also tried pin (21?) of the flash as per the type 2 ECU, but no differing results.

1 - connect bench harness to ECU and to laptop.
2 - start galletto, select ECU etc and click read info
3 - wait for popup for power ECU
4 - turn on power to ECU, while grounding boot pin
5 - 3 seconds later disconnect boot pin
6 - proceed in galletto
7 - now I get an error in galletto, something about the ECU not being in boot mode, or a communication problem.

This is the same for 3 unrelated pc's / laptops that I have tried. 2 different driver versions too.

1 thing to note, when it says switch off ignition, I actually power off the entire ECU with my bench supply, not just pin 3. I am lead to believe this is not a problem, but if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know. I can modify the feed to pin 3, but wont bother if I don't need to.

Any help in proceeding would be appreciated. I have proven my bench harness works as I can log faults with VCDS and the hex can lead. But galletto could be a problem, or actually achieving boot mode. I don't know. Current draw doesn't seem to change when I think I am in boot mode, should I expect it to draw less?

Thanks,
nubcake

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 03:04:52 PM »

I have not had any luck reading/writing ST10s over OBD, but I only played with a couple of ECU types.

If bench flashing - MPPS can read/write the CPU as "Generic Bosch ST10Fxxx", provided you can get it into boot mode.
There's also a tool called "FlashIt", it can be used as well. It's pretty low level and allows memory reading etc - all while in boot mode as well ofc.
jameswalker

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 02:20:33 AM »

I have not had any luck reading/writing ST10s over OBD, but I only played with a couple of ECU types.

If bench flashing - MPPS can read/write the CPU as "Generic Bosch ST10Fxxx", provided you can get it into boot mode.
There's also a tool called "FlashIt", it can be used as well. It's pretty low level and allows memory reading etc - all while in boot mode as well ofc.

Should galletto read / write the ST10? If not, I will buy MPPS. I will end up with 5 cables then!

Another question, does MPPS ignore the "no read flag"?
eliotroyano

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 04:47:42 AM »

Should galletto read / write the ST10? If not, I will buy MPPS. I will end up with 5 cables then!
Another question, does MPPS ignore the "no read flag"?

Other option is a really simple interface called ST10Flasher or ST10Flash.
jameswalker

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 07:25:38 AM »

Other option is a really simple interface called ST10Flasher or ST10Flash.

Thanks, I had never heard of that. Do you have any further details, or links where I can read about it?
jameswalker

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 01:57:21 AM »

OK, in another dedicated thread I was pointed to STflasher.

My last question for now will be, what are my options to flash the ECU in car via OBD? It will be a real nuisance having to take it out and bench flash it for each change. One specifically that will work with this fussy processor!

Thanks,
k0mpresd

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 08:10:32 AM »

mpps flashes st10 over obd.
jameswalker

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 08:59:30 AM »

Which version are we talking? Seem to be lots.
k0mpresd

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 09:07:11 AM »

newest update from AMT is v21.
dream3R

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »

mpps encryts file with noread so they can be reflashed.

it was in the release notes in December.

How to work out values from an A2L Smiley

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5525.msg52371#msg52371

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

ORGORIGINAL 05 5120 creator for Volvo
ORIGINAL Datalogger (Freeware) Author
ORGINAL finder of the 'extra' torque' limits
I don't have ME7.01 A2L I just use ID
jameswalker

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 02:05:59 AM »

mpps encryts file with noread so they can be reflashed.

it was in the release notes in December.

Is there a mistake in your wording? Surely if it encrypts with noread, it CANT be reflashed? Furthermore, I thought noread had no bearing on the actual flashing, only reading?

I could be mistaken, I am new to this game. Thanks,
vwaudiguy

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2016, 06:56:42 AM »

Noread has no bearing on the file. It's a low level security way to try and protect files from being viewed, and read. I don't always understand dreamer's responses either, so don't feel bad.  Tongue

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
dream3R

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 07:26:26 AM »

It would of been easier to read the release notes than bemoan my hurried typing.

IF MPPS detects a NOREAD tag (there's others too) it produces an encrypted bin which can't be modified BUT CAN be reflashed aka back to where you was if you mess up your new tune.

Makes sense to me!  MPPS - Great product, worth every penny for a master.

Starting Rev's http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5397.msg51169#msg51169

noobs read this before asking http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=9014.0title=

k0mpresd

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 09:04:32 AM »

and none of that has any bearing on whether or not it can flash st10 over obd port. lol.
dream3R

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 10:10:42 AM »

yes it can 7.1.1 is listed and I've talked to hi about it last month over lunch lol

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: