Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Lemmiwinks is in the wiki, it would be useful to add unisettings...  (Read 20675 times)
turboat

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 02:24:40 PM »

Does wikipedia require it?

Mind. Blown.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2016, 08:14:58 PM »

Does wikipedia require it?

I don't know, I've never contributed. I also think the info on the S4 wiki might be considered more important.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
hopsis

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2016, 10:18:21 PM »

Lemmiwinks/unisettings is very good and fast for something simple. It's perfect for something like raising/lowering idle rpm's. I'd recommend trying it just so that You know what it is. Read (and understand) the documentation so that You realize how it works, it's not a true map editor, it just messes with the ecu adaptations every time You cycle the ignition.

I'm a bit rusty with Unisettings but the final point is, one should never use it in conjuction with any real map modifications. It's either this or that. Otherwise You'll be forever chasing Your tail when logging.
royce5950

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 06:39:25 AM »

Thats a very good point. Lol, the same day I made this topic I needed to make an adjustment to something small in my tune and in true hypocrite fashion, Opened up my .bin in tuner pro, made my modifications, corrected checksum, went outside, hooked up my battery charger and set it to fast charge then reflashed my ECU with nefmoto. At the end of the day, I never even use either lemmiwinks or unisettings anymore. I could, but my personal workflow preferences don't call for it.

The idea for my recommendation was and is still very simple:

+ Lemmiwinks is in the wiki.
+ Lemmiwinks doesn't support USB or USB via Virtual COM port (Just obd2 port -> plain ol' serial port).
+ Unisettings does all of the same things but its built for USB obd2 cables.
+ If someone felt lemmiwinks would be beneficial to the wiki then I thought it would be just as useful to add a reference to unisettings so individuals who don't have a laptop with a serial port can also have access to all of the same control features lemmiwinks offers but built to function with USB rather than serial.

That concept seems simple to me...
The need for all of the hostility and negativity was absolutely unnecessary:

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 10:15:01 AM »

Finally, the s4wiki is editable by anyone.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
k0mpresd

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 10:36:10 AM »

lol.
hopsis

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2016, 01:10:47 AM »

Heh, I just figured one truly useful use for Unisettings. When doing a Forte flush, like just now, You have keep the revs at 2000rpm or something like that. It gets kind of boring after a while and its difficult to keep your foot steady on the pedal for half an hour.

Just add +1200 to idle rpm and fire away. Still have to sit in the car watching dials and listening noises but at least I can stretch my legs every now and then.
royce5950

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2016, 03:48:44 AM »

You mean like seafoam? Because that actually is a truly brilliant use of the program! did you think of that yourself? If so kudos!!

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
hopsis

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2016, 03:59:24 AM »

Forté, Seafoam, I guess they are basically the same thing. I literally invented this today Smiley
royce5950

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2016, 04:49:34 AM »

Any differences between the two? I may consider using forte on my next flush though the ol' throttle body... I usually use 5/8ths sea foam through the throttle body then I dump the remaining 3/8ths into my oil. After about 3 days of driving I then drain all of the oil+seafoam and follow up with a nice fresh oil change with castrol edge euro blend. Spec for our engines.

hopsis

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 11:35:21 PM »

I have only used the stuff You add to old engine oils before changing new oils and in the Forte instructions it states that You cannot drive the car at all when doing the flush. Don't know about Seafoam, I've never tried it myself.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: