Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Re: ME7.x Checksum Correction/Check Utility/GUI  (Read 13157 times)
TheCream

« on: August 06, 2016, 07:51:12 PM »

I get an error when I try to check my eeprom.bin... It says "The selected file is not a valid ME7.x .bin dump. Please verify file and filepath."

Attatched is my eeprom dump.

Carsinc

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 07:58:02 PM »

This tool is not for eeprom it for eprom
TheCream

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 10:50:22 PM »

So it is only for a full tune file, not the immobilizer? How does one correct the checksum on the immo 95040.bin then?
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 11:09:20 PM »

So it is only for a full tune file, not the immobilizer? How does one correct the checksum on the immo 95040.bin then?

I suggest you spend a little more time reading topics throughout this forum. People are giving you the answers, and you can't even digest them because you aren't familiar enough with the process.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
TheCream

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 10:48:50 AM »

figured it all out...couldn't find just one tool I saw before, found it, switched immo off, changed vin, checksums corrected automatically, started car...checked codes, erased codes, shut off car, read the ecu flash, saved it to my pc, flashed a seemingly stock GLI.bin, started car, still have same code, but runs, revs, and boosts like a stock car now! code I am getting has something to do with internal pressure/altitude sensor and a map sensor fail...I wonder if my car has a 4bar sensor and the ecu can't tell with a stock flash. anyways, yall were bussin on me and all it took was a single post somewhere that led me to the eepromtool I was looking for....

The OP didn't specify this tool wasn't for eeprom dumps, that's where I was having issues.

Reply #20 on this thread: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6134.15 is exactly the EXAMPLE I was searching for..none of the other threads I have read had as concise an example as this post did. You would have way fewer n00bs asking questions if you changed your OP in your threads to the extent of that example. The other threads say what you need and give broad commands, but none with the exact cmd line a person should use. I do understand you keep it that way for the real winners out there, but for us that are smart, but not versed, it is a bit frustrating when constantly getting dogged on instead of a simple answer. You run a forum, it's part of the job.

Thank you, have a nice day. Now to read the S4 Wiki 10 more times.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 11:05:28 AM »

So, basically your blaming us/ the forum for all the trouble you had? On top of making this long humble brag post about all your accomplishments?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
k0mpresd

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 11:26:36 AM »

So, basically your blaming us/ the forum for all the trouble you had? On top of making this long humble brag post about all your accomplishments?

hes not blaming anyone. hes just telling us about how "we didnt do our jobs". looool.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 11:30:23 AM »

I do understand you keep it that way for the real winners out there

No, it is not intentional, period.

I don't see what is special about comment #20; the program itself gives you help for it's own syntax, as shown in the VERY first post of the thread you're linking to:

Code:
Full options:

95040tool.exe [-h] --in INFILE [--out OUTFILE] [--status] [--immo IMMO] [--vin VIN] [--fixcs] [--nofixcs]

95040tool - View/Modify me7.5 eeprom files
optional arguments:
  -h, --help        show this help message and exit
  --in INFILE       Input eeprom bin
  --out OUTFILE  File to save eeprom to (must be supplied if changing Immo/VIN)
  --status          View information in eeprom, default if no other options are specified
  --immo IMMO    Immobiliser on/off
  --vin VIN         New VIN
  --fixcs            Fix checksum (default when changing Immo/VIN unless --nofixcs is specified
  --nofixcs         Do not correct checksum when writing out file

Btw, did you NOT link directly to the post on purpose? Tongue

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6134.msg65591#msg65591

I have stickied the thread so others can find it more easily.

It's not in the S4Wiki since that is geared towards ME7.1

You could write your own ME7.5 tuning page if you like.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 11:37:50 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TheCream

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »

I get where you guys are coming from. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was blaming/whatnot. It had been a long time since I worked with code, so I wasn't connecting the dots. the post I referred to made everything click. just having the options laid out didn't help as I wasn't sure on the order they were needed. It all came together now. I am reading the forum hours each day. I appreciate all you do. Woosaa tho. I successfully flashed an immo off.bin and an 032rn.bin...car runs, but has an internal pressure/altitude sensor fault code...never had that with the tuned ecu.

Once again, thank you..
Murph

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 09:03:26 AM »

Description updated. Shouldn't be anymore confusion.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: