Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Un-Bricking help  (Read 6179 times)
b4A4nowA6

« on: November 17, 2016, 11:55:08 PM »

Hello guys, I know its been awhile but i had to put in some mechanical work for some time. I am super frustrated because I have bricked another ecu I thought the first 2 were because I did not have the car hooked up to another power source. I tried Everything to get this in bootmode and even tried bench flashing.

When I turn the key, there is a loud clicking sound that comes from the front end ( sounds like the Throttle body maybe) and the car will just start and die if I try to start it. When it does this, it will not allow me to read any device attached to the OBD port and computer. Is there anyone here that can UN-brick an ecu and give me a hand? Do i need new chips and stuff>? Or just get a new ecu?

Thanks for the help
adam-

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 12:59:06 AM »

Start and die is immo.

No comms is checksum error.  How are you editing your maps; what definition file and what bin are you using?  Do they match?  How are you flashing?  Have you added NLS/AL?
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 01:04:32 AM »

How can you bootmode it without bench flashing Huh
You take it out of the car, bootmode the ecu, and then you flash it with Galetto or some other tool that does bootmode flashing. Why is the ecu bricked? Did you fail at flashing? If you did not work on the software, it is not bricked.

To me, this sounds more like a hardware malfunction/fried ecu...

b4A4nowA6

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 09:20:23 AM »

It's 551r software me7.1.1
I have been using me7sum to checksum my files. Using tuner pro to change my tune. Upload looked to go okay. Went to start and bam. If I just stick key in and turn without starting, that's when you can here the lodge clicking noise. Put old ecu back in in hopes that it cleared lol but no luck.       
 You can do boot mode in the car. (Ground pin 21)  but I also tried bench flashing by taking ecu out. I tried mpps and galleto

Thinking fried ecu, no fix for that?

f1torrents

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 11:34:03 AM »

I may be wrong but I dont think ME7Sum works with that ME7.1.1 ECU..
Post the file and someone or I will checksum it for you .
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 11:44:43 AM »

I may be wrong but I dont think ME7Sum works with that ME7.1.1 ECU..

It absolutely should. If it does not, tell me so, and give me sample files so I can fix it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 11:48:26 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 11:49:08 AM »

It's 551r software me7.1.1
I have been using me7sum to checksum my files. Using tuner pro to change my tune. Upload looked to go okay. Went to start and bam. If I just stick key in and turn without starting, that's when you can here the lodge clicking noise. Put old ecu back in in hopes that it cleared lol but no luck.       
 You can do boot mode in the car. (Ground pin 21)  but I also tried bench flashing by taking ecu out. I tried mpps and galleto

Thinking fried ecu, no fix for that?

Dead battery? Got a spare ecu to try?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 12:19:49 PM »

Battery is probably dead yeah.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
b4A4nowA6

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 02:36:12 PM »

no spare -good ecu. This is the 3rd one this happened to. I know that my car battery is good. It is not the sound of the starter click. I will make a video and put it up on youtube when I get the chance. the failure to communicate is the worse part.

Thanks guys for any input
AARDQ

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 08:12:48 PM »

It absolutely should. If it does not, tell me so, and give me sample files so I can fix it.

Works perfectly with 551R, used it many, many times with never an issue.  one possibility, don't resave using Tunerpro after checksumming with the tool.
b4A4nowA6

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 11:35:26 AM »

Okay I have an update.
I think part of the problem was the galletto program I had didn't work and I haplenty to have a working one one my computer and I was able to write and communicate with the new ecu.  I tried 1 more file and Crash!. I thought.. maybe it's the file.
So I did everything over and put my known good file on and it worked!
So then I thought I would try that on 1 of the crashed ecu's I had and we able to recover it as well. All in BootMode in the car.
Between the 2 eeprom tools on here and galletto and tuner pro. I got everything back up AND got rid of my boost deviation code too! Cable used was a genuine Ross tech.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: