Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ford Body Control Modules  (Read 3065 times)
miklec

« on: July 12, 2020, 01:56:44 PM »

I have been working on reading out Ford BCMs to understand better how they program and work.  The end result would to have methods to easily copy and paste (clone) the data to a replacement module without having to use incode and outcode or parameter reset functions.  I have successfully cloned some Continental BCMs with IO Terminal.  One LEAR is now in final works to complete. IO Terminal can now read it out. Currently I have a Continental ECU that is not covered from a 2010 F-150.  I was able to read out the P-Flash no problem.  VVDI is having a hard time knowing the size of EEPROM and D-Flash.  With some experimentation I read out some files to work with. The ASCII translation is not showing a VIN in the data.  I am fairly certain it is in there.  So it may be encrypted.  Is there a decryption software out there that can show multiple translations of what it could be?
bamofo

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 05:44:33 AM »

I have been working on reading out Ford BCMs to understand better how they program and work.  The end result would to have methods to easily copy and paste (clone) the data to a replacement module without having to use incode and outcode or parameter reset functions.  I have successfully cloned some Continental BCMs with IO Terminal.  One LEAR is now in final works to complete. IO Terminal can now read it out. Currently I have a Continental ECU that is not covered from a 2010 F-150.  I was able to read out the P-Flash no problem.  VVDI is having a hard time knowing the size of EEPROM and D-Flash.  With some experimentation I read out some files to work with. The ASCII translation is not showing a VIN in the data.  I am fairly certain it is in there.  So it may be encrypted.  Is there a decryption software out there that can show multiple translations of what it could be?

You need to share more info, the ROM, EEPROM, Full read to get any answer from this site. There are other ways of obfuscating HEX so that ASCII Translation doesnt make sense.. But without seeing the read file its gonna be hard to help you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: