Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Can't log uushk2_w for wideband sensor in ME7L  (Read 16361 times)
B56

« on: October 19, 2016, 07:58:58 AM »

Hi all,

i am running an M box ecu

i wired up a zeitronix WB sensor to bank 2 using the brown plug and edited my .ecu and .cfg files to reflect the following below.

added the below to my ecu file:
;Name,    {Alias},                        Address,  Size, Bitmask, {Unit},        S, I,            A,     B, Comment
uushk2_w, {O2SVoltageSensorWB}, 0x381114,    2,  0x0000, {WB-AFR} , 0, 0, 0.009766, -9.6, {}

added the below to my cfg file:
;Name      [Alias]                     
uushk2_w   AFR-WideBand

When I try to log, ME7L returns an error message saying: "the log variable 'uushk2_w' is not defined in the characteristics file d:\ME7L\ecus\my_test.ecu

One thing to point out is my ecu file was called test.ecu, NOT my_test.ecu. im not sure why its looking for an ecu file prefixed with my_. I tried changing the name of the ecu file and updating the cfg file accordingly and when i log it will still give the same error with the file starting with my_

If i add the ; back to the uushk2_w line in the config file, the log will work properly.

I also want to point out that uushk_w or uushk2_w was not in my ecu file. so i manually added the entire line. not sure if it should have been there and i all would have had to do was edit the address, factor and offset or if it is normal for it to not be there.

I also tried logging bank1 with uushk_w and get the same error message.

Any ideas?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:26:00 AM »

Aliases do not go in the cfg file.

add a ; before your alias.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
B56

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 11:19:31 AM »

Aliases do not go in the cfg file.

add a ; before your alias.

I edited both cfg and ecu files correctly, i believe.

cfg file:
uushk2_W          ;{O2SVoltageSensorWB}               ; {}

ecu file:
uushk2_w        , {O2SVoltageSensorWB}              , 0x381114,  2,  0x0000, {WB-AFR}  , 0, 0,     0.009766,   -9.6, {}

If i add the ; before the uushk2_w in the config file, ME7L wont log it, i need to remove that in order to log. I simply copied the format/layout of the existing entries on both files when i edited them.

I have a feeling that the issue is either related to my tune, with how my rear o2's were coded out OR the address for the brown connector: Address : 0x381114 is not correct for some reason on my ecu. not sure where to go from here.

B56

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 11:54:12 AM »

Quick question: should the name be uushk2_w or uuhsk2_w? I'm seeing both described in different threads on the internet and not sure if people are just typing it incorrectly when they post or if they are 2 different names.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 12:09:52 PM »

If i add the ; before the uushk2_w in the config file, ME7L wont log it, i need to remove that in order to log. I simply copied the format/layout of the existing entries on both files when i edited them.

; comments out the rest of the line.

I have a feeling that the issue is either related to my tune, with how my rear o2's were coded out OR the address for the brown connector: Address : 0x381114 is not correct for some reason on my ecu. not sure where to go from here.

No, there is something else wrong here. ME7L is likely not using the .ecu file you think you are editing.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 12:11:46 PM »

uushk, sonde hinter kat.
have you tried to locate my_test.ecu and edit that one?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:14:19 PM by TijnCU » Logged

B56

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 12:17:36 PM »

uushk, sonde hinter kat.

Ok thanks, I am using uushk, so that is not the issue.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 12:21:02 PM »

btw .ecu files live in ecus\, .cfg files live in logs\.

If you are editing an .ecu file in the logs\ directory, ME7L will NEVER see it.

ECUx Plot

B56

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 12:21:19 PM »

uushk, sonde hinter kat.

yes, i looked in the ecus folder and it was not there. i copied the .ecu file i was using a renamed it my_test.ecu and it still did not work. I forget the message i recieved, but it still didnt work.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 12:24:09 PM »

yes, i looked in the ecus folder and it was not there. i copied the .ecu file i was using a renamed it my_test.ecu and it still did not work. I forget the message i recieved, but it still didnt work.

That makes no sense. If my_test.ecu was NEVER in the ecus folder, ME7L would not have even launched in the first place.

I can't make head or tail of your problem; none of it makes any sense, nor does your description of what you are trying to do to fix it.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 12:25:32 PM »

zip up the whole directory (with subdirectories) and post it.

ECUx Plot

B56

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 12:35:09 PM »

zip up the whole directory (with subdirectories) and post it.

I will do this tonight when i het home.

let me clarify what the problem is and what i have done to try and fix it.

1) I edited my .ecu file called kmh 27.ecu and added the line for uushk2_w as described above

2) I edited my .cfg file by adding uushk2_w and i uncommented the line by removing the ; so it would be a logged variable

3) i pressed the log button on ME7L GUI interface and recieved the error message: "the log variable 'uushk2_w' is not defined in the characteristics file d:\ME7L\ecus\my_kmh 27.ecu"

4) I noticed in the error message that ME7L was looking for an ecu file named: my_kmh 27.ecu. this was not the ecu file i edited or the ecu file that my .cfg file is referencing.

5) I manually copied the kmh 27.ecu in the \ecus folder and renamed the copied file my_kmh 27.ecu thinking that me7L would then find the file and log uushk2_w. it did not work.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:02:08 PM by B56 » Logged
B56

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 12:39:32 PM »

here the cfg and ecu files that i happen to have on hand right now. Not sure if is of much use to anyone.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2016, 02:06:30 PM »

4) I noticed in the error message that ME7L was looking for an ecu file named: my_kmh 27.ecu. this was not the ecu file i edited or the ecu file that my .cfg file is referencing.

Dude.

From your .cfg file below

Code:
[Configuration]
ECUCharacteristics = kmh 27.ecu
SamplesPerSecond   = 20

Anyway, dont use the GUI if you are trying to debug config file issues, it has all sorts of stupid hardcoded things in it.

Try command line FIRST.

Also, if you must use a front end, use ME7VisualLogger, not ME7GUI

It is DEFINITELY not reading the ecu file you think it is.

Remove ALL of them except the one you want, and see if it still works.

Finally, uushk2_W != uushk2_w
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 02:11:37 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

B56

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 04:02:26 PM »

I will try using the visual logger to see if that clears this up.

But just so you dont think im crazy....when i un comment the uushk2_w on the cfg file, the logger looks for a different ecu file, one that was never created. If i add back the ; in the cfg file so uushk2_w so it is not logged the logger will work and it uses the correct kmh 27.ecu file. 

In summary, the logger looks for an ecu file that i never created when trying to log a variable that i manually added to the ecu file.

I'll try the visual logger and report back
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: