Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Driver problems  (Read 6840 times)
phila_dot

« on: November 10, 2011, 10:32:16 PM »

I finally finished wiring in my ZT-2 and received my USB-DB9 adaptor. I installed the drivers from the disk that came with the cable adapter and went to test it out. Zeitronix data logger worked flawlessly, so I took the next step and fired up ME7L. I got an immediate error that the cable couldn't be found. I had my Zeitronix plugged into the adapter on port 4 and the cable that I always use for logging on port 2 (as I always do). I then tried VCDS which gave me the error, port OK interface not found. I then tried NefMoto, which located my cable and operated perfectly. I came to the conclusion that the driver for the serial adapter replaced or did something to mess up the driver for my kkl cable. I also tried all of the above (minus Zeitronix) with the serial adaptor disconnected and just the kkl cable connected with the same results.

When I first got my kkl cable, I plugged it in and Windows automatically installed the driver that has worked for everything until now.

My next step was to delete the new driver (device manager , uninstall driver) that was installed for the serial adapter. I tested the kkl cable again with the same results. I proceeded to delete the driver for the kkl cable. Next, I plugged the kkl cable in to allow windows to automatically install the driver again,  but after a few minutes of searching it reported that it couldn't find a driver. I downloaded and installed the driver Tony has posted in the Nefmoto software thread and I get the same results still. No ME7L and no VCDS, the cable only works with NefMoto. I haven't tried ECUx, but I assume the results would be the same. I am now using VCDS as my tester.

The cable is displayed as USB serial port in the Windows device manager now, which I don't remember being the case previously. The driver is FTDI, date 10/22/2009, v2.6.0.0.

Does anyone know what else I can do? I now have no logging capabilities.
setzi62

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 04:33:51 AM »

I'm not expecting this to be the source of your problems, but the FTDI
driver seems to be quite old, version 3.2.4 should be the actual one.
phila_dot

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 02:43:30 PM »

So, I got my kkl cable back online. I am not sure exactly what did it because I tried so many different things including installing the latest driver package from FTDI.

Anyone using a serial to usb adaptor with a ZT-2? If so, what driver are you using?

I downloaded the driver from Zeitronix's website and it appears to be the same one that gave me the problem with my kkl cable. Again, it's an executable file and not just a driver.
julex

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 03:03:52 PM »

I use USB-to-serial adapter with zeitronix and KKL cable in parallel BUT what I think saved me is that I am using Prolific chip based one so I've never had any driver snafus.

Specifically this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186149
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:06:03 PM by julex » Logged
phila_dot

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 04:27:49 PM »

Fully functional now. I installed the driver from Zeitronix's downloads and everything is working now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: