Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: K-Box RS4  (Read 29217 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 05:37:32 PM »

at risk of going far off topic, we have a hard and fast rule here at work: nothing autogenerated ever gets checked into SCM... too hard to maintain merges/branches etc.

this is part of the reason i'm wary of IDEs... they become a requirement to doing anything with the project.

isn't there another way to generate the maven configs? or perhaps a command line utility that can be written to parse some other *human editable* meta config file that can be stored in scm?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 05:43:15 PM »

at risk of going far off topic, we have a hard and fast rule here at work: nothing autogenerated ever gets checked into SCM... too hard to maintain merges/branches etc.

this is part of the reason i'm wary of IDEs... they become a requirement to doing anything with the project.

isn't there another way to generate the maven configs? or perhaps a command line utility that can be written to parse some other *human editable* meta config file that can be stored in scm?

Uhm, the IDE just makes creating the maven configs easier, but you can do the same via maven archetype generation.
It's still meant to be written and modified by hand though, it's not an auto generated file per-se.
And yes, it's pretty obvious that you don't check in auto-generated files into SCM... Don't worry, you could say I've been doing this Java stuff for a few years Smiley

The pom's are very much human editable config files, they define the project, and they should be in SCM.
Here is a short getting-started maven tutorial:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html
Here is a longer one:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/index.html
And here is the pom reference manual:
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »

No I understand that the maven configs are supposed to be human editable; you just implied (or I thought you did) that the only "true" source for a config file should be an IDE..

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 05:49:43 PM »

No I understand that the maven configs are supposed to be human editable; you just implied (or I thought you did) that the only "true" source for a config file should be an IDE..

No, not at all.
The IDE is a convenience tool, the project must build from the command line when checked out from SCM.

Btw, I use Visual Studio for C++, does that make me the antichrist? Cheesy
Sorry.

Log your car properly.
prj

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 06:46:19 PM »

Added folder support, but it's pretty useless since TunerPro only supports labels up to 100'th category and only supports 255 categories in total.
So I just put all the axes into Category 255 and if the map pack contains more than 254 categories, I just don't put them in the XDF.
Perhaps should ask on the TunerPro forums if Mark wants to support more than 255 categories.

Also, I attached a binary to this post, if anyone wants to try out the generator.
All you need to do is download it, then run:
Code:
java -jar xdf-generator-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.one-jar.jar <path-to-kp>
and it will dump the xdf to stdout.
If you want it into a file, run it like this:
Code:
java -jar xdf-generator-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.one-jar.jar mymappack.kp > mydefinition.xdf

Log your car properly.
prj

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 06:47:12 PM »

Oh yea, here's the attachment..

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 06:49:09 PM »

Btw, I use Visual Studio for C++, does that make me the antichrist? Cheesy

LOL. I have no religious bias for one IDE over another because I universally hate all of them, so no, saying "Eclipse" wouldn't change my opinion of your choice of IDEs Smiley

ECUx Plot

carlossus

Leon Curpa Stg1+

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 01:39:44 AM »

@prj
Maybe it would be beneficial to start a new thread for your XDF generator. I bet a lot of people are missing this because of the title!
prj

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 02:32:56 AM »

@prj
Maybe it would be beneficial to start a new thread for your XDF generator. I bet a lot of people are missing this because of the title!
I agree, will do.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: