Pages: [1]
Author Topic: meh  (Read 14440 times)
bitmap

« on: August 22, 2016, 03:31:43 AM »

I think you need to read a book about internal combustion engines. This made me lol.
Don't worry I read them all.

So, are you saying that Honda's CVCC, HX engines and that three cylinder in the 1st generation Insight would get better economy at lambda=1 rather than running very lean mixture in cruise?
Or that Atkinson cycle is in fact a load of cr*p?
Or cylinder deactivation is just an Illuminati plot to actually increase fuel consumption of gasoline engines?

Because all of these (among other things) do exactly what I described in my post and you found so entertaining.
I guess that lot of OEM engineers employing this "bogus" technology could also benefit from picking up a book then Smiley
adam-

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 04:34:39 AM »

I haven't read something this good in a while on here.  What a load of unrelated drivel.
cookie44

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 07:42:48 AM »

I haven't read something this good in a while on here.  What a load of unrelated drivel.

Pfft you don't have to tell me twice. Ask for a bit of relevant advice and get nothing but derogatory comments from people I've never even heard of before.
Admittedly there are some very helpful comments and tips but they'll be lost in the relms soon.
All I wanted to know was how to extract the data and how to read it. Now we're on about tdi engines which is all good and well, but it's getting off topic.

So enough about whosclaimed what, just advise me on how to do what I want to do. That would be appreciated.

Thank you

C
k0mpresd

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 09:12:39 AM »

Pfft you don't have to tell me twice. Ask for a bit of relevant advice and get nothing but derogatory comments from people I've never even heard of before.
Admittedly there are some very helpful comments and tips but they'll be lost in the relms soon.
All I wanted to know was how to extract the data and how to read it. Now we're on about tdi engines which is all good and well, but it's getting off topic.

So enough about whosclaimed what, just advise me on how to do what I want to do. That would be appreciated.

Thank you

C

your basic question of "what to do" has been answered about 1000* over again in this and many, many other threads on this board.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 09:20:27 AM »

So, are you saying that Honda's CVCC, HX engines and that three cylinder in the 1st generation Insight would get better economy at lambda=1 rather than running very lean mixture in cruise?
Or that Atkinson cycle is in fact a load of cr*p?
Or cylinder deactivation is just an Illuminati plot to actually increase fuel consumption of gasoline engines?

Those engines/ engine management systems were designed for that type of behavior from the beginning, I would think. I thought we were talking about 4.2 liter Audi engines? Nobody here is denying those strategies work with those engines. This is primarily a VAG site.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Carsinc

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 10:32:30 AM »

I'm going to use smaller words that way these guys may understand.
1, Bitmap you did not increase the economy of the engine by 14% you moved the powerband around so in theory
you were pressing the gas pedal less. Stop your wrong, this site is not full of retards and we aint buying your
snake oil.
2, Op as is has been explained there is very very little room for improvement over your stock file on your car.
As you may know simply raiseing the rev limiter will increase peak HP number because hp is math not measured by
a dyno, But point for point along a dyno pull you aint going to make more than 2-3 hp. sorry.
bitmap

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 10:59:21 AM »

Carsinc: you sir are blinded by your own incompetence.
I don't need to convince anyone about anything and we are plenty off topic already so I won't justify your impertinence with a proper answer and will mind my own business from now on.

Please carry on patting yourselves on the back assuring one another about how utterly impossible certaing things are Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: