Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: M3.8.3 Tuning for BAT  (Read 22149 times)
turbojohan

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 01:16:12 PM »

sorry.. forgot it was a M3.8
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2016, 09:20:26 AM »

Johan, it is not ME7 so maybe he needs different maps.  Wink
Jim, maybe you can send Eliotroyano a message, he knows a lot about these older ecu's and he is very helpful.
Did you build the head? I think you want to rev to 9000rpm with this turbo  Grin keep us updated.

Heheh.. I have raised the revlimit to 7500rpm on a non rebuilt head... living on the edge now... Im using an eBay GT3582 journal bearing 0.63 housing.. I gett full boost around  appr.. 4800 rpm. You are correct I would like to rev more.. 9000rpm or something would be awsome.. Thats the next stage.. Tongue 

Right now im having trouble to dial in the fuel KFLF...  Its damn time consuming.. small small changes all the time.. Flash and test... Flash and test.. over and over.. Partial throttle is the worst Sad

Btw.. Stay away from eBay Stage III clutches LOL... clutch is right now as good as an A4 paper..
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 09:27:31 AM by Jim_Coupe » Logged

E85oholic
eliotroyano

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2016, 10:30:52 AM »

Right now im having trouble to dial in the fuel KFLF...  Its damn time consuming.. small small changes all the time.. Flash and test... Flash and test.. over and over.. Partial throttle is the worst Sad

Nice work done there Jim. If you find the relation between load and boost including transition points you can do it really fast. Other tip is to use KFLF map as a requested AFR/Lambda map then adjust basic fuel map to reach requested values. It will become a more intelligent mapping for the future adjustment. Indeed I assume that was Bosch idea behind adjust this old Motronic load based systems.
mbkr89

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 01:02:01 AM »

You found rev limit ?
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2016, 03:27:28 AM »

Nice work done there Jim. If you find the relation between load and boost including transition points you can do it really fast. Other tip is to use KFLF map as a requested AFR/Lambda map then adjust basic fuel map to reach requested values. It will become a more intelligent mapping for the future adjustment. Indeed I assume that was Bosch idea behind adjust this old Motronic load based systems.

Ahaa! Not sure what you mean there.. KFLF is the basic fuel map in my world? You mean that i shall try to find the relation in a spcecific area and then convert it to AFR/Lambda?  Lets say I have Lambda 1.00 in an certain area on my innovate. But in the map i have entered the value 0.879 for example.. Then i convert that to be my KFLF lambda 1.00? im not sure that would work with my injectors they are very unlinear in low rpm area so to speak.. But i might have misundertood this.

//J

E85oholic
eliotroyano

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2016, 04:39:34 AM »

You found rev limit ?

I have seen something that could be but I have not tested or look for more info.

Ahaa! Not sure what you mean there.. KFLF is the basic fuel map in my world? You mean that i shall try to find the relation in a spcecific area and then convert it to AFR/Lambda?  Lets say I have Lambda 1.00 in an certain area on my innovate. But in the map i have entered the value 0.879 for example.. Then i convert that to be my KFLF lambda 1.00? im not sure that would work with my injectors they are very unlinear in low rpm area so to speak.. But i might have misundertood this.
//J

As you may notice this engines does not have a MAP sensor, also tune this ECUs without an real time emulator is a great time consuming procedure. Then as this ECUs uses LOAD (ms) as one of it basic parameters, I think that defining where in LOAD (ms) terms are some specific areas of engine operation, idle, vacuum-boost transition, max boost, etc... makes a lot easier to know what are you looking at, then you can tweak it accordingly. About AFR / Lambda, I think that this old ECUs uses KFLF as a factor map that you could relate to AFR. But I think that this factor is applied to a main fuel injection value or period that finally determins fuel injection opening time so finally AFRs. I think that this approach can help you to speed up tune process.
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 02:30:04 PM »

I have seen something that could be but I have not tested or look for more info.

As you may notice this engines does not have a MAP sensor, also tune this ECUs without an real time emulator is a great time consuming procedure. Then as this ECUs uses LOAD (ms) as one of it basic parameters, I think that defining where in LOAD (ms) terms are some specific areas of engine operation, idle, vacuum-boost transition, max boost, etc... makes a lot easier to know what are you looking at, then you can tweak it accordingly. About AFR / Lambda, I think that this old ECUs uses KFLF as a factor map that you could relate to AFR. But I think that this factor is applied to a main fuel injection value or period that finally determins fuel injection opening time so finally AFRs. I think that this approach can help you to speed up tune process.

Giving life to this thread again.. Its been a looooong horrible winter in many ways here in Sweden. But now im back on track again.

What u say above sounds like a good idea. To calculate what factor is for a given AFR would be nice.. Right now i have simply just been adjusting adjusting again again.. Also good to mention about this is that KFLF cant be adjusted above 1.99. We ran into som problem here an need to rescale the injector constant to a driffrent offset... Thats what i could come up with.. not sure if thats the correct way to go or if i shoul adjust MAF kurve or something else..  But in my mind i make the injector constat abit higher to give more grundmenge and then rescale the whole KFLF map..

Next thing im been thinking about is to make a simple rpm cut with "ing-Dwell" set to "0" over 7500rpm.. The last two rungs will be between 7450 and 7500 taking interporlation in consideration. Would that work u think?

And Next next thing is to make it gargle and pop... I have this on my me7.5 and it bangs like hell no lol.. But where to enable overrun in M3.8.3? And where to edit minimum ign and so on.. Maybe its easier than i think.. Maybe its just to set ign to -48 in some areas and Raise fuel in KFLF in some areas? Any ideas?

E85oholic
eliotroyano

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 05:37:29 PM »

Giving life to this thread again.. Its been a looooong horrible winter in many ways here in Sweden. But now im back on track again.
What u say above sounds like a good idea. To calculate what factor is for a given AFR would be nice.. Right now i have simply just been adjusting adjusting again again.. Also good to mention about this is that KFLF cant be adjusted above 1.99. We ran into som problem here an need to rescale the injector constant to a driffrent offset... Thats what i could come up with.. not sure if thats the correct way to go or if i shoul adjust MAF kurve or something else..  But in my mind i make the injector constat abit higher to give more grundmenge and then rescale the whole KFLF map..

Take in account that KFLF is some percentage based adjustment, then 1.99 represent +99% more fuel. That means that your main injectors constant could be really off.

Next thing im been thinking about is to make a simple rpm cut with "ing-Dwell" set to "0" over 7500rpm.. The last two rungs will be between 7450 and 7500 taking interporlation in consideration. Would that work u think?

Could work but test would tell us last word.

And Next next thing is to make it gargle and pop... I have this on my me7.5 and it bangs like hell no lol.. But where to enable overrun in M3.8.3? And where to edit minimum ign and so on.. Maybe its easier than i think.. Maybe its just to set ign to -48 in some areas and Raise fuel in KFLF in some areas? Any ideas?

I think that overrun function in M383 is quite similar if not something simpler than ME7. Then gargle and pops should work in the same way. You should check similar functions in SA_WE (Schubabschalten/Wiedereinsetzen).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 07:31:34 PM by eliotroyano » Logged
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 11:37:38 PM »

I found SW_WE and some maps are similar to me7 but i dont think my OLS file is very weel defined.. I think i am missing some maps.. Going on hunt for att better ols file..

E85oholic
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2017, 10:14:02 AM »

right now im struggeling with starting the engine when hot.. There are no problems with cold start but as soon as engine gets hot i have to crank as hell to get it to start. I someone could point me to a hot start map that would be super.. I have tried to laborate with crankingfaktor butt no result..

E85oholic
Dropout

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 01:32:03 AM »

Have you tried lowering the values in TLST.0 TLST.1 (startgrundmenge), this fixed mу hot start issues that I had with my 627cc/min bosch injectors.

As to tuning the AFR, I have approached it like you, set the injector constant, adjusted TVUB and then started to tweek KFLF (using wideband), it's a slow process but I've managed to get the car running good (daily driver). Currently I'm running ~14.7 at idle light load, ~12.5-12.0 at low boost and ~10.6-10.7 at WOT (1.5 bar boost still very rich). Having spent a lot of time tuning the AFR I've come to the conclusion that the best way to tune it is to disable O2 correction, dial in the injectors to run lambda 1 with 1.00 values in KFLF (idle, low load), than enable O2 correction and the look at KFLF as % increase in fuel like eliotroyano stated. Ofcourse it's not that easy as you have wall wetting and so on. I haven't tested if the method I outlined will work since my car is my daily driver and I haven't had free time to test.

P.S. Any one know what the map KFLFLAV - Lambdakennfeld Vorsteuerun zur Einstellung von Lambda=1 Betrieb (Lambda control field Pilot control for setting lambda = 1 operation)  does ?

Jim_Coupe

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2017, 01:59:06 PM »

Thanks for the reply i´ll look into those maps...  I actually ran into som problems when adjusting fuel with FGAT0.. My new approach is to scale the MAF according to increase in % and then lower the whole fuel map instead... The only problem (I think) is that ignition will be of..  I have to remap almost the whole damn ECU again... I started tuning with a poor MAF... My MAF brooke totally down and i bought a new MAf the everything was way of the scale Sad

E85oholic
Jim_Coupe

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2017, 11:24:11 AM »

About the maps TLST.0 TLST.1  Should they be lowered if im having problems cranking.. Im feeling a bit lost now... Coldstart is awsome but hotstart is a nightmare..  One more problem is that after reving up the engine the idle runs very rich until its stables..

E85oholic
dragon187

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2017, 04:55:01 AM »

Attach your actual file, I will take a look today evening.
nbdiy

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 05:47:13 AM »

I´ve had good results with KFNSAM- Kennfeld Nachstartanhebung.

If you want to make a tune easier you can replace your load(ms)-values with mbar-valus. Is very  rough, but helps a lot
With original MAF, this will be about 10*Eprom (instead of 0,05).
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: