Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 06a906032LQ software compatability?  (Read 4930 times)
CillBosby

« on: December 08, 2016, 09:50:29 PM »

Sorry if this has been answered already because I have not been able to find an answer to my question, but I was wondering if I can flash a 06a906032LP file onto an 06a906032LQ ecu without any issues. I had to replace the old LP ecu with an LQ ecu and I want to get rid of the check engine light from the ecu not detecting the automatic transmission (The LP ecu is for an AWP jetta manual and the LQ is for an AWP engine jetta automatic) so would I be able to flash it? Thanks in advance Smiley
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 04:24:10 AM »

I find it hard to believe you disabled immo on a auto ecu to run in your car but yet can't answer this question on your own.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 08:17:27 AM »

You can also try to recode the ecu with vcds for the manual trans.
If that doesnt work, I wouldnt hesitate to flash the other version on it, but the question for you is: do you know how to boot mode flash?
Check the both files with me7check and if things like bootrom version and file size are the same I would give it a shot.

CillBosby

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 03:57:06 PM »

I find it hard to believe you disabled immo on a auto ecu to run in your car but yet can't answer this question on your own.

I didnt disable immo i bought the ecu used along with its cluster and adapted my keys with two new id48 chips.
CillBosby

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 04:02:47 PM »

You can also try to recode the ecu with vcds for the manual trans.
If that doesnt work, I wouldnt hesitate to flash the other version on it, but the question for you is: do you know how to boot mode flash?
Check the both files with me7check and if things like bootrom version and file size are the same I would give it a shot.

Yeah I shouldve mentioned that I was unable to recode it with vcds. I do know how to boot mode flash but for some reason my pc wont detect it in boot mode on my bench nor will my laptop. Ill ground pin 24 for 5 seconds (I've tried up to 15 seconds) and when I go to read a file with galletto or connect in boot mode with nefmoto it wont detect, but it doesn't detect it normally through KWP2000 after grounding the pin either, so that tells me that it may be going into boot mode and just not detecting it. Thats why I asked the question of whether I can flash it just fine, cause if I brick it I wont be able to bootmode flash the stock file back onto it.
_nameless

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 07:48:38 PM »

Any 2002+ awp file will work. 032hs has a very good defined map pack and will flash straight across to your ecu without bootmode. Me7.5 cross flashes without issue 9/10 times

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
CillBosby

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 09:55:57 PM »

Any 2002+ awp file will work. 032hs has a very good defined map pack and will flash straight across to your ecu without bootmode. Me7.5 cross flashes without issue 9/10 times

Ah ok. Thank you very much for the help Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: