Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Can't start Nefmoto software...  (Read 16448 times)
Peter A.

« on: October 06, 2016, 02:28:13 PM »

Hey guys, I just installed the sw from the zip file on here.  Double-clicking on the icon won't open it.  I'm on older laptop running XP SP3.  What gives?  I've used it to flash my allroad ecu few times before but on another laptop, which died. 

Any input appreciated.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 03:18:23 PM »

As pointed out several times in other threads, check your .NET runtime

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Peter A.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 08:27:52 PM »

Thanks for responding, however, my original search didn't return much...and now searching for ".NET runtime" returns no results.  Can you please point out specific thread or what to look for/do?  I'm bigger IT nOOb than understanding engine mgmt.  Google is pretty vague with results on this too.
adam-

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 01:14:23 AM »

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=.net%20runtime

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Did you Google?
Peter A.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 05:12:55 AM »

I did...this is what came up.  Like I said, I'm not a computer person so I was looking for .NET runtime, not .NET framework. So, I need to download .NET Framework compatible with XP?? Sorry guys, but I just trying to get this going back.  My allroad tags expired back in May and I'm working with Aaron to reflash it back to stock in order to pass IL emissions.  Can't register the car without it.  I've flashed it before using the software and his instructions but that laptop died.  I'll look into this more, but if you can clarify just a bit more I'd appreciate.
Peter A.

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 05:42:51 AM »

So I just downloaded .NEt framework 4 for windows XP, restarted, still Nefmoto not opening.  It's gotta be something simple I'm missing.
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 07:21:57 AM »

Uninstall and reinstall nefmoto as administrator, with the .net on your xp it should work.

Peter A.

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 08:49:45 AM »

Tried that, no luck.  Just to clarify, installing as admin is nothing special on XP...I'm simply logged in as myself, the only user setup.  Or am I missing something there?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 09:47:46 AM »

So I just downloaded .NEt framework 4 for windows XP, restarted, still Nefmoto not opening.  It's gotta be something simple I'm missing.

I believe Nefmoto requires 3.5

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Peter A.

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 10:26:36 AM »

Installed 3.5, re-installed Nefmoto, still no-go. Am I supposed to remove 4 that I ran earlier??
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 10:30:49 AM »

Installed 3.5, re-installed Nefmoto, still no-go. Am I supposed to remove 4 that I ran earlier??

Shouldn't matter.. but you can try.

ECUx Plot

Peter A.

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 10:34:48 AM »

Just removed it, no difference.  Stupid question, but I don't need to be connected to the ecu for the app to open, right? 
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 11:35:58 AM »

No, it should run without any ecu or cable attached.

Peter A.

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 01:08:36 PM »

Man, I feel like I'm hitting a dead wall here. I don't know what else to try.  I've been dragging this issue since May.  The car failed emissions, so we tried another file, that didn't work, then I was supposed to load stock file but my laptop died.  I had to rebuild one I had, so that took a while, and now I can't open the software.  Ugh.  I'll ping a "computer" buddy this weekend I suppose.  Thank you, guys!  Hope to be back for some tuning questions perhaps.
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 07:05:53 AM »

Tried to install the Galetto software instead? If it is only to rewrite a map, the rip off Galetto is just as good as anything. Just a bit slower and looks less appealing in my opinion. A custom download is available on this website.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: