Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2005 BMW 4.8IS ME9 tuning?? Help...  (Read 5014 times)
nitrorocket

« on: November 17, 2011, 04:06:33 PM »

I need to be able to tune the ECU. I cannot find much info on this ECU tuning and an wondering if anyone has recomendations.

I want to try running another brand V8 off this ECU, so I need to be able to adjust. The application will be twin turbocharged and I will also need to manipulate trans pressures, shift point and anything else computer controlled.

On the engine side I need to be able to adjust ingnition and fuel injector dwell and timing, can timing, decativate rear 02 use, and much more.

Any advice on if this is possible?
RaraK

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 04:14:46 PM »

you can do all that with the computer, no problem.  Finding a tool to read/write flash and checksum i do not know of to help you.

not terribly difficult to tune that, however if you have no me7 experience, good luck lots of learning ahead! better to pay a professional tuner to remap for your needs.
nitrorocket

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 04:42:31 PM »

I have a ton of experience tuning with EFILIVE program on GM vehicles and also tuning my 500hp 2.7T audi with the ME7.1 ECU using Eurodyne.

I don't have any experience with the ME9 or how to connect to it and read and tune with it. Can I jsut plug into it with tunerpro and use bins for a ME7?

I am lost here...

Thanks!
RaraK

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 06:26:56 AM »

I have a ton of experience tuning with EFILIVE program on GM vehicles and also tuning my 500hp 2.7T audi with the ME7.1 ECU using Eurodyne.

I don't have any experience with the ME9 or how to connect to it and read and tune with it. Can I jsut plug into it with tunerpro and use bins for a ME7?

I am lost here...

Thanks!

Your pretty far off, both of those solutions you have used are NOT like tuning a bosch ECU, sorry.  maestro would be closest, but it renames maps and gives you about 1/1000th of the maps in the ecu.

realisitically dont attempt to swap me9 ecu to another v8 without canape/inca proper calibration tools, i would only then attempt to do something like this. 

HOWEVER, GM makes car's that are ME9, you may want to research that ; )

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 11:33:08 AM »

I have a 2013 BMW F10 3.0 tt looking for ECU flash instructions. The Tricor ECU is unique password protected. Does anyone know the best way to bypass this and remain undetected to not void warranty?

P
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: