Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hi new to the forum  (Read 14698 times)
Gezzy

« on: October 03, 2016, 12:09:27 PM »

Hi everyone, name is micheal from south africa, been in the motor mechanic trade for 15 years, own my own bmw and german car workshop and getting a lot of requests for tuned files and this seems to be the best place to get this info.

I have a tuned jetta file from my own car that was done when i bought the car, i was wondering if anyone could help me identifying the maps on this file. see attached file.

Thanks and regards micheal
gman86

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 05:18:43 AM »

SW ver and ORI?
gman86

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 05:28:17 AM »

In fact, it's a TFSI file. It's KFLDHBN. Max pressure ratio. Common for this to be maxxed.
Gezzy

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 10:47:28 AM »

thanks for the info will do some homework.
prj

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »

In fact, it's a TFSI file. It's KFLDHBN. Max pressure ratio. Common for this to be maxxed.

Only common in shit files.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
gman86

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 02:32:36 PM »

Only common in shit files.

Bearing in mind without a shit ton of ASM, it's not possible to request load on these ECUs that will result more than 2550mbar absolute. To run more boost, sacrifices have to be made. Explain how that map could be correctly calibrated with all the load management routines fully active. Thus far, I've not seen it done.
prj

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 03:46:31 AM »

Bearing in mind without a shit ton of ASM, it's not possible to request load on these ECUs that will result more than 2550mbar absolute. To run more boost, sacrifices have to be made. Explain how that map could be correctly calibrated with all the load management routines fully active. Thus far, I've not seen it done.

What does KFLDHBN have to do with 2550mbar?
Go look at the factor for it again and the max value, and then realize yourself that you have no idea what you are on about.

Also, if I want to run more than 2550mbar on this ECU, I run more than 2550mbar on this ECU.
People who can properly tune these cars do not make "sacrifices".

Even if you did it completely backwards, there is nothing stopping you having a correctly calibrated KFLDHBN.
The fact that you have not seen it done, means you have never in your life seen a proper tuned MED9 file..

Not that this 2550mbar stuff matters to the OP in the slightest, as you are never going to hit that on a stock car.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:41:10 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
gman86

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 05:12:40 AM »

What does KFLDHBN have to do with 2550mbar?
Go look at the factor for it again and the max value, and then realize yourself that you have no idea what you are on about.

Also, if I want to run more than 2550mbar on this ECU, I run more than 2550mbar on this ECU.
People who can properly tune these cars do not make "sacrifices".

Even if you did it completely backwards, there is nothing stopping you having a correctly calibrated KFLDHBN.
The fact that you have not seen it done, means you have never in your life seen a proper tuned MED9 file..

Not that this 2550mbar stuff matters to the OP in the slightest, as you are never going to hit that on a stock car.

Agreed the OP is probably not going to hit this limit just now, but I was keen to digress slightly so you could explain what a sane KFLDHBN would look like on a highly tuned file.

I'm talking about the circumvention of the load management system itself. To get and sustain more than 2550mbar you need to hijack PID and drive the duty cycle directly. Again, without some machine level code changes, you're not going to do that with standard Bosch code and load management. So my point is, directly driving the duty cycle is making a sacrifice (for the purposes of running the desired boost). Why is KFLDHBN being moved up and out of the way a shit choice when its impact is going to be limited anyway on a hacked PID?
prj

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 05:54:19 AM »

So my point is, directly driving the duty cycle is making a sacrifice (for the purposes of running the desired boost). Why is KFLDHBN being moved up and out of the way a shit choice when its impact is going to be limited anyway on a hacked PID?

For the final time. KFLDHBN does not limit req. boost, it limits req load.
Please, just stop and read the FR.

Log your car properly.
gman86

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 04:16:24 AM »

For the final time. KFLDHBN does not limit req. boost, it limits req load.
Please, just stop and read the FR.

I know, but what does load then translate into???
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 04:33:50 AM »

cylinder filling

gman86

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 05:16:44 AM »

cylinder filling

I think you know where I'm going with this. Eventually it boils down to requested boost.
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 05:50:54 AM »

That depends on the turbo that has to fill the cylinder, so its not exactly as you put it. A larger turbo will fill the cylinder with less pressure. What is measured to determine the cylinder filling?

prj

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 01:11:48 PM »

I know, but what does load then translate into???
I think you need to re-read what I wrote and then read the FR.

1. KFLDHBN has NO effect on the 2550mbar "issue" whatsoever, as it limits load not boost. It's exactly the same limiter as LDRXN, just expressed differently.
2. 2550mbar "issue" has NOTHING to do with requested load.
Hence why I called you out on your bullshit.

You don't even know the very basics of how this ECU works and you want to discuss 2550mbar limitations? Talk about trying to run before walking.
Get off the forum, go and read the FR and educate yourself. If you ever get WHY you actually can't request more than 2550mbar, then you will see that your claims are ridiculous in retrospective.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:14:21 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 01:15:06 PM »

I think he's saying if you are going to have req boost ride the 2550 limit, you'll need to get HBN out of the way, and using HBN as a safety feature to limit boost (through limiting req load) is pointless.

He's right on both accounts, imo

A better question is: why on earth would you want to ride the 2550 limit?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: