Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trying to nail down a cutting, sputtering, backfiring issue at higher boost  (Read 4921 times)
groveguy89

So I have a 6 speed 2001 2.7T A6 that used to be a TIP car. The car has stock hardware aside from downpipes. The donor 6 speed car came with an "EVOMS" stage 1 ECU that I have no way of verifying is real. Once I got the manual  swap done I found that under load the car randomly sputters,bucks and backfires- but records zero misfires. I flashed back to a stock m-box file and got some logs and the only thing I can find is that msdk_w doesnt seem very linear compared to mshfm_w. Dont really know if this is significant or not but I'm about at wits end. Thanks in advance for any halp!

Sidenote:Logging with ME7L seems to cut out radomly with this vehicle.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:38:55 AM by groveguy89 » Logged
groveguy89

So I have a 6 speed 2001 2.7T A6 that used to be a TIP car. The car has stock hardware aside from downpipes. The donor 6 speed car came with an "EVOMS" stage 1 ECU that I have no way of verifying is real. Once I got the manual  swap done I found that under load the car randomly sputters,bucks and backfires- but records zero misfires. I flashed back to a stock m-box file and got some logs and the only thing I can find is that msdk_w doesnt seem very linear compared to mshfm_w. Dont really know if this is significant or not but I'm about at wits end. Thanks in advance for any halp!

Sidenote:Logging with ME7L seems to cut out radomly with this vehicle.

Grrrr...for some reason it wont let me attach logs, I know this is useless without them-says "Request entity too large" when only attempting to attach one log file that is well below the maximum size. Is there something I'm doing wrong by chance?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6iPiGIPHGp8U2VGclNKX0JobzQ
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 11:15:35 AM by groveguy89 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

try zipping it first, or start/stop your log so that the log is smaller.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
SB_GLI

I had an issue attempting to upload a 500kb image this morning (when I've done the same thing countless times in the past).  I think there's a server issue.
groveguy89

try zipping it first, or start/stop your log so that the log is smaller.
Can you guys access the google drive file? Also tried zipping. Sorry log is a little large, I wanted three solid pulls to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Edit:Zip worked thanks nyet!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 11:29:32 AM by groveguy89 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

Not reading misfires doesn't mean much.

Check plugs, icm, coilpacks, etc.

Log o2 sensors.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
groveguy89

Log o2 sensors.

Forgot to mention- plugs are all new BKR7E's gapped at 0.028 just noticed a slight misfire at idle so ill check that, tried swapping with known good ICM's, swapped a known good FPR, the N75, fuel pump, filter and upstream o2 sensors are all new (within last 30 miles). Boost leak tested and couldnt find any leaks at 20psi. There are also currently no rear o2's in the car since I intend to leave them out after I get this sorted out. Will re-log with o2's and check back. Thanks Smiley
groveguy89

Log o2 sensors.

Logged with both the "EVOMS" file and stock file but apparently I didn't save config before logging. I'll use nyet's list and re-log in a bit. Stock file doesn't sputter or buck or anything but still feels a bit off. In the "EVOMS" log the bucking was happening right about where actual drops below specified boost.

Edit:Merp just noticed misfires in non-stock log
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 02:37:31 PM by groveguy89 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: