Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IF i adapt an immo2 ecu to my immo3 car, can i still swap to the imm03 ecu?  (Read 6141 times)
up50lut3

hey guys

So here i sit with an old upsolute( LoL) ecu and i currently am waiting on my other ecu to be mailed back.. now i know how to do the adapt with the cluster and everything but what im wondering is will there be an issues when i go back to puting my oroignal ecu back in?   Better explination:

Car- IMM03 with immo3 ecu
Swap IMMO3 ecu for IMMO2 ecu, adapt( login with immo3 skc)
Issues When I swap back to ORIG-IMMO3 ECU?

thanks!
EuroXs4

You shouldnt have any issues.As long as you didnt wipe the ecu clean or flash a different files to it your good to go.
Carsinc

Immo delete all the ecus, Problem solved.
hopsis

If You just delete IMMO from ecu, the car will start but You will have the annoying blinking immo light on the cluster. Just did this to an A6 a couple of moths ago. Swapped newer IMMO3 cluster to replace a broken IMMO2 cluster, adapted with VCDS. The ECU is still the original but all in all, it's the same operation.
_nameless

If You just delete IMMO from ecu, the car will start but You will have the annoying blinking immo light on the cluster. Just did this to an A6 a couple of moths ago. Swapped newer IMMO3 cluster to replace a broken IMMO2 cluster, adapted with VCDS. The ECU is still the original but all in all, it's the same operation.
Only if you are using a unpaired key. Just swapping ecus wont do that

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
macxxx

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 05:20:34 AM »

Marty the keys remain the same , no need to change key immo capsules - i did the same thing as hopsis described many times ( changing a immo2 cluster to immo3 cluster )

Probably when changing a immo3 ecu to immo2  as written in first post it wont be as easy. Maybe save cluster dump and after converting back to immo3 ecu rewrite back the cluster dump...

Or if the ecu swap is temporary for a moment turn the immo off....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: