Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ross tech cable with galleto?  (Read 3184 times)
ktm733

« on: October 15, 2016, 07:04:04 AM »

I would hate to brink my cable but I need a reasuring (don't do this) before I give it a try.

I read over the forums and I didn't see anybody say you couldn't.
This is what I gathered.

The ept is basically the cables fingerprint. Putting the ept from one cable onto another makes it a clone. For instance-vag-tacho requires a specific driver to work. Unless the cable has the "USB to KLINE interface" driver installed, it wont work. You cant just install the driver as it'll tell you that the driver contains no information for your device. The ept changes the device details to accept alternate drivers.

February 12, 2013:
VCDS cables can be flashed, BUT they still have microcontrollers in them. They are intelligent cables, capable of processes on their own. [Therefore] vcds has the capability of bricking your cable if it detects any funny business...

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 10:10:11 AM »

Did you bother reading this section of the s4wiki?

It is possible to make most (non-Galletto bundled) FTDI USB based cables work with the Galletto software, but it requires hex editing the executable to disable serial number checking.[1] Alternately (and less usefully), you can edit the serial number that the software looks for[2][3] or alter the serial number stored in the cable using MProg.[4]

Links are all there.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ktm733

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 09:37:35 AM »

Must of skipped right passed it, thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: