Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: Boost PID tuning for noob  (Read 56466 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 05:56:35 PM »

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Boost_PID
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6695.msg75036#msg75036

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 08:48:27 PM »

kfldimx axis defined incorrectly, its started with 250hpa
you should not touching values at factory boost levels when you running stock wg
remove a few lower axis values (1 or 2), move factory map data according to this and add new boost levels with a new values.
like this

250 350 500 900 1100 ->  250 500 900 1100 1300

just slightly rise them. no rocket science when tweaking stock turbos
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 11:11:13 PM by fukenbroken » Logged
dv-008

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 02:58:13 AM »

kfldimx axis defined incorrectly, its started with 250hpa
you should not touching values at factory boost levels when you running stock wg
remove a few lower axis values (1 or 2), move factory map data according to this and add new boost levels with a new values.
like this

250 350 500 900 1100 ->  250 500 900 1100 1300

just slightly rise them. no rocket science when tweaking stock turbos

correct, the axis are bad defined, start at 15D44
with values: 250 300 330 470 750 900 980 1100
Dave9n3

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2016, 03:19:03 PM »

Thanks guys - Axis changed and then shifted along one so it now starts at 300 and ends at 1300 (1300 hPa being around 19psi right?)

I took some more logs this evening and something doesn't look right with miist_w - It can also be seen on my actual engine load, it stays flat for a good while and then there's a fairly big dip and I'm not sure whats causing it. I'm not getting any timing oscillations as i would expect to see if it was torque monitoring. I believe miist_w t be the output of KFMIOP corrected by lambda and ignition angle efficiency?

I have modified IOP axis to suit my new max specified load in LDRXN, I have also allowed more load via KFMIRL. Maybe this means i need to tweek my IOP? I've read a fair bit of conflicting info regarding IOP, some people seem to change the values in the table as well as the load axis, and I've seen some people say to the values in the table stock and just increase the load axis. I personally changed the last 3 load axis values and the values in the table for those load axis values to line up with the higher values in IRL. Kind of gone off topic but cant imagine it'll be helping if my torque model isn't right.

4th gear log attached
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 03:21:20 PM »

You're requesting way too much boost up top for your hardware.

Look at your WGDC and lde.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Dave9n3

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2016, 03:41:37 PM »

Should really reduce LDRXN higher up then since I'll never be able to reach those. I can see from the PID I adaptions they're rising so that means underboost - which is expected as my requested is literally unreachable for my hardware that high up in the rev range. Will reduce this so my wastegate DC isn't sat at 95% for ages lol.

Do you think miist_w looks right or is there probably something up. That big drop in my engine load just doesn't look nice  Undecided
Dave9n3

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 08:18:02 AM »

Got some more logs with a slightly modified LDRXN (requesting less at top end of the revs) KFLDIMX axis has been shifted so my top value is 1300mBar also. For some reason I'm seeing a dip in my requested boost but not really sure why this is. VVT is inactive so it shouldn't be that causing it. KFLDHBN is at 3 across the board so that wont be limiting it. KFTARX is stock however my intake temps didn't get above 15 deg c.

No torque intervention either as I switched it off to rule it out being that in this log so im not sure what else could be causing it.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2016, 03:37:53 PM »

Log ARMD

ECUx Plot

Dave9n3

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 12:57:04 AM »

I've removed ARMD as it's always caused issues even with low levels of boost so I'm not sure what could be causing it. I will double check but I'm 99.9% sure I've already removed it.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2016, 02:33:36 AM »

I see zero torque intervention or armd. Neither interfere with req boost, regardless. Anyway, that last log looks really good.

I wouldn't disable torque intervention, nor would I disable armd entirely.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:35:55 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 02:39:27 AM »

KFTARX is stock however my intake temps didn't get above 15 deg c.

req boost changes with intake temp even with flat KFTARX. I wouldn't worry about it. In theory, there is a (not flat) KFTARX that can 1:1 counteract the load->boost dependency on intake temp, but it would take a bit of effort to calculate.

ECUx Plot

Dave9n3

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2016, 03:44:38 AM »

Thanks Nyet - I will re activate TM soon, and i'll numb ARMD rather than removing totally. I just disabled it as a way to determine if that was or wasn't the problem.

I'm thinking i either have an issue with KFLDIMX or my calibration of IOP and IRL since I get a weird surging sometimes at part throttle.

Other than that I'm feeling happy so far, the dip in the boost is a bit annoying as i can feel it when at WOT, its not severe but it would be nice to have a smoother curve. Does KFLDIMX affect the requested boost at all?

Glad I have no CF's though, means there's more to come Tongue

I may try to re tune IOP and IRL by doing some linear interpolation in excel, just because from what i remember with my LDRXN I was quite close to miszul with the LDRXN I have, maybe that would sort the surging.

I'd really like to add some more variables to log, ones that didn't come up automatically though i have no idea how to add them - i know you have a list of extras on your github Grin
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2016, 11:46:58 AM »

i know you have a list of extras on your github Grin

You'll have to learn how to disassemble or find somebody willing to locate those for your file for you.

ECUx Plot

Dave9n3

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2016, 12:05:15 PM »

Maybe one day  Embarrassed haha. I forgot to shift the map data when I changed the KFLDIMX axis. At the moment I get some part throttle boost surging around 3k rpm between 5-10psi on the gauge. Hoping when I shift the map data it'll sort itself out
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2016, 12:09:09 PM »

Maybe one day  Embarrassed haha. I forgot to shift the map data when I changed the KFLDIMX axis. At the moment I get some part throttle boost surging around 3k rpm between 5-10psi on the gauge. Hoping when I shift the map data it'll sort itself out

Part throttle surging usually isn't related to IMX.

Depending on your setup, the only part throttle surge that is map related is if your wgs are significantly tighter than stock, and the ECU doesn't know to use throttle for part throttle at boost higher than stock wg cracking.

If, on the other hand you are getting surging at WOT, it is something obvious like too much IMX too low.

Log.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:11:01 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: