Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME7Logger O2V - What's going on here?  (Read 13341 times)
FlyboyS4

« on: October 30, 2011, 03:14:02 PM »

I've noticed the O2V readings with the ME7Logger seemed higher than what were recorded via ECUx.  I went and did back to back runs using the different logging programs and this was the result.  Any ideas of why this disparity exists?

Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 05:10:40 PM »

On that note, I have also noticed my car can hit 88 mph in second gear according to the logger...  And no, I didn't time travel.  Sad
julex

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 06:39:03 AM »

Unless somehow you logged the same exact run simultaneously on both programs, you can't compare two different runs' o2v and say one program logs in higher...

As to your speed... are you running a tune that was designed for your car or maybe you're running some other "box" tune that might be reading your speed impulse signal differently and giving different speed. What is Vag-com block saying for the speed?
iznogoud

Learning junkie

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 08:56:36 AM »

Hmmmm. That looks pretty consistently different. Sure, different runs would igve you slightly different voltages, but this looks like there is a multiplicative factor error.

OP, can you please check that the conversions in your setup of the ME7Logger are not funny?

I would not expect there to be a conversion of any kind for O2 voltages.

Also, please bring this to setzi's attention via PM.

Audi S4 B5 2000 6sp Cactus Green
Audi A4 B6 Avant 1.8T 2001.5 5sp Santorin Blue
setzi62

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 10:17:55 AM »

I've noticed the O2V readings with the ME7Logger seemed higher than what were recorded via ECUx.  I went and did back to back runs using the different logging programs and this was the result.  Any ideas of why this disparity exists?

Which variable do you log in ME7L, what is the scaling for this variable (in the ecu file)
and which variable uses EcuX for O2V?
setzi62

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 10:20:45 AM »

On that note, I have also noticed my car can hit 88 mph in second gear according to the logger...  And no, I didn't time travel.  Sad
Did you change the conversion factors in the ecu file from km/h to mph?
If not, you had km/h and 88 km/h are 54,6 mph.
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 11:35:05 AM »

Did you change the conversion factors in the ecu file from km/h to mph?
If not, you had km/h and 88 km/h are 54,6 mph.

Man, I feel stupid for not realizing that and should have my man card pulled.
iznogoud

Learning junkie

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 11:38:48 AM »

Man, I feel stupid for not realizing that and should have my man card pulled.

I screw up things like that all the time.

get back to us with what you have found regarding the error that caused this confusion.  For the benefit of all...

Audi S4 B5 2000 6sp Cactus Green
Audi A4 B6 Avant 1.8T 2001.5 5sp Santorin Blue
FlyboyS4

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »

Which variable do you log in ME7L, what is the scaling for this variable (in the ecu file)

I've been using the 'typical' config file that another user posted in your original thread announcing the ME7Logger, so that the output can be easily pulled into the MarkP template.  I'm in the early stages of figuring the program out and I'm simply using what's out there to help me along.

If there's a specific way I can log the car to help narrow down whether or not the difference is arising from my implementation of the program, or the program itself, I'd be happy to, I'll need some guidance on what to do though.  I don't know what you are asking for when you say the scaling of the variable in the ecu file.
phila_dot

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 02:25:39 PM »

I've been using the 'typical' config file that another user posted in your original thread announcing the ME7Logger, so that the output can be easily pulled into the MarkP template.  I'm in the early stages of figuring the program out and I'm simply using what's out there to help me along.

If there's a specific way I can log the car to help narrow down whether or not the difference is arising from my implementation of the program, or the program itself, I'd be happy to, I'll need some guidance on what to do though.  I don't know what you are asking for when you say the scaling of the variable in the ecu file.

When I looked at it I found a few errors in that file. I don't remember O2v being one of them though.

As far as scaling, he is referring to the *.ecu file.

For reference, in my file I am logging usvk(2). It is unsigned (0), normal conversion (0), factor 0.00521569, and offset of 0.2. Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to O2 voltage as I have been logging very specific paths.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 11:37:33 PM »

Flyboy: log both at idle.

If it is a scaling/offset problem, it should be pretty easy to see which is wrong.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 08:13:22 AM »

Here's a sample of the values at idle over a 4 sec span.  For some reason the axis is being cropped out of the gif, this link is to the full image.

http://www.myaudis4.com/frankenturbo/Oct2011/o2vI.gif

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 08:40:39 AM »

Looks like scaling is wrong.

Next step: VCDS Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: