Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: For anyone interested in working with Digifant 1  (Read 14805 times)
vwnut8392

« on: November 18, 2016, 02:25:50 PM »

i figured i'd start a thread to see if anyone one out there has any interest in working with digifant 1. i dont rule this ECU out because it has a ton of flexability as i've ran it on virtually every 4 cylinder VW engine made except the 2.0FSI/TFSI and even made it work on 10v 5 cylinder audi engines before. i have attached some files below for those interested in working with this ECU.

file list
 -VW6636_eng.rar=fully decompiled IDA pro IDB file with its matching 3 timing BIN file.
 -VW6636+usb.rar=modified 3 timing map file that will allow input of innovative LC-1 and live USB data logging
 -the TOOLS.rar=software created by a russian guy known as KDA for live data logging the ECU and tuning BIN files. (software is in russian though so best of luck with using it.)
 -images.rar=pictures of how to modify the ECU hardware for live data logging and add the ability to use LC-1 for lambda input.(picture comments are originally in russian and i converted them to english with google translate)
 -TunerPro RT v5 - G60 3 Ignition Map (Marc G60T 2014).xdf=3 timing map XDF from a user on ecuconnections forum

i have some single timing stuff too but its known that the later 3 timing map file work better. i know this ECU is an oldie but its still a good one. i use it on an ABA on one of my dune buggies, the other dune buggy has a 1.8T running on it, i also have a 10v turbo audi coupe GT running on it as well so that shows it can definitely be used outside the box if your creative enough and willing to work with it.

i started working seeing if i could come up with a launch control and flat shift for this along with a hard fuel cut rev limiter but i have yet to actually make the ECU cut spark like i want it to. for this project i will post off and on if i make any progress on it.
vwnut8392

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 02:31:52 PM »

The tools.rar
vwnut8392

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 02:34:40 PM »

tunerpro XDF
vwnut8392

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 02:37:27 PM »

The images from images.rar
vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 03:37:59 PM »

Great info. I tuned one of these (G60 with aftermarket charger) recently using a tool that allowed live data tracing with Tunerpro, and an Osterich for tuning on the fly. I have said tool for sale if anyone wants it, as I don't think I'll see another DIgi project for a long time. I spent some time defining what I needed in WinOLS, and left it at that. Initially I was surprised I was able to do what I did with the ecu, and as time went on, I became frustrated with the lack of adjustment I got used to having with ME7+.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwnut8392

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 04:43:51 PM »

nice to see that others here have worked with it and see the potential of it. the adjustment isnt that bad in it though, you probably didnt have enough of the ECU discovered to use what it has to offer. fueling works very well, that fact that its a genuine speed density system makes it even better. for MAP sensors all you need to is add a larger one and rescale the timing and fuel axis's and your ready to rock for more boost.

here's my digifant 1 1.8T buggy.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 06:21:28 PM »

you probably didnt have enough of the ECU discovered to use what it has to offer.

I defined nearly the entire file calibration-data wise. Both single and multi-map.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwnut8392

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 11:25:47 AM »

good stuff! would you be willing to share those files?

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 04:17:40 PM »

good stuff! would you be willing to share those files?

\great work

Poor quality lingers long after the price is forgotten ....
Colt45

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 12:51:52 PM »

Interesting, any more info about the 5zyl turbo setup? Is it reliable?
vwnut8392

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 01:12:35 PM »

Interesting, any more info about the 5zyl turbo setup? Is it reliable?
sorry for the late reply but yes it is extremely reliable. i drove on it daily for 2 years before swapping to an AAN 20V I5 turbo in my 4000 quattro.
dragon187

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 03:12:37 PM »

What about the famous digilag, have you found it?
vwnut8392

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2017, 06:32:38 PM »

What about the famous digilag, have you found it?

yes there are x2 constants that are timers that need to be set to 0 and the digifant lag is gone.
vwnut8392

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 01:36:50 PM »

Using the IDB file in the RAR i posted above i made a file for a friends G60 corrado that disables all of the ISV control under boost. This eliminates the need for an ISV reroute kit. ISV still works as it should at idle as well. i have a few other ideas as well that im going to test/work on like, pin 20 (MIL Light) as a shift light, also pin 20 will blink if knock is detected with an adjustable threshold, a hard spark cut launch control and flat shift, using the lambda input wire as a sort of wheel speed input to disable/enable launch control.

I also got the KDA data logging working properly with a USB To RS232 TTL UART PL2303HX adapter off of ebay for a few bucks. to make the data logging work you only need to solder 2 resistors and solder in your USB to RS232 adapter to pin 21 and the ground from the adapter to a ground in the ECU. i am going to work on getting away from using KDA's program though because of lack of english support and make the logging output directly into tunerpro RT. i have no worked with the wideband input yet but i will in the near future.

My last addition on my list is to use the ISV wire for a form of crude boost control because it is a PWM output. i have made a BIN that makes the old ISV code reference a 16x16 table that the axis's are RPM and boost. this test works in the logging but an N75 or MAC valve does not react properly and this leads me to believe there is a problem with the frequency output that needs corrected. i hooked an old ISV to the output and i can command it open/closed very precisely from 0 to 100% using my 16x16 table. this will probably lead to a hardware modification to make the frequency proper for an N75 or MAC valve.

This file is a stock 3 timing file with just the ISV under boost code removed and the lambda control disabled. removing and adding code in digifant 1 is pretty straight forward, all you have to do is find the jump out in the main digifant loop and NOP the jump to that the address where the main lambda code starts for example an that feature is disabled.
vwnut8392

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 01:48:20 PM »

I forgot to add proper pictures for enabling the data logging by KDA.

-The First picture is of the connects a 1k ohm resistor from R61 to the one open pad on R14. i have found in some G60 ECU's R14 and R15 are populated from the factory and these are automatic G60 ECU's. you can simply remove R14 and R15 in your ECU and everything will work fine.

-The second picture is a 240ohm resistor soldered across R219 near the processor.

-The Third picture is how you attach the wires from the USB to serial converter.

These are the only hardware modifications needed to make KDA's logging software work aside from putting the patched KDA BIN file in the ECU. as i said in the post above i will be working on a way to get away from KDA's logging program and use tunerpro RT instead in the future.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: