Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reading a 24C04 from a Valeo 6X0953257 Immobiliser 3 Box  (Read 3869 times)
Zenerdiode

« on: November 04, 2016, 11:10:15 AM »

I'd like to read the EEPROM from the above immobiliser box, but I'm struggling a bit. Is it possible just clipping the EEPROM (I've been trying with PonyProg and an SI-Prog interface). If possible, does the Immo box have to be powered; or will the 5V from the SI-Prog interface work to power the EEPROM without trying to power MCU on the board? My general soldering skills are excellent - but I don't have very much SMD experience at all. Thanks.
Zenerdiode

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 01:50:26 PM »

I've managed. When I couldn't get it to work I was using a VM on a Windows 7 machine; I found my old Compaq with WinXP and a proper RS232 port and PonyProg has worked fine. For anyone else who'd like to do this, 'clipping' the EEPROM while still soldered to the board works fine for read and write operations.
jamesr

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 06:59:56 PM »

I'd like to read the EEPROM from the above immobiliser box, but I'm struggling a bit. Is it possible just clipping the EEPROM (I've been trying with PonyProg and an SI-Prog interface). If possible, does the Immo box have to be powered; or will the 5V from the SI-Prog interface work to power the EEPROM without trying to power MCU on the board? My general soldering skills are excellent - but I don't have very much SMD experience at all. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: