Pages: [1]
Author Topic: what am i doing wrong?  (Read 5083 times)
chain_slappinS4

« on: December 31, 2016, 10:53:06 AM »

ive been banging my head against the desk here for a few days now trying to figure this out, and im sure im over-complicating things.

i load a bin file into winols, load the .a2l file no issues.. everything seems to be where it's supposed to, axis' line up ( i think, im still wayyyyyyyy green!!) all the data looks ok...

i start to make some changes ( emissions related stuff), export a new bin file, and export a map pack.

now if i go and reload that same bin and map pack i just exported, everything seems to be off quite a bit. axis seem to be in the right place, but the units on the axis' seem to be off....

i.e. rpms would be 1000 1500 2000 2500 3000 0 1000 1500

i've tried offsetting the map pack when i import it back in, but to no avail. i've read through the winols help and cant seem to find it... Huh Huh

im sure it's something simple im overlooking.... if someone can point out what im doing wrong, or point me to a link to do some reading, i would be most greatful !!

-Mark

microsoft asked me to install windows nt or better, so i installed Solaris!!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 12:51:57 PM »

Why are you exporting a map pack?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
chain_slappinS4

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 02:49:44 PM »

Why are you exporting a map pack?
well now, that's a good question... I guess that's what I thought I was supposed to do.. I guess I can just load the a2l file each time I load the bin, then everything would be where it's supposed to be... wouldn't it... i have to try that...

seems almost rudimentary... i said I was over complicating things..

thank you nyet and Alex for answering!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 03:15:58 AM »

You can just load your .ols project. No need to import anything after the 1st time. Rtfm Grin

chain_slappinS4

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 08:30:44 AM »

I did rtfm... 3 times... this is on a new project, the manual doesn't tell you how to offset the maps, it just shows you the screens that come up when you try to import a map...that wasn't my question... but thanks for answering
 Cool

TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 10:42:46 AM »

I guess I can just load the a2l file each time I load the bin, then everything would be where it's supposed to be...
I responded to this line. You load / import the bin. Then you import damos or a2l with correct offset. If you save your project, you can open this and all maps are there, also when you make changes to the bin and save newversions of your project.
Now if you export the map pack (for example for sharing with demo ols users) you DONT need to offset this when importing! It is already linked to the correct binary adresses.

chain_slappinS4

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 11:15:49 AM »

I responded to this line. You load / import the bin. Then you import damos or a2l with correct offset. If you save your project, you can open this and all maps are there, also when you make changes to the bin and save newversions of your project.
Now if you export the map pack (for example for sharing with demo ols users) you DONT need to offset this when importing! It is already linked to the correct binary adresses.
that's why I was asking what I was doing wrong.. that's exactly what I do, and when I look at the maps they are wrong for some reason.     I start a new project,  load the bin file, import the map pack ( that I created from the damos file, for that bin), and the maps don't line up...they are a few places off....

I've tried this 20 times.... maybe I'm not explaining myself correctly... I'll make a quick video,  and just show you guys what I'm talking about..

again, thank you for responding and trying to help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 12:51:30 AM »

So you have the wrong map definition for your bin. No amount of saving and loading is going to fix that.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: