Pages: [1]
Author Topic: unbricked and up and running but no air-ride  (Read 4077 times)
maetteo01AR

« on: December 15, 2016, 01:38:20 AM »

bricked my 4z790551m last week so we then used a Daz D.(RIP) virgin 95040 bin  in bootmode via ARgdubs tool, write was successful so we then went and flashed a stock 4z790551m from a large list of bins that we found from a link made by a member named Nyet(cant remember exactly what the title to that page was, anyway anyone else ever happen to have an issue with there air-ride after unbricking there ecu?
AARDQ

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 07:55:15 AM »

Coded as AR?
maetteo01AR

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 06:57:23 PM »

Coded as AR?
if your refering to me leaving out a 7 in the bin I originally refered to, it should have been 4z7907551m. actual file below. also below is the immo off we used. if your not refering to that then Im not sure what you mean. sorry Im a noob.
maetteo01AR

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 11:26:39 PM »

Coded as AR?
yes. 2001.5 Allroad 2.7t
AARDQ

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 07:36:00 AM »

For clarity, I meant with VCDS making sure it's coded as an AR and not an A6.  You will also probably find that you need to recode for cruise control.  Obviously check the suspension control module for error messages as well (all modules, for that matter).  Most people I would say start with using VCDS or something similar and then progress to tuning; you maybe have gone about it the other way?
maetteo01AR

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 02:11:36 AM »

For clarity, I meant with VCDS making sure it's coded as an AR and not an A6.  You will also probably find that you need to recode for cruise control.  Obviously check the suspension control module for error messages as well (all modules, for that matter).  Most people I would say start with using VCDS or something similar and then progress to tuning; you maybe have gone about it the other way?
lol. i really appreciate most of that info, thank you for taking the time to respond and as for me going about it "your wrong way" IDK, I think Im doing ok. i managed to unbrick my ECU without any help from any nefmoto soup nazi's (until now of coarse) cars seems to be running pretty well actually, fixed cruise and a few other things ( I have vcds lite and was able to barrow vcds from a friend. Im no expert with it or anything but Ive never really needed it for anything but checking trouble codes and logging until now and considering that I think Ive handled it pretty well. i made it all the way thru this entire situation until now on my own, I didnt ask anyone on here to do it for me or even for a point in the right direction and thats a shame really bc i shouldnt Have felt like I was gonna get stuffed in my locker by one of you seniors< i shouldnt have known this is what would happen but I did and it did. Im sorry i wasnt able to figure it all out without asking a question, i should have known asking one question was asking too much in a noob thread for a bricked ECU but I was trying to have a positive outlook dispite the people on here like you who are incapable of helping someone without making them feel bad about asking for help. Dont worry sir I promise it wont happen again, I swear.
AARDQ

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 09:40:06 AM »

Overreact much?  You mentioned nothing about any other steps you had tried, so it seemed to me that, indeed, you had figured out the hard stuff without doing the easy stuff.  That's it, nothing else intended.  Notice the question mark?  Sincere question.

So.  It seems you've coded everything properly and have no error codes.  What issues with air ride are you having?
maetteo01AR

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2016, 12:05:54 AM »

sorry AARDQ. It might not look like it bc I didnt actually register till a couple weeks ago but Ive been on this site researching pretty heavy for the past four months or so and Ive just read too many threads where noobs that are working hard are still being treated like the ones who want a hand out and I guess I was anticipating that happening and jumped too soon. again all apologies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: