Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Help turning of Immo  (Read 17483 times)
AFAndrew

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 06:38:53 PM »

What program do I use to do the ECU EPROM?
Rollerton

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 07:47:21 PM »

I have no idea what you guys are getting at- If you can't turn Immo off via cluster how did I do it 10 years ago when I built a FIS Mk4 Golf cluster using a Euro R32 eeprom and a W8 cluster?
It's been a decade, but it was fairly simple editing 4 bytes of data (after soldering the pathways to avoid CAN signal for gauges).

I'm not here to argue, especially with you guys, seems like you want to get hung up on Erasable Electronic PrOgramming Module vs "Flash" , (which is what Nefmoto specifically calls the file ? e.g 'read full flash').

Anyway, it's way more complicated than it has to be; obviously there's a glitch if he can't get Nefmoto (or anything else) to read the ECU eeprom.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 10:20:48 PM »

I'm not here to argue, especially with you guys, seems like you want to get hung up on Erasable Electronic PrOgramming Module vs "Flash" , (which is what Nefmoto specifically calls the file ? e.g 'read full flash').

The flash is a seperate device from the eeprom.

Anyway, it's way more complicated than it has to be; obviously there's a glitch if he can't get Nefmoto (or anything else) to read the ECU eeprom.

You mean he can't get it to read the ECU flash Tongue

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 10:22:03 PM »

What program do I use to do the ECU EPROM?

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?board=42.0

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
macxxx

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2016, 02:44:33 AM »

adam- typing mistake it's 09397 Wink  it's immo3 and it's a crypto cluster

Rollerton you can't turn off the immo at cluster , ok maybe you can but it wont turn it off at ECU , maybe you you got rid of the blinking immo light when you had a ECU without immo and wanted to use a euro cluster ( i guess cars in North America till 2000 didnt have the immo?? )
adam-

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2016, 05:14:07 AM »

Yeah sorry.  09397.
prj

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 06:32:46 AM »

You're not listening to what people are saying.  You CANNOT turn the IMMO off in the ECU FLASH, NOR THE CLUSTER.  It's done in the ECU EEPROM.

This information is not correct.
It is possible to turn off the immo in the flash.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
adam-

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 11:25:26 AM »

It's not well documented (if at all), so not many people can do it.  Are you going to explain how to?
prj

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2016, 10:17:24 PM »

It's not well documented (if at all), so not many people can do it.  Are you going to explain how to?
There is no point. It is different for every binary, and those who know how to find the offsets to patch, know how to do it regardless.
So this would serve no purpose.

Log your car properly.
QuickS4

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2016, 11:35:05 PM »

Simplest thing to do is read. Read up on the link Nyet provided. There's tons of great information and software regarding immo read and write and how to turn it off. Easy to follow instructions if you're willing to put in the time. And quite frankly, it's easier than tuning. 

But....  That being said, you first need to sort out your connection issue.  Not saying I'm correct, however if nef is saying it can't read.  Maybe it's tuned and has a no read obd protection set in place. Or there's an actual connection problem. 

Can you post more info or screen shot of the issue.  Even logs would help. 

Prj, is there a way to catch patterns or more like a rule of thumb that would help figure out the offsets to patch?  Just curious (always learning) if there was something that stands out for this type of thing. 

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
prj

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2016, 05:48:55 AM »

You need to disassemble every file and find the points to patch.

Log your car properly.
adam-

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2016, 11:10:17 AM »

And what are you changing?
prj

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2016, 06:50:54 AM »

And what are you changing?
The same thing as you are doing in the eeprom.

Log your car properly.
Carsinc

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 09:56:03 PM »

As Prj said I have seen if def in a few files, but its rare i cannot do it but I've seen it done.
I guess since i have a couple examples i could figure it out given enough time.
AFAndrew

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2017, 02:43:36 PM »

Hey guys so i am trying to get my 2001 Audi A6 to work. Long story short I swapped the leds in my original cluster, installed it and everything worked fine. Went for a 30 min drive no issues. Got home and turned the car off went inside for 10min and came back out and i noticed the cluster was not turning on when i opened the door and when i put the key in i noticed the immo light was on. I tried turning the car on and it would not turn over just crank. I thought it might be the battery so i bout a new one and nothing same issue. I bought a used cluster that would work with my vehicle. I plugged it in and everything worked on it but still the immo is active. I tried retrieving the skc from the old cluster but it is shot for some reason, it wont be read by vag com or the Nefmoto flasher software. The new cluster reads perfectly to retrieve the SKC from the cluster. And when i try to retrieve the code from the ECU it keeps telling me the ECU cant be found. Any ideas?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: