Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 63
Author Topic: ME7 EEPROM programmer  (Read 856526 times)
ArgDub

« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2012, 09:49:26 PM »

Error 0x07 is time out. Are you reading in boot mode or obd?
SteveAR

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2012, 05:23:24 AM »

Reading in OBD mode.  I don't think it's the fault of your application though. 
I'm using a blue ebay-special OBD cable.  I noticed that when I use it to connect to the ECU with VCDS lite, it was dropping the connection quite a bit.   I did switch over to a boost box (to get a nice clean DC voltage) and was able to get 2 good reads out of 4.  So I believe my power supply had too much AC ripple which made the ECU/OBD cable flaky.
 Anyway, it pulled the SKC and the result matched what vag commander pulled.  I should have a clean .bin pull.  I downloaded the NEFmoto software but don't see where I can open the .BIN to look at it.  Is that the right choice of software to view the .bin?   I also noticed that even if I use the -b switch and put in a lower baud rate (like 9600) the application still reports it's connecting at 10400.

Do you think the timeout could  be because it's reading a 8kb IC(95080) and not a 4kb (95040)?  Since I got a couple good reads I'm guessing no but thought I 'd throw that out there.
ArgDub

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2012, 07:04:41 AM »

The baud rate option is for boot mode only. Baud rate while connecting with kwp1281 protocol is fixed by the ecu at 10400.

Tool won't work in bootmode without some changes, just checked the 95080 datasheet and found differences with 95040 on the 'Read from Memory Array' instruction format.

Do you think the timeout could  be because it's reading a 8kb IC(95080) and not a 4kb (95040)?  Since I got a couple good reads I'm guessing no but thought I 'd throw that out there.
I'm more inclined to think that the problem lies in your bench setup.
SteveAR

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2012, 03:26:27 PM »

ah lame.  Guess I'm back to reading/writing via a chip programmer.  No biggie I guess.  What can I open my BIN with?
mush

« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2012, 06:09:37 AM »

Hmm...

im having problems with this. Everytime i open it up i just get a mesage that the command --OBD is not recognised as an internal or external command.

Anyone shed any light on my failings

SteveAR

« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2012, 07:16:10 AM »

Can you post the EXACT command that you're trying?
E.G. this works for me:

ME7_95040 --OBD -r -p 4 test.bin

Run the app / OBD mode / READ / port 4 / file name=test.bin

It wouldn't work for me if OBD was lowercase (obd) which is weird.

Try just running ME7_95040 and it will list all of the valid commands.  Did you download the latest version?
ArgDub

« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2012, 09:27:23 AM »

Command line arguments follows the posix convention, that means they are case sensitive as Steve pointed out.

Btw, Steve, I don't have a 4Z7907551S to test, but if you are interested I'll work with you to fix any compatibility issues.
SteveAR

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2012, 12:05:21 PM »

Command line arguments follows the posix convention, that means they are case sensitive as Steve pointed out.

Btw, Steve, I don't have a 4Z7907551S to test, but if you are interested I'll work with you to fix any compatibility issues.

Thanks, I appreciate that.  I'm going to iron out my bench setup before I bend your ear any more.  I will report back.  Right now I can't get my ebay cable to connect to my ECU via vcds lite anymore (something that was working well a few days ago) so something's definitely up with my setup.  I bought some capacitors to put on my DC output, hopefully to absorb any AC ripple in my supply. I'm also going to shorten all my bench wires and get rid of the redundant connections.
  Incidently, I also have a vag + K type cable (from EBAY) which I can't even initiate communications with and a real-deal ross-tech cable.  However the ross-tech doesn't show up as a PORT in my device manager so I don't know how to use it from the command prompt.  I don't think the ross-tech can be used as a dummy cable like the EBAY ones.
SteveAR

« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2012, 02:19:38 PM »

Ok, made some good progress today. (better than I thought) Cleaned up power and wiring, switched to a different cable and I'm back to getting consistent reads from the ECU.  I was also able to get into Boot Mode on my first try. (today)  Can't find where the log file is (if it exists) so here's a screen shot of what was returned. I think this will mean more to you than me, might have to do with the 95080 IC instead of 95040?

eliotroyano

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2012, 07:42:29 PM »

Great software friend, will be awesome if it can be updated for other serial eeproms like 24Cxx or other Motronic versions. Really useful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ArgDub

« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2012, 08:26:25 PM »

Steve, great work cleaning up the wiring. Try with last version (1.31), I see you are using v1.30.

Great software friend, will be awesome if it can be updated for other serial eeproms like 24Cxx or other Motronic versions. Really useful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as the ECU uses a C166 uP, I see no problem to extend support for other EPROMs. What ecu you have in mind?
eliotroyano

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2012, 05:31:21 AM »

Steve, great work cleaning up the wiring. Try with last version (1.31), I see you are using v1.30.
As long as the ECU uses a C166 uP, I see no problem to extend support for other EPROMs. What ecu you have in mind?

Undecided Undecided I was looking for 06A906018xxx ECUs but mine 018CG M383 one uses an Intel AN87C196KR.
SteveAR

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2012, 05:11:05 PM »

Well I'll check back in 3 or 4 days.  Fried my test ECU with static. Can't talk to the ECU with any cable/program.   :-( ahh wall-to-wall carpeting  F me
realt3

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2012, 11:51:47 PM »

Hi does any body have a L box, well 4B0 907 551 L stock eeprom bin? Can read and write eeprom just can't connect to flash stock bin to get un bricked... Sad
SteveAR

« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2012, 06:29:16 PM »

Well I'll check back in 3 or 4 days.  Fried my test ECU with static. Can't talk to the ECU with any cable/program.   :-( ahh wall-to-wall carpeting  F me

Tada!!

Successfully read the EEPROM, then brought the ECU up in boot mode and wrote the same file back to it.  Not bad. 

Now, only problem I have is I've been able to connect to two different ECU's with my bench harness setup, but when I attempt to connect to the ECU in my car, I get repetative time-outs.  So I can't get a read from my working ECU to flash to my "new" ECU. I'd prefer to not pull my good ECU from my car and connect it to my bench flash setup in case something should go wrong.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 63
  Print  

Jump to: