Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: xdf amk s3  (Read 17586 times)
Vdub-dub

« on: November 06, 2011, 12:54:13 PM »

xdf file please
thanks
Vdub-dub

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 04:06:25 AM »

Sad
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 05:41:16 PM »

Well, I mean, you could make your own. I'm not trying to sound rude, but I honestly believe if people could get hands on in learning how to define bin, you would gain a lot more knowledge about how things work. Technically you could "tune" a car with someone else's xdf, but how would you know if all the values were correct? Just a suggestion. I know I personally have found great satisfaction in doing my own. And really, its not that hard. The longer I work with hex, the easier it gets. Just my 2 cents, you can take it or leave it. If you do decide to make your own, I'd be more than happy to help with the harder maps, and there's plenty more on here that will do the same;).   Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!!

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
Vdub-dub

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 12:48:00 PM »

Id personally like to do it this way but just don't seem to be having much luck any help would be much appreciated on getting started with tuner pro or winols whatever is better to start with  Smiley
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »

Id personally like to do it this way but just don't seem to be having much luck any help would be much appreciated on getting started with tuner pro or winols whatever is better to start with  Smiley

In my opinion, I like WinOLS, but its not exactly the right way to do it. Tunerpro is good and cheap, but I have not used it. I'm sure that tunerpro has help in the menu, and how to. That's how I learned WinOLS, and am still learning. If you need help with maps/locations I'm more than happy to help, but I'm no professional!

www.MWPropane.com
airtite

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 12:49:11 AM »

as Rob says, I use a combination of winols and tuner pro. The demo version of winols doesnt allow you too save your file after modifying the bin so I use winols too locate maps and then convert the found maps in winols to tunerpro xdf and the modify the maps and save the bin.

this helped me start with winols

http://free-tuning.com/html%20pages/tuning%20guide.html
Vdub-dub

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 07:59:09 AM »

where to start with map locations? with either/both programes
and link above is not working fella?
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 08:59:51 AM »

I think its easier in WinOLS(demo) to find. Open a damos and search through in 2d/text modes. You can line a good damos up against your bin and find stuff pretty easy. After that you can copy the addresses over to tunerpro. If you need help, let me know.

www.MWPropane.com
nokiafix

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »

You could use this as a starting point  http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,1120.0title,.html

I have a usb stick full of S3/TT Damo/a2l files which I need to get uploaded to the forum when I get a min.

IMO ditch the tuned file you have and start from scratch, get your fuel done correct and aim for around 16psi substained to make a base map then work from there.
airtite

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 01:32:15 AM »

sorry that link was valid a couple of days ago..
pedrosousa

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 04:29:56 AM »

I've seen those files, but can't really understand how it works in Ols.... For me the best way to learn OLS it's to download the users manual and practice, I'm not a pro but I can define somethings...
PIC some Damos and another file, use 2d view to identify the maps and you're in the good way...

Vdub-dub:
The files that I've sent you are OLS versions or just .bin files?? I've made some defs in ols, if you want I can share it with you, but I only have it for my ECU
Vdub-dub

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 11:58:25 AM »

I've seen those files, but can't really understand how it works in Ols.... For me the best way to learn
OLS it's to download the users manual and practice, I'm not a pro but I can define somethings...
PIC some Damos and another file, use 2d view to identify the maps and you're in the good way...

Vdub-dub:

The files that I've sent you are OLS versions or just .bin files?? I've made some defs in ols, if you want I can share it with you, but I only have it for my ECU

Yeah pls
Been having a random play about with programs don't just don't seem to be having much luck, dosent help having two young kids messing about while I'm trying to concentrate lol

That remap file I posted was purchased from a so called chip tuner, this is the reason I'd like to learn something new help myself
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 07:55:27 PM »

It took a couple weeks to get the feel for a hex editor, and I am definitely no pro. This link is for WinOLS, but its an ok "how to". Try and give it a read.

https://sites.google.com/site/1810martin/remap-diy-guide

My favorite for findings maps by far is WinOLS 2d mode, I then switch to text mode to refine it. I do this while having a good damos file opened to look at. At some point, things just start to click. (this is of course after many nights of closing my eyes and all I can see is hex, and I'm still no pro!)

www.MWPropane.com
pedrosousa

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 01:35:19 AM »

My favorite for findings maps by far is WinOLS 2d mode, I then switch to text mode to refine it. I do this while having a good damos file opened to look at. At some point, things just start to click. (this is of course after many nights of closing my eyes and all I can see is hex, and I'm still no pro!)

I do it the same way, using 2d and then text mode... It takes lots of time, but it's the best way to learn and edit files!!
airtite

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 07:22:33 AM »

anyone able too locate TVUB and TEMIN in this file?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: