Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Golf mk4 GTi Big turbo tune  (Read 14742 times)
RallyeCAV606

« on: November 29, 2016, 11:04:29 AM »

Hello guys,

I used to tune an aftermarket management but now I want to learn to tune OEM ecu's.

For a start I have an AGU 150bhp engine with big turbo Garrett GT3071R. I change all the ecu related parts sensors,injectors,coils,and wiring so I can use an \ECU from a BAM 225hp engine so I have the wideband sensor and the flexibility of the ME7.5 vs ME3.8.
First of all I cancel the fault code of the VVT cause my engine doesn't have it and the EGTwhich I don't have.

My problem is that I start the car and I have an engine load at idle 40-60% and injector opening at 6-8ms which is way too much for an idle. The maf reading is also higher than normal. I check with MAF disconnected and have nothing changed. How is the engine load calculated except from MAF reading is any map I have to alter to get a right reading.

As for the VVT I only remove the dtc which I'm sure is not the only thing I must alter. Where I can find the map of the VVT so the ECU don't expect the timing change. Is my high engine load start from wrong valve calculated timing?
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 01:46:18 PM »

All I will say right now is this is a huge project for someone just getting started. It would also be a good idea to retain the VVT to help spoolup up (although it's only 2-300 rpm's earlier from my experience).

What size maf?
What size injectors?

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
RallyeCAV606

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 12:05:10 AM »

My engine is AGU without the VVT that's why I need to disable.

As for Maf and injector is the oem of the BAM
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 12:46:40 AM »

TB % used for a load calc without maf sensor
bam injectors way too small for this turbo
at least 550s should be used

for disabling vvt read wiki
kfnwse, kfnwlle (and other kfnwwlle kfnwwlwlwlwlwe shit), cdnws, eskonf
also check lambda regulation after code-out vvt
RallyeCAV606

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 01:05:40 AM »

I know about injectors but we won't get much power for a start.

I read and understand the s4 wiki where I can find that maps. Is there any good xdf or ols file for this ecu?
adam-

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 01:40:42 AM »

Depends what file is on the ECU.
RallyeCAV606

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 03:51:28 AM »

Attached is my file till now. The ecu is 8N0906018H 0004
RallyeCAV606

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 12:25:58 AM »

Hello again,

By now I rectified all my problems the car work fine and is time to modified fuel.

As my injectors and MAF is OEM of the BAM as the ECU I believe I want made any changes in there maps.
So we only have to alter the Lambda maps and driver request load to made the fuelling right? What the needed maps for the final VE tables?

I make logs with VCDS (lambda at channel 31, rpm, load, injector duty...) Is this the only solution or is there anything better
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 12:30:24 AM »

You read the s4wiki but didn't bother with ME7Logger?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
RallyeCAV606

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 01:19:54 AM »

Thanks nyet

I didn't realise that was in front of my eyes. Now the S4wiki talk about the MAF calibration in case you change it to bigger one. In my case I don't want much power and boost so I didn't change the maf housing is the standard BAM. As I can understand I will need to change the turbo characteristic as I have big turbo so the air flow isn't the calculated. Is that true? what map is that I will need to alter for that?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 10:04:57 AM »

MAF calibration has nothing to do with turbo size.

You may, however, need to change the MAF limits that trigger DTCs.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
RallyeCAV606

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 12:45:26 PM »

Currently I'm using TunerPro with an xdf file I create with a help of German map pack of winols.

I already disable VVT,EGT and Cat as I don't have them on my engine. My Maf,injector,coil sensors and ecu are all came from a BAM engine that's why I don't made any changes to MAF and injector maps.

My car start,idle and drive ok but not as I must be. As We can see from log is working rich. At idle which I was watch the measurement from VCDS my load and maf is in the specs but in highside. Also after a light test drive which I was trying to maintain the turbo with no boost I get an error code that I have a leak between maf and throttle which I check and is all fine.

I believe that the big Turbo , big port and little higher compression of the AGU vs BAM is the reason I'm working rich and have this fault code. My problem is what and how I need to calibrate so the ECU can calculate the right load of the so can inject the right amount of fuel.

Attached is my xdf bin and log files
adam-

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2016, 01:21:45 PM »

You are using a BAM MAF AND INJECTORS with a GT30?  Wow.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 01:57:05 PM »

You are using a BAM MAF AND INJECTORS with a GT30?  Wow.

"bamn"

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 01:59:56 PM »

Forget about "big port" and all that other stuff.

If you want to push more air, you need

1) A maf that won't max out
2) Injectors that can keep up with the extra air.

In theory, you should have already known and planned for that before picking any parts, let alone buying them and installing them.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: