Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: 2.0t lean off idle problem  (Read 24252 times)
vwaudiguy

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2016, 09:53:51 PM »

The medal lock out tabs were still there. So nobody has messed with this car.

For informational purposes, just because the metal locking tabs are there doesn't mean the ecu wasn't "messed with"

1. It could have been flashed via OBD. A Revo trial could be on there for all you know. Seen it.
2. Someone could have reinstalled the tamper proof screws. You can buy them new from any dealership.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:02:10 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwaudiguy

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 09:56:09 PM »

For my issus with the ltft is still there changed everything

Changed everything?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwaudiguy

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 10:00:05 PM »

Can someone verify this?

Pop the cover off, and see if the diaphragm is torn. You can buy a replacement from your local Napa on the cheap.

birchbark506

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2016, 03:19:06 AM »

I have stock file 7115h file logs but unsure of how to upload, once I get my car back from the dealer tonight I'm hoping since they said the key adopting is unavailable for 24 hours because it was over the 3 tires when I try to flash back to a good file, live and learn I guess lol. I'm sure the dealer will put 7115B back on my ecu and I'll do more logs and hope my ltft is good instead of hitting 25% dealer told me.my problem is software issue not anything else
vwaudiguy

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2016, 06:47:39 AM »

When stating what file you're using, it's helpful to also know the revision, and the full part number. Also doing a full read and making sure it is in fact 100% stock wouldn't be a bad idea either. Simply saying "7115h" isn't telling the whole story. Imagine someone else following this thread with less experience/ knowledge trying to figure things out. This is after all supposed to be a community thread, right?

birchbark506

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 11:17:35 AM »

I will update with all the info when I'm home as I do not have the PC that has that info all on there. I have a question do you real bdm100 or the clone? Or something different to read EPROM? I only have a MPPs cable
vwaudiguy

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 11:25:54 AM »

do you real bdm100 or the clone? Or something different to read EPROM?

You need to use BDM to read the e2p. Genuine or clone will work. Clones are buggy, and unreliable/ risky to use.

Carsinc

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 07:04:10 PM »

This is FSI, i thought you had to buy the whole breather, i can only get the dia for tsi and 2.5
ktm733

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2016, 09:08:32 AM »

Pop the cover off, and see if the diaphragm is torn. You can buy a replacement from your local Napa on the cheap.

There's a diaphragm in the valve cover on a fsi engine?
ktm733

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2016, 09:11:02 AM »

4 pages, and not even 1 single stock log posted yet. This thread is turning into a "fix the hardware issues on my 2.0T thread".  Roll Eyes
Sorry I didn't intend for this to be the case.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2016, 09:23:26 AM »

Sorry I didn't intend for this to be the case.

Don't apologize, just start another thread for your hardware issues. It would have been nice to see in the first page...

1. What file we're working with, with the original posted.
2. Some stock logs of cars without issues.3-5 different cars would be good to get an average. I remember in the B5S4 thread towards the end everyone figured out their N75's were adjusted differently, so they all got different boost response using the same file.
3. A paragraph or two outlining the goals of the thread, and any special concerns with the hardware. Differences between MED9 and ME7.

Just trying to give you guys some direction. I think this thread is a good idea, and I wish I had more time to provide info, and contribute overall, but unfortunately I'm buried at the moment.

SB_GLI

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2016, 09:39:07 AM »

everyone figured out their N75's were adjusted differently

Adjusted differently?  N75's don't have an adjustment as far as I know, they just get old, worn and sticky.  I could be wrong, but I just never noticed an adjustment.  And I just googled it and goddamn... there's an adjustment screw.  Smiley

To the point, it might be wise to abandon/rename this thread and create a new community thread with the suggestions made above.
ktm733

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2016, 09:44:05 AM »

I think it would be best to delete this thread and start fresh, the purpose was to get stock logs but when I went to get stock logs I found a big problem. This running lean problem under load only, which has been a hell of a problem.
To update everybody so they can see what has been done so far and hasn't resolve my problem.
Parts replaced
pcv system, the front pcv that connects the the valve cover/ plus the rear pcv check valve
Fuel filter
fuel pump
cam follower
coil packs
spark plugs
o2 sensor
diverter valve
smoke tested/pressure tested the whole system

Parts that haven't been replaced
high pressure fuel pump (high pressure follows requested)
Fuel injectors
fuel pump module

The logs taken are of the car having this issue. I've unplugged the maf to eliminated possible intake leaks, I've even checked o ring on map sensor to make sure all is still there.

ktm733

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2016, 09:44:48 AM »

Adjusted differently?  N75's don't have an adjustment as far as I know, they just get old, worn and sticky.  I could be wrong, but I just never noticed an adjustment.  And I just googled it and goddamn... there's an adjustment screw.  Smiley

To the point, it might be wise to abandon/rename this thread and create a new community thread with the suggestions made above.

There's an adjustment screw if you look closely.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2016, 09:45:57 AM »

It says this in the text you just quoted...

"And I just googled it and goddamn... there's an adjustment screw."

You guys need to slow down. Lol

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: