Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Lemmiwinks is in the wiki, it would be useful to add unisettings...  (Read 20952 times)
royce5950

Since lemmiwinks doesn't seem to work via FTDI/FT232RL chip I thought it may be useful to add unitronics' program "Bosch.Unisettings" for individuals such as myself who don't have access to a serial port. I've tried lemmiwinks many times using my FTDI cable but even with proper drivers I was never able to use lemmiwinks. Unisettings has many similar functions, infact it may even share all of the same functions I don't remember.

I have thought about suggesting this for a while now but I just now remembered now that my fiance and I have a gray chinchilla, chilly ( we nicknamed him chilldo hehe  Grin ) who looks just like the lemmiwinks icon. So as I saw the program in my "ECU Related" folder on my laptop I decided I'd finally make the suggestion.

Check out the program in my attachments. I've tested the program and successfully connected via FTDI cable. I tested its ability by decreasing the idle RPM to -10 and my changes were acquired to the ECU. Seems like it would be a useful tool.

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
adam-

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 05:00:29 AM »

Where did you get this ECU related folder?  Sounds like it's not yours haha.

Also, why not just edit the map properly? 
royce5950

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 05:45:58 AM »

Well for one, the program allows the user to apply minor adjustments to various parameters more quickly and more easily than more advanced tuning applications such as tunerpro or winOLS would allow. Programs like lemmiwinks and unisettings weren't developed for the purpose of actually creating a "tune" of any sorts, The applications were developed so that users could make minor adjustments to parameters in an already modified/tuned file. Through characteristics and built in features such as a more user-friendly interface, tool-tips/parameter descriptions and +/- buttons that increase or decrease values in pre-set increments... etc, these are all useful features built into the program that allow the user to make minor adjustments on the fly to an already tuned file while at the track, after a logging session, while out driving and something doesn't feel perfect. The programs are perfect for giving a tuned file that tiny final touch. When used properly these programs can be extremely useful tools for even the most advanced tuners. But its form provides usability for less advanced tuners as well...

I in no way recommend tuning using this program. Its not made for that. I don't think its developers would recommend it either. I do however consider this a very useful tool for dialing in fuel on the go or adjusting other parameters that would otherwise be much more difficult to adjust using more advanced applications when not in the comfort of your own home, driveway or neighborhood...

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
adam-

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 05:56:33 AM »

You can't tune using it though; it's just to remove a block of timing over the whole range or whatever.  For final tweaking, you should be logging and editing using that.  I guess it's only use would be for idle for quick revision changes, but that's about it IMO.
Carsinc

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 06:43:32 AM »

This is dumb lemmi and unisetting is the same.
royce5950

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 08:25:12 AM »

And the "ECU related folder" I'm referring to is mine. Why would you assume its not? I've been absolutely mad about learning how to remap and flash my ECU for as far back as a month before I bought my 01 mk4. That was probably around Aug of last year. Before that I owned a few mk3s, a mk2 and some other lame rides that I traded up on CL for... Anyhow, along the way I've downloaded applications, files, programs, utilities, .pdf guides, walkthroughs, diagrams, checksum tools... all in the persuit of remapping and flashing my ECU with a tune on an absolutely bunk budget. Honestly, I didn't write any of the guides on on my computer. I also didn't develop any of the applications or programs or utilities on my computer.

Examples of what you'll find in my "ECU related folder" (Actually named 'ECU Tuning +') are as referred to below..

x An assortment of original .bin files for a wide range of 06A906032__ ECUs in various software versions (sw0001 - sw0008...) some downloaded from here and most downloaded from a directory of pretty much every single original .bin or .ori for a VAG ECU there possibly is... Forgot the site though, its foreign. I used these as comparisons almost a year ago when I was on a quest to uncover the secrets (at the time they were secrets  Roll Eyes of bosch and the classified differences between my 150hp ECU and the coveted 180hp ECU lol...)

x A wide variety of tuning and/or ECU modification related programs (mostly go unused, like 60% but they might come in handy one day, I'm somewhat of a digital hoarder...) such as ME7VAGFlash (credit: dilemma), winOLS, tunerpro (credit: Mark Mansur), EFI tunerstudio (credit: EFI analytics), Modas (credit: bosch) and more...

x A long list of ECU flashing and logging tools such as visualme7logger (credit: SB_GLI), MPPS, me7logger (credit:setzi), nefmoto (credit: tony), flashbooster, me7_95040 (credit: argdub), lemmiwinks (revo), galleto...

x Diagnostic & scanning utilities: IOTBoschECUTOOL, VCDS (ross...

You get the idea... I'd take a screenshot but sun just came out in oregon and I've been up all night brushing up on the wiki and some guides I've got printed working on a new file so I can hop in my car and go log it up!!

vwaudiguy

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 08:31:50 AM »

And the "ECU related folder" I'm referring to is mine. Why would you assume its not? I've been absolutely mad about learning how to remap and flash my ECU for as far back as a month before I bought my 01 mk4. That was probably around Aug of last year. Before that I owned a few mk3s, a mk2 and some other lame rides that I traded up on CL for... Anyhow, along the way I've downloaded applications, files, programs, utilities, .pdf guides, walkthroughs, diagrams, checksum tools... all in the persuit of remapping and flashing my ECU with a tune on an absolutely bunk budget. Honestly, I didn't write any of the guides on on my computer. I also didn't develop any of the applications or programs or utilities on my computer.

Examples of what you'll find in my "ECU related folder" (Actually named 'ECU Tuning +') are as referred to below..

x An assortment of original .bin files for a wide range of 06A906032__ ECUs in various software versions (sw0001 - sw0008...) some downloaded from here and most downloaded from a directory of pretty much every single original .bin or .ori for a VAG ECU there possibly is... Forgot the site though, its foreign. I used these as comparisons almost a year ago when I was on a quest to uncover the secrets (at the time they were secrets  Roll Eyes of bosch and the classified differences between my 150hp ECU and the coveted 180hp ECU lol...)

x A wide variety of tuning and/or ECU modification related programs (mostly go unused, like 60% but they might come in handy one day, I'm somewhat of a digital hoarder...) such as ME7VAGFlash (credit: dilemma), winOLS, tunerpro (credit: Mark Mansur), EFI tunerstudio (credit: EFI analytics), Modas (credit: bosch) and more...

x A long list of ECU flashing and logging tools such as visualme7logger (credit: SB_GLI), MPPS, me7logger (credit:setzi), nefmoto (credit: tony), flashbooster, me7_95040 (credit: argdub), lemmiwinks (revo), galleto...

x Diagnostic & scanning utilities: IOTBoschECUTOOL, VCDS (ross...

You get the idea... I'd take a screenshot but sun just came out in oregon and I've been up all night brushing up on the wiki and some guides I've got printed working on a new file so I can hop in my car and go log it up!!

Could have taken a lot of screenshots in the time it took you to type all that text...

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
royce5950

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 08:35:14 AM »

In my experience I was unable to use lemmiwinks with an FT232RS Chip (FTDI usb cable)
It seemed at the time, but I'm still pretty sure that lemmiwinks is strictly serial port only.
Unisettings 1.4 is made for USB OBD2 cables with FTDI chip like what we use to connect to nefmoto.

So while lemmiwinks and unisettings share identical functions, a user would be disappointed when they try and use lemmiwinks and can't. and unisettings is the USB alternative... Lemmiwinks is included in the wiki, so I thought it may be a good idea to suggest that its USB alternative be added below it for example?

This is from the wiki and it may change your mind about the usefulness of these applications. They could come in handy for you one day.
But I respect that every individual develops a workflow for something an individual does on a regular basis. I have many workflows in many various types of activities, from my workflow producing, recording or anything music related, all the way down to assembling a custom built water-cooled PC and troubleshooting the functioning of the system and finally assembling the cooling loop / troubleshooting the build and leak testing... Everything is a process and different things work for different people.

I respect that Smiley

k0mpresd

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 08:38:02 AM »

and +/- buttons that increase or decrease values in pre-set increments... etc

and ding. we have a winner. who needs all those fancy complicated programs, when there is this neat little app, that im not reallllllly sure what it does, but it has + and - buttons so its a lot easier for me to use.

btw, lemmiwinks? welcome to around 2003. now if you'd like to join the rest of us about 13yrs in the future, that would be great.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:45:50 AM by k0mpresd » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 09:50:08 AM »

welcome to around 2003. now if you'd like to join the rest of us about 13yrs in the future, that would be great.

I lol'd

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
royce5950

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 11:39:23 AM »

but thats not what the program is made for? Its just what some people on other audi/vw forums refer to as some sort of "tuning app" or "omg I hacked my engine" but everyone that refers to it like that just finds the program and thinks they've stumbled upon a free tune...

But you all should be knowledgable and experienced enough by now to atleast have a relatively good understanding and grasp on just about everything related to tuning or modifying the contents of your ECU...

I don't understand the reason behind the somewhat negative/sometimes sarcastic responses my suggestion is receiving? I have observed the behavior that is often exhibited by fellow members on nefmoto who show pride and devotion in this culture we're part of. I think we can all agree this is a community, built on the idea of uncovering the secrets kept tightly knit and sold for big profits to those willing to pay... Providing a learning tool and expanding the knowledge base of individuals around the world pages upon pages of resources for those willing to do the work and dig deeper, spending hours upon hours day after day to expand their knowledge base and broadening their understanding of the entire tuning procedure. The right cable, the necessary tools, the right programs, the correct files, techniques... We have the opportunity to make friends, work together, take a stand and help others who are in the same situations we we're once in. The ones who are actually willing to learn. Who don't just want to steal. Who don't want to be spoon fed, Who log on early in the morning and stay on nefmoto all night until morning just to get outside and try out a new file, day after day until you finally start to get it! We can all throw down! You don't need a thousand posts to help someone. Someone with 10 posts can help someone with 1. Someone with 100 posts can help someone with 10, someone with a 1000 posts can help someone with 100 posts... Its a beautiful cycle and we should all keep in mind that even if someone only has 1 post and you have 10,000, that person could have 10,000 posts one day too. And they could be your ace in the hole at one point. You never know... But my point is, Like I said, this is a beautiful community, built on so much long nights creating definitions, attempting to read ECUs, troubleshooting issues and defining proper protocols and connecting with one another... I see what happens when people ask for a stage 4 2000cc injectors dope boy magic remapped tune gameboy color.bin... And everyone gives them the new kid e-swirly pocket check bunny ears push em in a locker boil em mash em stick em in a stew routine... And you may not see it but subconciously your all working together to protect everything you've all worked as a team to build. one by one, post by post, topic by topic and everything else... You all built this together... And your insulted and offended when someone tries to take the real quick shortcut to the top of everest by asking where the elevator is... but what they don't realize or even consider is that they are asking all the people that just spent the last year or more climbing to the top with their bare hands... And now they want to take everything you worked for and just ask if they can have it? You guys probably say "Hell no, your going to put in all the same work I did, or atleast prove your trying before we help you out... we cant get all the time we spent learning this shit back... so why are we about to take all the effort we put in and hand the fruits of our labor over to you for a nice big bite?? f*ck NO!..."

I respect each and every one of you guys and this community isn't done growing. mad respect!

Anyways @k0mpresd You dissected my post and picked out one small example, just an idea of what someone may find useful about the program. Over my past 12 months registered on nefmoto, I've encountered and read many posts authored by you and in the time I've gathered an idea and general understanding of your personal level of skill and experience, your tuning abilities and your overall enthusiasm for the culture here... I personally would have expected you all to embrace the idea of including this in the wiki, as I assumed you all would see these tools for the useful tools they really are...

Actually I think I get it now. As I mentioned above your all very passionate about the community here. It seems like you guys have never really given either of the programs a chance due to the fact they are often referred to as "hacks" and "shortcuts" to get around paying hundreds for a tune or learning how to do it themselves... So consequentially you all do the same as you would with a lazy mooch with no intention of contributing no more to the community here but a mere post "can someone gimmie a tune"... What do you do naturally? just as almost anyone would do. Push it away.

All things considered, You all seem to have placed these applications in the same category as the same type of individuals I've mentioned above... But if you would keep an open mind and allow yourself to give the utilities a chance, you would realize the true potential these applications have and the benefit they could provide your overall workflow. Do you guys honestly think Revo Technik or Freiling-Racing developed these applications for all those idiots on jettajunkie or passatworld or whatever the F it is...? Because you should all realize that they made them for us. Individuals who wish to make a quick change, one tiny little change to fueling to give your tune that last 1 - 2% it was missing standing in the way of a bit of a rough idle and a well-crafted remap... Its made for minor adjustments while on the go, or with only a small window of opportunity to implement your desired changes...

and ding. we have a winner. who needs all those fancy complicated programs, when there is this neat little app, that im not reallllllly sure what it does, but it has + and - buttons so its a lot easier for me to use.

Someone ELSE! might not realllllllly know what it is, but YOU are (I'm pretty sure) probably a lot more experienced in regards to tuning, while someone ELSE who actually thinks what you just wrote, definitely is NOT... YOU should realize that these are applications to assist with individuals such as yourself, who wish to make small adjustments to their tune (which would be made in tiny increments) don't have to go through the process involved in creating a tune from scratch just to implement a small little change... But you all seem to love the idea of making a 0.1/0.2 increase or decrease to a parameter as if you were still in 2003 when this tool didn't exist? gee maybe you'd like to come join me in 2016 where we actually progress and develop more sensible and easier ways to achieve extremely small goals. For instance while someone in the present would prefer to use a 3d printer to develop a model for a concept car, to present to their boss at a very important meeting, but on the other hand, someone like yourself, who likes to work their way through a 10 minute process to increase or decrease a single individual parameter by 1 tiny increment when they acknowledge the same goal can be achieved by a FREE application requiring far less work, to achieve the same exact minuscule objective...  I'm sorry man Embarrassed

My final point in my attempts to open your mind to a very useful tool even to the most advanced tuner, due to mostly to its time saving capabilites not the utterly false and ignorant belief that these are utilities for people who don't know how to tune or noobs when factually they are developed for individuals with tuned files already flashed to their ECU... This IS NOT a tool to make a tune derp... Anyways as I was saying, my final point is that opening your .bin in your tuning application, applying changes, saving your .bin, correcting checksums and reflashing your ECU (if done properly) requires you to stabilize your battery voltage so that your ECU maintains a voltage of atleast 12v throughout the flashing process... When I flash my ECU I pop the hood, hook up my stabilizer as well as my multimeter, set the stabilizer and multimeter to their correct settings for my particular needs at that moment (stabilize, standard & 12v battery load evaluation)... I ensure proper voltage and then open nefmoto, select my desired file, and begin a (average) 4 minute flashing process... All of that to apply a small adjustment/tweak to one parameter? You all realize you can connect to your ECU via the OBD2 port, open unisettings and apply your minor adjustments and get back to logging without the need for stabilizing voltage or worrying about bricking your ECU in the process of reflashing your adjusted file without a method of stabilization... don't you? which is just another example of the list of benfits this utility could provide you with in your recreational tuning workflow... but yeah its probz just for lame n00bs... I get it...

WTF are you guys thinking!?!? I can't believe the ignorance in this topic  Shocked  Huh
I'm done with this discussion I am sorry for wasting your time with such a foolish suggestion.
I sincerely apologize. Enjoy each and every one of your days where ever it is you all are in this mighty big world of ours, I know its a hot one out here in Portland, OR. Somewhere barely under 100 degrees out today!  Shocked

ttyl
-Royce
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:54:42 AM by roycerollz503 » Logged

royce5950

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 11:45:52 AM »

btw, lemmiwinks? welcome to around 2003. now if you'd like to join the rest of us about 13yrs in the future, that would be great.

Wait wait wait... wasn't the platform you've been tuning all this time developed pre-2003? the same platform you've devoted a relatively significant amount of your entire life to learning how to modify...? I initally did a kiss face, I meant Smiley but now I'm going outside. no hard feelings. hence dino.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:47:46 AM by roycerollz503 » Logged

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 11:48:35 AM »

At this point, lemmiwinks should only be documented as much as is required to show that it should not be used in place of proper tuning or fixing a mechanical problem.

Or, alternately, as part of a larger discussion of how ME7 adaptation channels work.

Finally, the s4wiki is editable by anyone.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 12:10:33 PM »

Finally, the s4wiki is editable by anyone.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Don't they need to go through someone beforehand? Verify credibility?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2016, 12:14:50 PM »

I'm not sure I agree with this. Don't they need to go through someone beforehand? Verify credibility?

Does wikipedia require it?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: