Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 01 1.8 K box bricked? help  (Read 5266 times)
ttchris

« on: October 30, 2011, 11:24:22 AM »

My k box from a 2001 tt 225 had a revo program on it, couldn't read the program with nefmoto software. Tried to bench read with galletto, kept giving me not in boot mode error. put back in car and car wont start, no coms through anything. the guy that flashed it 6 years ago told me the dealer wouldnt be able to flash over it, so im guessing it had some kind of protection on it? tips for un-brick?
littco

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 02:07:38 PM »

When you boot mode with galletto do you get boot mode inactive message? If so then the ecu isn't in bootmode. I have found that you need a paper clip on pin 24 to ground that is insulated. Don't ask me why but if I hold the bare metal it never goes into boot mode but same wire cover with a bit of plastic to insulate it from my fingers seems to work. I would suggest it may just need to be a different way. As far as I'm aware revo don't block the K-line so galletto will work.

Can you connect to the ecu with vag com?

ttchris

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:23:49 AM »

No, cant connect with any OBD tool. Rear diff makes funny noises when key is turned on, so Im guessing no other ecus can communicate with it.
robin

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 11:11:27 AM »

Probably needs to be completely reflashed (all sectors including EE) back to stock.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: