Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Boost PID tuning for noob  (Read 56433 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2017, 02:56:24 PM »

Bingo.

But I'd bring requested boost down above 4500 and ilimit to 100% so 95% isn't ever required (and you aren't riding the ilimit); you want some overhead, otherwise when you ride the i limit the pid Q and P terms will make your dc choppy.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 02:59:56 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Dave9n3

« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2017, 03:04:04 PM »

That's the job for tomorrow sorted then Smiley can now maybe add some timing, kept it pretty low for obvious reasons and nice and rich!

I'll also post some pictures of what I changed, that way someone else can benefit from this thread. Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to helping me in this thread really appreciate your time! I'm super  happy with how it drives now - Just feels like it's pulling constantly  Grin
Manu_BTS

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2017, 08:47:54 AM »

Nice thread!

Just one question, do you have the intake resonator installed? Sometimes produces overshoots when it is fully filled, at this moment the pressure returns to the TB housing making a little overshoot.
4ringpieces

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2017, 01:37:51 PM »

Interested to see how much you used Q2 to correct the dip
Dave9n3

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2017, 05:46:19 PM »

Pics attached as requested, to be honest I don't know if I've done it the right way but hopefully someone else can take a look and tell us if it's ok or not. Pics of stock and tweaked version of q2

I've also attached a recent log, where the problem is still present but no where near as bad, so maybe some more q2 is needed.

I also fitted some 386cc injectors to give me some more headroom/safety which is nice, was running the stock 317cc with a 4 bar fpr so not a massive gain but maybe less strain on the fuel pump because i was able to go back to a 3 bar fpr - that always has to be a bonus surely?

Timing is quite high and it goes very well so far, I realise I'm squeezing the little k03s quite a lot but its a nice challenge to see what I can make it do I feel.
4ringpieces

« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2017, 03:45:06 AM »

Thought the axis of the Q2 was LDE error?

I've adjusted the lower rows 100-200 with good success
Dave9n3

« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2017, 03:19:52 AM »

Thought the axis of the Q2 was LDE error?

I've adjusted the lower rows 100-200 with good success

Whoops lol! more understanding needed haha. Ive just set it back to stock and started adjusting for the lower lde axis values, seemed to make a small difference but not perfect yet!
in_motion

« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2017, 12:37:56 PM »

Hi Everyone

I have a question, what can cause that big boost spike 18PSI at peak, and then everything back to normal. This is stock map i only calibrated KRKTE for the bigger injectors...
A4 b7 1.8t BFB with k03S, de-cat.

Should i try to fix that spike with KFLDIMX/ KFLDRL? Or this is a hardware issue?
Also that big spike started happening after i perform full engine decarbonisation, this is the method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHQHwiQ1Yo

Thanks.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2017, 12:40:50 PM »

It's probably only "ok" (I use that term loosely) because the throttle plate is closing from overboost (you didn't log it so I'm just guessing).

Likely you have a torn WG or busted N75.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
in_motion

« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2017, 03:03:15 AM »

It's probably only "ok" (I use that term loosely) because the throttle plate is closing from overboost (you didn't log it so I'm just guessing).

Likely you have a torn WG or busted N75.

Nyet, i've tried to disconnect the N75 and it result with no spike nor boost at all (~0.3) bar.
Connected back and spike come again ~1.1bar. So maybe the torn WG is the issue?

But in any case my fuel trims are around 1% so i'm pretty sure that i do not have any leaks.
Also no CEL.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2017, 03:07:40 AM »

Nyet, i've tried to disconnect the N75 and it result with no spike nor boost at all (~0.3) bar.
Connected back and spike come again ~1.1bar. So maybe the torn WG is the issue?

That sounds more like a bad n75

ECUx Plot

vwaudiguy

« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2017, 01:09:01 PM »

That sounds more like a bad n75

I've had a handful of cars exhibit this behavior with old N75's. Seems the response time slows as they age, which causes the spike.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
in_motion

« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2017, 01:19:26 PM »

Issue resolved. Old N75 was the issue, replaced with the brand new revision "E". No more spike and turbo feels much more responsive on low RPM.

Thanks.

I've had a handful of cars exhibit this behavior with old N75's. Seems the response time slows as they age, which causes the spike.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2017, 03:56:15 PM »

Glad you got it sorted! In particular, thanks for keeping us updated.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: